Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 02:41 AM   #81
OAadviser

Model: NA
PIN: N/A
Carrier: NA
Default Trying to upgrade to OS v4.5

Please Login to Remove!

I have tried this most of the day. I downloaded the install file, removed the vendor file, removed my media card, installed the new OS, formatted my media card, reinstalled back onto the media card, BUT...my 8800 wants to keep rebooting by on its own. I finally reinstalled the AT&T v4.2 and no problems.
Don't know what else I can do to get this to work. The little I got to "play" with the OS I REALLY LIKE IT. The layout of the email is do much better and the other features are really nice.
If anyone can help PLEASE let me know. THANK YOU.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:59 AM   #82
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Wirelessly posted (BB 11020)

Did you try the OS after reformatting the media card but before moving all your files back to the card? My guess is you moved the corrupt file back to the card and the rebooting began again.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:04 AM   #83
OAadviser

Default Trying to upgrade to OS v4.5

So...I should have formatted my media card first, then install the update, then move everything back on? Or after the format and update should I reform again then move everything back on the media card? I saw a coment that the media card should also be removed when installing the new OS?

Last edited by OAadviser; 12-26-2008 at 03:29 AM..
Old 12-26-2008, 03:30 AM   #84
John Clark
BBF Moderator

There is a file(s) that are conflicting with the media card scan that 4.5 does. If you format the card and then simply move everything back you haven't gotten rid of the problem. You need to figure out what file (could be a pic or a video file) is causing the reboots. I suggest formatting the card and leaving the card empty for a while and see what happens. Then if all works fine move files back one folder at a time and see if the reboots start. Try and narrow it down to which folder is causing it. Then narrow it down to the file.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:40 AM   #85
OAadviser

Thank you for the suggestion. I will give it another try tomorrow and move one folder at a time as you suggest. I have a feeling it might be a movie I converted from a dvd. Probably move my pictures and music (as you suggest) then maybe the movie.
Again Thank you.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:50 AM   #86
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Just do one folder at a time after using it for a while formatted but with no files.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:02 AM   #87
OAadviser

I will follow your suggestions. Give me a few days to do this and I will post my results with what I find caused the problem with the rebooting.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:45 AM   #88
OAadviser

I updated my phone this morning. Gave it a while and it was stable so I added my ring tones and waited - stable. Added some music a little later - stable. Finally added some pictures - Stable! I believe my video is causing the reboot problem. Can I get some direction to where information is located on the best way to convert a DVD to place it on my phone? I really live the layout for email and the change in the phone directory. I have not noticed any change in my memory storage but plan on using the Blackberry Setup suggestions to clean it up and make more room. Thank you for all the help!!
Old 12-27-2008, 02:55 AM   #89
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

There is now a more recent update OS for the 8800...

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ilanguage.html

For the vid conversion, alot of people like this application:
http://www.aone-soft.com/mobile_3gp_video_converter.htm
Old 12-27-2008, 04:04 AM   #90
OAadviser

I just finished this newest update! What would I gain doing another update? Would it be worth the time? I have it downloaded but have not installed it yet. New at doing these updates.
Thank you for the video information. Now I'll have so save up so I can buy it.

Last edited by OAadviser; 12-28-2008 at 01:43 AM..
Old 01-01-2009, 04:36 PM   #91
lukynk2bb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
PIN: 29A563C4
Carrier: Vodafone CZ BIS

many thanks for that, I have already installed this software, I am from Czech republic and my carier is Vodafone. I am without BIS and BES and it works great.
I have only one question: in Docs to go I can only edit Word and Powerpoint files, is there any posibility to editing Excell sheets?
Thank for reply
Old 01-01-2009, 11:34 PM   #92
wu-wei
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: A GADDA DA VIDA
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukynk2bb View Post
many thanks for that, I have already installed this software, I am from Czech republic and my carier is Vodafone. I am without BIS and BES and it works great.
I have only one question: in Docs to go I can only edit Word and Powerpoint files, is there any posibility to editing Excell sheets?
Thank for reply
If you go through the registration process (it's free), you can download an updated version of Docs to Go.

It will include all 3 apps - Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. It is version 1.005
Old 01-04-2009, 06:18 PM   #93
lukynk2bb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
PIN: 29A563C4
Carrier: Vodafone CZ BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu-wei View Post
If you go through the registration process (it's free), you can download an updated version of Docs to Go.

It will include all 3 apps - Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. It is version 1.005
I found out the registration, but this is paid only. Because I lived in Czech republic, I have no possibility to pay through the internet, because of our Credit cards. Is there any option to upgrade this free?
Old 01-04-2009, 10:42 PM   #94
wu-wei
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: A GADDA DA VIDA
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukynk2bb View Post
I found out the registration, but this is paid only. Because I lived in Czech republic, I have no possibility to pay through the internet, because of our Credit cards. Is there any option to upgrade this free?
There is no charge to register the free version included in the 4.5 OS.

The charge is for the premium version, which is not what you're looking for.

Don't select anything that says premium when you go to the registration page.

Or, you could check this post.
Closed Thread