Pizzle
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 8310
PIN: T + PINT = QUART
Carrier: at&t

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy Genius
No, because it is a QWERTZ model (Germany) that is the standard keyboard layout, we use QWERTY, France uses AZERTY
Heh...that's fascinating. Never knew that...I thought it was a photoshop thing, too.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:11 AM   #42
manicdog

Model: 8100

Hmm, makes me wonder if I should send back my 8100 and just wait for this one... thoughts?
Old 09-24-2006, 08:29 AM   #43
gonavyblue
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy Genius
Yes, 100%

Not 100%. Stop making claims that are inaccurate, false and misleading.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:35 AM   #44
Feashman

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxhiyanxx
what are those 2 copper looking dots on the bottom of the USB side?
I would bet that they are for charging. The 8100 has similar copper "power" contacts on the back. The 8800 doesn't. RIM is probably going to release a charging station that would contact at those points. Be surprised if they went back to the manual cable connect since they already introduced this enhancement with the 8100.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:51 AM   #45
ant architect
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewjm
I noticed the first phone (the silver one) says EDGE on the screen...

Is that a bad sign? I mean, I'm sure thats some sample screen, but still, if the device supported UMTS, wouldn't they want to show off that feature, atleast in a sample of the device?
If you notice on the screen, it also has a Pictures icon, which any OS above 4.1 wouldn't have. The screen cap isn't accurate and was probably inserted in the image incorrectly.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:40 AM   #46
Boy Genius
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: FFFFFFF
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonavyblue
Not 100%. Stop making claims that are inaccurate, false and misleading.
Are you kidding me? If its unlocked it will work on any carrier that has a blackbery plan...

The Boy Genius Report
Old 09-24-2006, 10:49 AM   #47
Chinasaur
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Z30
Carrier: T-Mobile

It looks as cheap as the 8100. This signals a futher degradation of BB build/material quality. Someone drank the CoolAid™ at RIM :( And in the move into consumerspace vs businessspace, they will need all the quality they can get.

I'm all for the company making profits, but profits at the expense of having to use a flimsy POS with a crappy keyboard (my 8700g), then no.

No sale.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:40 AM   #48
thriller

Carrier: Rogers

Why is this running 4.1, i thought the newer blackberries would be runing 4.2
Old 09-24-2006, 07:01 PM   #49
Dude

Model: 8310

Quote:
Originally Posted by finch
muellerlinger: 09-22-2006, 06:51 PM
Engadget: Sep 23rd 2006 4:27AM

muellerlinger leads by 9 hours 36 minutes.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:22 PM   #50
thought
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude
muellerlinger: 09-22-2006, 06:51 PM
Engadget: Sep 23rd 2006 4:27AM

muellerlinger leads by 9 hours 36 minutes.
I don't understand your point. Boy Genius in his report on engadget clearly gave credit to Muellerlinger.

No one disputes the fact that Muellerlinger was the one to break these photos, and here on blackberryforums as well!

Hey, for all we know Boy Genius knows Muellerlinger!
Old 09-24-2006, 07:58 PM   #51
Boy Genius
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: FFFFFFF

I had those pics and info at the sametime or before and from the same document, i wasnt going to post it yet until I got more info, so i gave him credit aswell..

The Boy Genius Report
Old 09-24-2006, 08:22 PM   #52
gziz

Model: 8700c
Carrier: cingular

i dont see why people think BG is some sort of god, so he knows people at RIM or the carriers that are sharing this info with him, so what its not like hes doing something special he just happens to be lucky and knows the people who has access RIM's internal docs. the real people to thank are the people who are giving BG the info, BG is just the middle man.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:31 PM   #53
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriller
Why is this running 4.1, i thought the newer blackberries would be runing 4.2
Just a hint - themes don't define what OS version is on the handheld. If that were the case, then you would say I had OS 4.1 on my phone still...
Old 09-24-2006, 08:47 PM   #54
infernox
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by gziz
i dont see why people think BG is some sort of god, so he knows people at RIM or the carriers that are sharing this info with him, so what its not like hes doing something special he just happens to be lucky and knows the people who has access RIM's internal docs. the real people to thank are the people who are giving BG the info, BG is just the middle man.
Who cares where it comes from? As long as we get it. If Boy Genius gives it out then great and thanks. If it's a flying pig that does it, then fantastic. Who cares!
Old 09-24-2006, 08:55 PM   #55
thought
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gziz
What...you mean BG isn't a god...oh, well, I guess I'll have to throw away my BG Buddha

Seriously, though...BG deserves great credit for giving us this info. He does us a great service in doing so. Also, to be that well connected is pretty neat as well.

Of course, those who supply him the info are important pieces in the chain, as are the people who design the phones, who build the phones, etc...heck, you may as well go all the way back to the Co-CEO's of RIM while you're at it.

Bottom line: great props to BG...please continue to keep us all informed and ignore the naysayers.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:07 PM   #56
thriller

Carrier: Rogers

A lot of RIM employees have never versions on blackberries but are using old casing to no spill the beans and show there is a new blackberry.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:13 PM   #57
gziz

Model: 8700c
Carrier: cingular

ya i have a friend that works at RIM that had the pearl in like feb, it was the same hardware as the retail version but the case looked disgusting so no one said anything.

and then finnaly when the pearl was launched he was allowed to show it and i was like this whole time you had the pearl and you didnt say nothing.

and now he has another device that looks hidious and its gotta be the 8800 but i dont ask him much cuz i dont want him to get in trouble and i wouldnt put him in that position.

i didnt mean to diss BG but i meant to say is that he didnt do anything special, he was just the messenger.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:22 AM   #58
BBAdmin
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: .
Carrier: .

First off the images look very nice. The Vodafone device is in my opinion the most ugly of the three, but it's also the only one with space between the keys which will no doubt make it the easiest to use.

I think RIM are completely missing a whole market sector on qwerty devices though. They keep making high tier devices like the 8700 and then replacing them with the 8800 which results in price erosion on the 8700. What a stupid way of going about things! While they need something for the upper end of the market, they're forgetting the lower end of the market. If they bought out a basic full qwerty like the 7230 used to be you'd find a lot more companies equipping employees with devices that previously would not have been considered due to cost. I know BlackBerry devices are not particularly expensive, but while they're concentrating so hard on the top of the market, I fear they are forgetting those near the bottom. Take for example couriers that use them and on the road engineers - I bet most of them are still using 7290's - companies won't be equipping them with expensive 8700's or the 8800, so what's that about???

As a side line (as I get annoyed with the insane amount of assumption that surrounds leaks), this talk of BES 5.0 is a load of crap - we won't be seeing it until very late next year!

Old 09-25-2006, 07:25 AM   #59
El Blackberry
Thumbs Must Hurt

That Vodafone one looks super sweet! I just sold my 8100 Pearl yesterday, couldn't handle the keypad, so this will be perfect! Camera? We don't need do stinkin' camera...
Old 09-25-2006, 10:24 AM   #60
ceebz

Model: 8800
PIN: 23F2E165

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasperapd
If it's like the Pearl, it's on top of the unit.
Which is the reason the Pearl's alerts are so quiet. A huge design flaw, IMO and I can't believe they're making the same mistake with the 8800.

Closed Thread