Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 12:54 PM   #1
hayabusa
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: Cingular
Angry RIM has out sourced there DST calls to a call center in Austin Texas

Please Login to Remove!

Just to let everyone know that I just called in and got routed to someone who knew nothing about Blackberry. The only thing they could keep telling me was to go to there website go to there website
Old 02-27-2007, 03:32 PM   #2
ojai00
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Mobile

Those guys have no idea what they're doing. I called with an existing case number regarding Domino and was still transferred over to the call queue for DST. After waiting in the queue of 30 callers and finding out I was placed in the DST queue, needless to say I was pissed off!
Old 02-27-2007, 04:59 PM   #3
tdigitee

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

Yes, had to call 3x today as they kept dropping my calls or failing to return calls...painful.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:05 PM   #4
crstek

Model: 7520
Default Goodlink here I come!

I'm moving over to a company that has Goodlink.....
Old 02-27-2007, 10:44 PM   #5
mysticBESAdmin

Model: 7130
Carrier: MobileOne

One of the reason they outsource to another company I believe could be due to the call volumes. Everyone is waiting for at least 2hrs when calling tech support. This is totally unacceptable for a organization that pays for support. Do you think that those outsource company knows BlackBerry solution well?
Old 02-28-2007, 06:13 AM   #6
stuwhite
Feeling Blue, Bigly ;->

PIN: 3, it's the magic number
Carrier: Most of them, it's a Global Village man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crstek
I'm moving over to a company that has Goodlink.....
We got rid of them and moved to RIM :-> They are all as bad as each other but I agree with other comments, how a company you pay for support reacts in a crisis is all you really care about. It's not like we buy DELL for their build quality
Old 02-28-2007, 06:50 AM   #7
bertiebassett
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: O2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuwhite
We got rid of them and moved to RIM :-> They are all as bad as each other but I agree with other comments, how a company you pay for support reacts in a crisis is all you really care about. It's not like we buy DELL for their build quality
I'm based in the UK and have advised our customers apporiately we but don't have this 'mass panic' that seems to be in place stateside. What I'm interested in is that I don't think RIM have helped themselves by being

(a) late with the solution
(b) providing unclear/inaccurate documentation (nothing new here)

which thus generates a bunch of calls...

Whats everyones feel on this - if the documentation was better /clearer and out in December would you be in the 'stressed mode' as evinced on these forums..
Old 02-28-2007, 07:14 AM   #8
stuwhite
Feeling Blue, Bigly ;->

PIN: 3, it's the magic number
Carrier: Most of them, it's a Global Village man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertiebassett
I'm based in the UK and have advised our customers apporiately we but don't have this 'mass panic' that seems to be in place stateside. What I'm interested in is that I don't think RIM have helped themselves by being

Whats everyones feel on this - if the documentation was better /clearer and out in December would you be in the 'stressed mode' as evinced on these forums..
Yeah I totally agree but for us Exch users, the blame mainly lies with MS, surprise surprise. We are a premier customer and have been told by MS about the change since last Sept-ish but have they done a thing about it.... It's the old issue of something like BB being so good coz it uses tried and tested tech (i.e. the CDO) but when the author of that messes up, everyone is hit by it. To be fair though, RIM should know the industry well enough to have planned for this all happening. Doesn't do them any favours when MS are trying to steal all their business :->

I am in the UK but run Messaging for a global US org so we have to ensure every user gets this worldwide, as virtually every BB user will have a mtg with the US at some point, deep joy.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:22 AM   #9
noname
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Location: Congested Islet of "Foreign Talents" (> 45% of workforce) - Singapore.
Model: Z10
PIN: NUKE(PAP)
Carrier: Singtel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertiebassett

Totally agree. Faulty products are always created in rush. I'm afraid I have to say this, their software is buggy...