Old 06-12-2006, 11:49 PM   #61
CBR900RR
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: Tmobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yustonuser
Folks - I am about to order this case and am trying to decide between the STi and the STiL. I really like the idea of the open top without a flap, but wondered if anyone, after a few months, have noticed it falling out by accident.
I have the STiL with the heavy duty metal clip, and when I had it in my shirt pocket, the little flap can fold backward and store in the belt clip, and I have the strap on over the top when it is on either my belt or clip to my jeans pocket.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:59 PM   #62
Seattle18
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Curve
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Folks - I am about to order this case and am trying to decide between the STi and the STiL. I really like the idea of the open top without a flap, but wondered if anyone, after a few months, have noticed it falling out by accident.
I have three of the STiL cases now, so you know my opinion. Let me just say that the additional small snap closure is so easy to open/close that it only adds about 1/2 a second to the process. With the added security it gives you I wouldn't get one without it. My $.02.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:19 AM   #63
BBNate
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700c
Thumbs up STi

Quote:
I now have two custom STi cases. The first I've had for about a month or so, the second I ordered a couple of weeks after the first one arrived and I decided I liked it well enough. The first one is in mahogany and you can really tell the difference in the upgraded leather - VERY nice! I was so happy with the first case that I ordered a second in the standard black...nice enough quality leather with no upgrade cost.

I shared your concern on whether or not the case would loosen up, but thus far neither has with daily use. The top might expand ever so slightly, but the base has remained snug and I can turn the case over, hold it by the edges, shake it fairly firmly and the BB does not slip out. So you could do a hand stand or jumping jacks and have no fear. Granted the STiL will give you a bit more peace of mind, but for me I neither like the look or additional work of the snap closure when I feel it's not necessary.

I only have ONE small complaint on the case - it got hung up on my seat belt one day without realizing it and a firm, but not forceful, pull caused the fixed belt clip to separate from the case and completely pull out of the leather slip after breaking the stitching. I was able to slide the clip back in and it's still firm enough to hold, but I would've expected stronger stitching. I understand it was my fault and that's not an everyday usage scenario, but many cases have been broken by getting hung on a seat belt, etc. and I would've liked to have seen a stronger bond between the case and clip. For that reason I might suggest upgrading to the heavy duty clip for extra sturdiness.

Bottom line - the STi cases are great, have a slim profile (don't know what the person above was referring to in them being "too large"), nice quality leather, look good, function well and no worries on loosening - at least with the all-leather version for the standard slim battery.

Order & enjoy! Oh - one last point, the complaint on Fortte's responsiveness and customer service is the first I've seen thus far. I've communicated with both Salo and Monica from Fortte numerous times and they were always extremely helpful and attentive. You can see for yourself that they read this forum and will respond directly.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:06 AM   #64
yustonuser
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks BBnate and all - I ordered the STi just now. Now I am just wondering whether to stick with the standard black or upgrade to the Brandy/Black as I like the look of that for the extra $8. Anyone have one of the $8 upgrades like a Brandy and have any feedback? Is it a "toguher" nicer leather then the black or the same?
Closed Thread