Old 08-05-2007, 02:50 PM   #201
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Iwatch youw world with neil cavuto almost daily an read reuters every morning beofre going to bed I reda business an tech sections lol
you watch neil cavuto, lol.

and apple stock is doing just fine. Bloomberg.com: Investment Tools

no stock consistently goes up, there are always adjustments.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:18 PM   #202
rjw3000
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Charm
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Galvatron, you have been asked politely to cooperate with the other users by not posting garbage. It was been asked many times. Your post just before these two was completely coherent.
It's been obvious from day 1 he does it on purpose, just tell him he's gone if he keeps doing it.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:46 PM   #203
Galvatron
No longer Registered.

Model: 8800
PIN: 240582A8
Carrier: tmobile

and the ibrick continues to disapoint

iPhone Owners: "We Like It, But..."
By Melissa J. Perenson, PC World
1 | 2 | Next >
Our survey of 500 iPhone owners reveals that, though most are happy overall, they have lots of suggestions.
The honeymoon isn't over. A little more than a month after the Apple iPhone went on sale, nearly 90 percent of iPhone owners who answered a PC World survey said that they love their almost-new toy. But they also had a few complaints--most notably regarding the iPhone's voice and data networks--and lots of suggestions.
About 13 percent of our respondents said that they'd run into at least one significant problem with their device in the past month. The most common culprit: the battery.
"It is a fantastic device," raves one iPhone owner. "Way beyond my old Treo 700W, which almost seems like an antique rotary phone by comparison. The iPhone is the first and only truly integrated communicator." An overwhelming majority (88 percent) of the survey's nearly 500 respondents rated themselves as very or extremely satisfied with their new phone.
What the iPhone does right
The iPhone received its highest marks for music and video playback: About 90 percent of respondents were very or extremely satisfied with the iPhone's ability to entertain. "As an iPod, it's really good. The simplified navigation is awesome," one reader said.
Survey participants were slightly less pleased with the iPhone's performance as a phone, but even so 84 percent of respondents gave the device high marks on that aspect of its duties. The iPhone also earned widespread praise for its Web browsing abilities, which 83 percent of respondents found very or extremely satisfying.
In connection with its hardware and native software, the iPhone's lowest marks for satisfaction involved the camera (46 percent were highly satisfied) and the built-in widgets (62 percent were happy as clams).
What's not to like
The iPhone suffered its biggest negatives for the voice and data network it's married to--the AT&T system. A whopping 40 percent of our survey respondents expressed some level of dissatisfaction with the speed of AT&T's EDGE data network, which tops out at 200 kilobits per second and often performs at half that speed, according to Broadband Reports.
The voice quality of the iPhone on AT&T's network seems to be cutting into satisfaction with the iPhone experience, too: Among our poll respondents, only 61 percent rated themselves as very satisfied or extremely satisfied with the voice quality of the AT&T network, and even fewer characterized themselves as satisfied with the voice network coverage.
In our pool of respondents, 59 people (13 percent) said that they had experienced a "significant problem" with their iPhone--not an inconsiderable number, but not surprising for a first-generation device. One-third of those who had encountered problems complained about the battery, a quarter griped about the touch screen, 24 percent reported issues involving the Safari browser, and 24 percent had difficulties with other device software. (The total exceeds 100 percent because respondents were free to report more than one problem.)
"The browser crashes from time to time," one respondent said. "And less frequently, video playback crashes, too
What's missing
We asked iPhone owners what features Apple should add to the next generation of the device. Several of their suggestions echo observations that we and our colleagues at Macworld have made. Some note wryly that, so far, the iPhone can't replace every handheld device in the house. "It can't open my garage door, or change the TV channel, yet," one reader joked.
The iPhone's inability to perform basic editing tasks such as copying, cutting, and pasting irked some users. Others pointed to the phone's incapacity to handle voice dialing and its refusal to load third-party software. One iPhone owner wished for "true third-party applications (vs. Web-based applications) provided that they will not compromise stability or security."
Our poll respondents also took the opportunity to lambaste the phone for its lack of customization options--including custom ring tones--and for the absence of picture messaging, a to-do list, video recording, flash video support, and integrated instant messaging. One reader especially yearned for a way to change the widgets on the iPhone's home screen: "I don't care about Stocks or YouTube, but I do want to be able to turn Wi-Fi on or off in one click."
Several readers complained about the iPhone camera's not having zoom capability and said that the camera produced poor images in low light. Even more of them griped about battery life issues and the fact that users can't replace the battery themselves.
Lots of respondents called for support for a faster, 3G data network in the second-generation iPhone, along with more storage, a push e-mail capability, and wireless downloads of iTunes content. One owner asked for games designed for the phone and not dependent on an Internet connection--a valid point if you want to use your phone while traveling and don't have an available connection, or if you just don't want to play a game over a slow EDGE connection.
Many respondents wished for integrated GPS. One iPhone owner suggested that the iPhone should at least have "a basic cell tower-based GPS that integrates with Google Maps so it knows where I am when I search for services."
Another frequent gripe involved the phone's lack of PDA-like functions. Respondents would like to have wider address book support, Microsoft Exchange and Lotus Notes compatibility, and better contacts options.
Many users said that they take heart in knowing that some of the first-generation's iPhone's shortcomings may be addressed via software updates (the first update went out last week).
"Ninety-nine percent of the things that I would like to see are software: A well-balanced set of features that do everything that a PDA or regular phone would do--only better. That is what will define and, at the same time, make or break the iPhone," said one owner.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:41 AM   #204
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

"A little more than a month after the Apple iPhone went on sale, nearly 90 percent of iPhone owners who answered a PC World survey said that they love their almost-new toy."

from your post Gal, should read it before you post. people are very happy with it overall. bash all you want but people like different things.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:46 PM   #205
pwodack

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by test54 View Post
"A little more than a month after the Apple iPhone went on sale, nearly 90 percent of iPhone owners who answered a PC World survey said that they love their almost-new toy."

from your post Gal, should read it before you post. people are very happy with it overall. bash all you want but people like different things.

Agreed. Read in context, what the article leads one to conclude is that, considering the hyped-up advance expectations, the level of satisfaction reported by iPhone users for most of the categories is extremely high. The fact that there is a large "wish-list" for improvements to this first generation device is to be expected and doesn't change the overall satisfaction. I am a satisfied Blackberry owner and don't own an iPhone nor am I looking to own one. However, I look at the iPhone, and the choice and competiton that it brings to the industry, as a win-win that will lead to even better choices for the consumer in the near future.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:58 PM   #206
garys11
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: G3S
PIN: ASK ME!
Carrier: Vodafone

I had a iPhone for 3 days (I was one of those jerks that waited in line). I hated it. Sold it on eBay for $100 more, along with my 30gig iPod and upgraded to a 60gig iPod. The iPhone is too slow in every way. Apple should be ashamed of them selfs... Blackberry Rules this market
Old 09-03-2007, 10:47 PM   #207
Mikef1182
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm
Carrier: AT&T

I too purchased the iphone on the first day. I came from windows mobile, and was always used to hacking and ROM upgrading to make my phone be what I wanted. I also was used to constant resets and SLOW response (i don't care what wm people say, the OS is sluggish). I have also owned BB 7100i and 7290, and used a pearl for a month or so for testing at work and now own a Sprint 8830. With all of this said, I have come to these conclusions:

The iphone is quick and snappy! Mine personally has froze maybe twice, and thats running the ipod, browsing using wifi, and responding to email/texts all at the same time.

Its hands down the best phone for music and movies. No other phone can compare, IMO, with its MM capabilities. The screen is beautiful and movies look and play fantastic.

The text messaging is great! I love the threaded messaging.

The keyboard is fantastic. It took me about a week to master, but now I bang out texts and emails very quick. The built in spell check is very intuitive and useful for mistake button taps.

Emails look great on the iPhone too.

The whole touch interface is honestly really well done and easy to use.

Now the things I do not like in comparison to other devices:

My biggest grip and reason for picking up a 8830 as well as my iPhone is the "push" email you get with yahoo. It is first off, not real push, and second off works very intermittently. It works for a week, than I have to manually check for a week, than it works, than it doesnt. Very annoying. Please keep in mind this is only with "push" yahoo. My other pop account work 100% perfect.

My second biggest gripe is the lack of a accessible/useable file system. One thing I loved about WM was the file system. I could save files form emails, the internet, bluetooth, IR, you name it there was a way to get a file on my phone.

My third and not really such a big deal is the ringtone/system sounds limitations. Not being able to change my txt, email, and calendar tones just plan sucks. I mean my Nokia 8260 could do that, my $600 iPhone cant!

So in conclusion, I have the iphone as my personal phone and use a blackberry 8830 for my emails, and work line. Blackberry email is much better as far as function, much uglier, but as they say function over form.

As stated WM, Symbian, BB OS, and the iPhone all have their ups and downs. To pinhole a device, to me in stupid, as they all have thier faults. If it doesnt work for you, dont buy it, go get the phone that works for you and smile. In my case I wanted the email reliability of a BB and the media capabilities of the iPhone, so just I use both and smile!
Closed Thread