BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 10:18 AM   #1
cody
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: sprint
Default Do I have 2 calendars on my blackberry? It looks that way.

Please Login to Remove!

i have really been strugling with the blackberry calendar. i would like to organize it a little more with either categories or two different calendars. i have searched and search to find that this really isn't possible.

but then i stumbled onto this... while in my calendar, if i hit "options", i see an option called "Select Calendar. this then gives 3 options....

1. show all calendars.
2. [email address]
or
3. Desktop

i do have BES through ExchangeMyMail. it looks as if i can have a calendar with my BIS account as well. i cant figure out how to get any entries to sync to it.

i realize that only one can be synced wireless, which is NO Problem. the second callendar doesn't change that much. i just need to keep them seperated.

does anyone know how i can do this?

Thanks, Cody

update....

i can create an event in this second calendar from the blackberry that works great with the blackberry. when i select "show all calendars" the new event shows up. when i select "desktop" it goes away. and of course when i select "myname@sprint.blackberry.com" just the event i put in via blackberry shows up. just the way i like it.

now the only question is how to i manually sync this to one of my allready created calendars?

for example.... in outlook i have two calendars, "work" and "personal". i have the "work" calendar sync through the BES, but now want to get this "personal" calendar in to this second calendar.

thanks agian anyone who helps.

cody
Old 02-13-2008, 01:58 PM   #2
cody
Thumbs Must Hurt

nobody? anybody?
Old 02-13-2008, 08:19 PM   #3
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

I cannot find any method of having two calendars on a bb but you may be able to use a 3rd party app. The basic OS on the BB points to the calendar used by the BES or BIS but not both
Old 02-13-2008, 09:29 PM   #4
bnandreu
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

Welcome to OS 4.3. We have the ability but it's not live as BIS needs to be updated so that it will be pushed. But on your BB it will separate your calendars.

Last edited by bnandreu; 02-13-2008 at 09:30 PM..
Old 02-13-2008, 09:37 PM   #5
cody
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsac View Post
I cannot find any method of having two calendars on a bb but you may be able to use a 3rd party app. The basic OS on the BB points to the calendar used by the BES or BIS but not both
i have looked and looked. it seems that the calendar is one app that has NO 3rd party stuff. i am/was also looking for categories for the calendar.

windows mobile had so many calendar apps that i thought forsure that the professional world of bleackberry would at least have some calendar apps. i think i was wrong.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:38 PM   #6
cody
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnandreu View Post
Welcome to OS 4.3. We have the ability but it's not live as BIS needs to be updated so that it will be pushed. But on your BB it will separate your calendars.
ahhhh. so your thinking with a BIS update we will be able to push this second calendar. hmmmm. why would i need ExchangeMyMail for then.... hmmmm.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:39 PM   #7
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

In 4.3 O.S. each calendar is associated with an email. I have messed around with this for weeks but can't figure it out. I can sync two cal. from Outlok to the BB but not two cal. from the BB to Outlook.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:51 PM   #8
cody
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerog46 View Post
In 4.3 O.S. each calendar is associated with an email. I have messed around with this for weeks but can't figure it out. I can sync two cal. from Outlok to the BB but not two cal. from the BB to Outlook.
that's all i need. i just want to sync 2 calendars from outlook to the blackberry. this second calendar i will not be making any changes on. i just need to get it on the blackberry. i dont care about bb to outlook sync.

please tell me how to do this.

Thanks, cody
Old 02-13-2008, 10:06 PM   #9
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Click on folder list on the left side in Outlook, right click on calander, Then new folder, name it, type of folder calendar. Open up DM 4.3, go to sync, config. sync, Highlight calendar, Click on (I think advanced), bottom right, click on map folder at the top, find your calendar on the left then add to the right, and sync. Sorry so quick I'm at work. The only problem is this will be put into one calendar on the BB not two.

Last edited by zerog46; 02-13-2008 at 10:10 PM..
Old 02-13-2008, 10:17 PM   #10
cody
Thumbs Must Hurt

i tried this a couple of times. a few different ways. it just keeps combining them together. here is what is happening when i do what you said...

first it says "synchronization is unavailable for: calendar. because the app is set up for wireless sync.

even if i set wireless synce to "off before i hook the device to pc, it still wants to put the new calendar with the old. i have deleted the "personal Folders\Calendar" in the mapping as well. this leaves just the new calendar... "personal folders\calendar\work" (work is this new calendar that i am tring to sync to the blackberry.

i am in no big hurry. i really would like you to help me figure this out. take your time. when you have a minute, write down some better steps. the ones you wrote are pretty good, but they are the same things i have allready tried.

i do thank you agian, Cody
Old 02-13-2008, 11:55 PM   #11
tobyw
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnandreu View Post
Interesting - does this mean that some OTA syncing will be possible in the future do you think? Or is this to work with Unite? Or maybe it's just to allow more than one calendar synced via cable and I am guilty of wishful thinking!
Old 02-14-2008, 12:40 AM   #12
Redflea
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

RIM is testing the OTA/BIS syncing in Europe right now, so something may be coming, someday. Whether that will include usable multi-calendar support is an even deeper guess.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:18 AM   #13
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Check out BGR about the unite.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:02 AM   #14
tobyw
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerog46 View Post
Check out BGR about the unite.
Thanks for that. The BGR article says

Quote:
Rather than rely on a RIM server, Unite! allows users to install free software on a home PC and bypass RIM servers all together.
Is this correct? I would have assumed that Unite! would route stuff through the RIM NOC network to devices rather than a direct peer-to-peer connection.

Also, someone in the comments states that while Unite! was announced in Spain, it was not actually released.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:59 AM   #15
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Some more info. Like the 2 calendars on one device. Can't wait.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Unite!