BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 10-14-2008, 08:10 PM   #1
dietcoke
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: dCoke
Carrier: o2
Thumbs up Successfully Loaded Two Exchange Accounts on One Blackberry Connect Client (Phone)

Please Login to Remove!

I have successfully installed two bes email accounts on my HTC Diamond with blackberry connect.

What you need....
-2 bes servers connected to the same network or exchange.

Here is a quick summary of what I did.

My bes server is a virtual running with server 2003 with hyperv

1. Turned off bes server
2. Exported Vm in hyperv to new folder
3. Went into settings and detached network interface.
4. Renamed Virtual to BES2
5. Booted Up BES2
6. Took it off domain, and renamed it
7. Rebooted and then ran "newsid"
8. turned off bes services
9. attached network card
10. went into bes manager and changed srp identifer and key
11. Re-ran setup of bes and changed database to "localhost"
12. Started services
13. Went to blackberry config tool and checked everything that it worked.
14. MOST IMPORTANT STEP.... I opened up Sql 2005 Management Studio and opened up the besmgmt database, i then opened the userconfig table. I went to the section where it said "servicebook" and replaced "null" with "Account2" - or whatever you want.

Then go activate the first account on your blackberry connect.

You don't have to, but I went and did step 14 on the orginal server and named that service book "Account1"

After your diamond is activated... Go back and activate it again with the second address.

It should activate without issue, but you will lose your contacts, calendar, tasks, notes... I would sync the one you want with the extra data last......

Anyway, both emails should now work, and if you look in the services tab you will see the servicebooks you labled and it works!

Go ahead and go to the PIM tab, and go and check what you want synced... you will get warnings, just hit ok.

Go ahead and activate again with the account you want the calendar, contacts, notes and tasks...

then afterwards you will be all set.. and test away....

I had to do this because I work for a company that is actually two companies due to partnerships with much larger companies. Also, the bis has been very wonky lately...

hope this helps you... this is huge.

I will try this tomorrow with my blackberry users and see what happens.

Last edited by dietcoke; 10-14-2008 at 08:11 PM.. Reason: added more info
Old 10-15-2008, 08:03 PM   #2
dietcoke

changing the tables in the sql database is a no go... after server reboot they both went back to "desktop" for service books.

the only way is to change the service name through desktop manager.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:11 PM   #3
joeygator

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

So if I have a personally hosted BES subscription, and my company offers BES, I probably can't do this since I am not administrating either server?

Also, if there is a way, please let me know!

Good luck!
Old 10-17-2008, 08:04 PM   #4
dietcoke

you could... you have to change the service book name in the desktop manager and it works well. If you have a blackberry you get both calendars... otherwise on a ppc or a diamond you get the last synced account.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:57 PM   #5
joeygator

Any chance of getting step by step on that? I just want email from my company's corp BES and keep the rest on my own hosted BES.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:38 PM   #6
joeygator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietcoke View Post
you could... you have to change the service book name in the desktop manager and it works well. If you have a blackberry you get both calendars... otherwise on a ppc or a diamond you get the last synced account.
Are you out there somewhere? I would love some direct help on this if you would be willing to help. Please send me a message if you have the opportunity. Thanks...........Joe
Old 10-29-2008, 04:44 PM   #7
mobilegain

Model: none
Carrier: AT&T

I am very interested in this too. If someone has the step-by-step instructions for connecting to my work and home email (both on Exchange), I'd appreciate it. I don't have access to any special administrative rules. I just have user access on both.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:47 PM   #8
joeygator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilegain View Post
I am very interested in this too. If someone has the step-by-step instructions for connecting to my work and home email (both on Exchange), I'd appreciate it. I don't have access to any special administrative rules. I just have user access on both.
Dietcoke seems to be unavailable for now. There was once someone else who posted about it but I have been unable to get an answer. I just want to manage the emails from work and leave the rest on my own hosted exchange. And have my emails on my personal work the way they do now. Would be AWESOME!

Dietcoke, HELP!
Old 10-29-2008, 09:34 PM   #9
dietcoke

Cool

what up!

sorry I don't have a blackberry anymore and hardly come on here.

what are the questions?

here are the steps....
if you have two blackberry servers follow this...

1. on your first account, open desktop manager setup to that network bes server and go to account settings in desktop manager and rename the service from "desktop" to something else.
2. go and activate the second account and do the same process above so you can tell the two apart on your blackberry.

i believe bes, writes special attributes to the exchange mailbox, that you can only change through the desktop manager and not by manipulating the sql database.

i will check on here tomorrow morning for any questions.

I have this working on blackberries on a few pocket pc phones running wm6 and wm6.1
Old 10-29-2008, 10:39 PM   #10
joeygator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietcoke View Post
what up!

sorry I don't have a blackberry anymore and hardly come on here.

what are the questions?

here are the steps....
if you have two blackberry servers follow this...

1. on your first account, open desktop manager setup to that network bes server and go to account settings in desktop manager and rename the service from "desktop" to something else.
2. go and activate the second account and do the same process above so you can tell the two apart on your blackberry.

i believe bes, writes special attributes to the exchange mailbox, that you can only change through the desktop manager and not by manipulating the sql database.

i will check on here tomorrow morning for any questions.

I have this working on blackberries on a few pocket pc phones running wm6 and wm6.1
If I want to have the email for one account, and have all sync to the other account. Which one should be on first when I change the name? Also, do I have to change both names or is changing the first one only okay?
Old 10-30-2008, 07:55 PM   #11
dietcoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeygator View Post
If I want to have the email for one account, and have all sync to the other account. Which one should be on first when I change the name? Also, do I have to change both names or is changing the first one only okay?
Do you have admin access on both servers?

if you do, the one that you only want email, you should disable wireless sync of tasks, notes, contacts, etc... this can be done in pim sync on user options or through the it policy...

as per changing the name, i change both so i know exactly what I am sending from... if you only change one, you will have xxxxx and desktop.

You can have both account properly sync on a blackberry and click the menu in certain application and choose which account you want to look at, or both..

also you want to set default services in options the main account, so when you make new things, it defaults to that account.

hope this is helpful.