Old 04-18-2006, 09:29 PM   #41
aristobrat
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7130e
Carrier: VZW

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblackberrynyc
All mac users see here, and from IAA is excuses. No solutions.
Please finish your train of thought. Why is IAA not giving us a solution?
Old 04-19-2006, 10:06 AM   #42
cblackberrynyc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: at&t your world. Delivered.

Will that help the situation? Will answering stupid questions fix the fact that:

IAA Pocketmac has never had the best reputation for customer support?

IAA Pocketmac was a half-assed investment so that RIM could make mac sync claims?

The IAA made excuses on 1/23/06 are not only 4 months old now. The excuses dont hold too much water based on other mac app's which are able to continue to run under rosetta, other sync app makers seem to have made the transition, and lets not also forget that Pocketmac for Blackberry never implemented Bluetooth support, which would have given IAA and customers another option IF there was wide spread USB problems.

IAA has proven they dont work at the speed of business or we'd already have a patch. At this time they are not a good match for RIM, RIM should have done a quality mac solution in house. Am I going to be questioned on MO that RIM makes one of the worlds best smartphones? and that RIM works at the speed of business?

For someone willing to wait "six months" for a solution, is that 6 months from now? or 6 months from 1/23/06? Guess you have little need and dont rely on any of the Blackberry's smartphone functions. Other than email and a phone the Blackberry remains severely crippled and is not at all a good smartphone solution for Mac users at this time. This is all due to IAA PocketMac. The solution which RIM thought they were getting when sending IAA $$ has done nothing but confuse and distance the Blackberry as a option for Mac users can rely on.

Getting upset with what other posters put on to BlackberryForums is not going to make their opinions go away, and stopping the critics isn't going to get IAA moving any faster in putting out a patch so that RIM can save alittle face to business Mac users that bought on RIM's PR's that the Blackberry is a smartphone solution for Mac users.

I know if/when I leave Blackberry I will not be coming back. Wonder how many others now have also learned that RIM doesn't really support the Mac platform and current solutions are half-assed at best. Look around there are many other smartphone options which are getting better everyday which support the Mac platform. The shame is RIM can be losing market share over this that they will never get back.

Last edited by cblackberrynyc; 04-19-2006 at 10:11 AM..
Old 04-19-2006, 10:46 AM   #43
aristobrat

Model: 7130e
Carrier: VZW

For the record, I'm not the one getting upset in this thread. That'd be you.

I'm also not trying to stop the critics. I'm just trying to point out a logical explanation for why there isn't a patch for the old version, and why the new version seems to be taking forever.

I forgot that logic doesn't work with someone who's emotional about the matter. My apologies.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:55 AM   #44
cblackberrynyc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Why flame over this? Is this issue about me? or you for that matter? Someone needs to stop the finger pointing at fellow members and grow up. Do you think my past posts we're aimed at you? Do you think I am posting just to you? Do you want or need posters to post directly to you? I'd rather keep this as a forum to post about the mac and the blackberry as it was designed, not about how aristobrat feels about others posts.

A patch has been the way to go, waiting 4 plus months for a solution in business is not acceptable. Adding BT support IF there realy was wide spread Mac USB problems (which there is not) would be a easy patch. Fixing the IAA USB screwup would also be a quick and easy patch.

The real world issue stands the Blackberry at this time is NOT a valid solution for Mac users, all due to IAA PocketMac for Blackberry's lack of support. Which is making RIM look rather bad right now in the Mac community (like it or not).

Have you called RIM or IAA to talk about this? Oh I forgot getting IAA phone support is just about impossible.

We are talking about the RIM BlackBerry (Business smartphone) after all not the Sakar International Berry Device For Kids which comes in Straw, Blue, Grey and Grape flavors.

http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=2353

There is no excuse for 4 months and counting and still no valid Mac sync options.

Last edited by cblackberrynyc; 04-19-2006 at 11:16 AM..
Old 04-19-2006, 12:09 PM   #45
CanuckMakem

Model: 8100
PIN: 205DDA2C
Carrier: Rogers

There is a new firmware update for Intel Macs.... wonder if this will help? I doubt it but you can hope....

.... anyone updated yet... let us know. I'll do it when I get home.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:26 PM   #46
dmoffitt
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: T-Mobile

another new firmware? or the one released the same day (and that enabled) bootcamp?
Old 04-19-2006, 12:55 PM   #47
cblackberrynyc
Thumbs Must Hurt

I'm up to date and PocketMac for Blackberry still doesn't see the blackberry. The fix for PocketMac for Blackberry is going to have to come from IAA (or RIM if they want to get serious with Mac support)
Old 04-20-2006, 12:20 AM   #48
CanuckMakem

PIN: 205DDA2C
Carrier: Rogers

ITS HERE!!!!

http://www.pocketmac.net/versionxml/BlackBerry.html
Old 04-29-2006, 12:09 PM   #49
gsfprez

I am running a MacBook Pro, a BB 8700c, and i now have no problems running PocketMac 3.13. All of my contact, notes, todo's, and notes from all the Apple .apps seem to work just fine for me.

I am not able to use iSync at this time, but the icon in the menubar works, and the PocketMac app seems to do the trick.
here's the email from the PocketMac guys on how to fix a problem with your BlackBerry... i had to turn off wireless syncing and run the first app he linked to.

If you use BES BlackBerry Enterprise Wireless server in the office, please turn it off on the BlackBerry when syncing with the Mac. Generally, to turn off wireless synchronization, you get into the specific application (Address Book, Calendar, Tasks, or Memos), then click on the wheel and choose "Options", then scroll to the "Wireless Synchronization" option, and set that to "No" to turn it off and "Yes" to turn it back on. You then have to "Save" the setting.

Please download and run this cleaning program to clean out the sync history from both ~/Library/Application Support/PocketMac (Panther and Tiger) and ~/Library/Application Support/SyncServices (Tiger) and start fresh:
www . pocketmac . net / public / SyncClean . zip
peverything to a "first sync" state, which may help clear up any stale data that's in the way here.

Please restart your Mac after using SyncClean (to avoid "Merging local records with device" error). When syncing, if the Sync Services debug window comes up, you must click ALLOW. DO NOT check the box to delete data.

You may also download the following utility that will help you purge data from your BlackBerry. WARNING: This will delete ALL Calendars, ALL Contacts, ALL Notes, or ALL Tasks from your BlackBerry.
www . pocketmac . net / public / DataPurgeUI . zip
If you run DataPurge, run SyncClean as well.
Closed Thread