Old 07-26-2007, 06:30 PM   #1
greekstud1970

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: att
Exclamation Using Folder Sync

Please Login to Remove!

hello

i just spent the last 90 mins on the phone with RIM attempting to see why the folder sync was not working on any blackberry device thats attached to the BES. i just found out that the messages contained within the folders DO NOT get pulled down tot the blackberry device and would have to be filed manually. this is absolutley the craziest thing i have ever heard.

is there an application (3rd party) that has acheived this to where i can download the existing mail from my exchange server? perhaps PST to blackberry device? i am reaching far and wide on this one. any assistance would surley be greatful

John
Old 07-26-2007, 06:54 PM   #2
vawireless
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Bell

have you tried this for folder redirection:

- messsages folder
- options
- email settings
- BB button
- folder redirection
- select the folders you want to sync

this should resolve the issue
Old 07-26-2007, 07:33 PM   #3
EmptyInTheHead
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

You got some bad information from RIM. You have to select each folder on the BB that you want to sync and it syncs them. You might have problems if you have automatic rules in Exchange that move stuff to those folders though. The message is already sent to your BB before the Exchange rule is applied, so it will show up in the normal folder on the BB. If you move them manually in Outlook it will work fine.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:57 AM   #4
greekstud1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyInTheHead View Post
You got some bad information from RIM. You have to select each folder on the BB that you want to sync and it syncs them. You might have problems if you have automatic rules in Exchange that move stuff to those folders though. The message is already sent to your BB before the Exchange rule is applied, so it will show up in the normal folder on the BB. If you move them manually in Outlook it will work fine.
believe me i have walked through these aformentioned steps and still no population of messages in the subfolders.

i completed the follwoing tasks -
1. on the blackberry manager selected email settings, advanced and select folders. here i selected the folders i wanted sync tot he BB and then ran a syncronization from manager to BB
2. on the BES server i made the same changes to the account by selecting the needed folders
3. on the device itself, i made the aformentioned changes in order to populate the mail down.

i have also removed and added the user to the BES and did a Enterprise Activation.

if there is anything i am missing?

John
Old 07-27-2007, 10:06 AM   #5
EmptyInTheHead
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

I don't know that it will populate old messages in sync folders. Have you tried moving new messages to the sync folder?
Old 07-27-2007, 10:10 AM   #6
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekstud1970 View Post
believe me i have walked through these aformentioned steps and still no population of messages in the subfolders.

i completed the follwoing tasks -

1. on the blackberry manager selected email settings, advanced and select folders. here i selected the folders i wanted sync tot he BB and then ran a syncronization from manager to BB

2. on the BES server i made the same changes to the account by selecting the needed folders

3. on the device itself, i made the aformentioned changes in order to populate the mail down.

i have also removed and added the user to the BES and did a Enterprise Activation.
Redirection settings only apply to new email.

FYI email doesn't sync on any BB (certainly not via USB). Email does reconcile but reconciliation and sync, while similar, have some distinct differences. Reconciliation will not push old email to your BB for one thing.

Last edited by takeshi; 07-27-2007 at 10:16 AM..
Old 07-27-2007, 10:12 AM   #7
greekstud1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi View Post
Folder redirection only applies to BES. If you bother to think about it there's absolutely no way that BIS can know about folders that exist on your desktop email client. It only interacts with your POP server where the folders don't exist.

FYI email doesn't sync on any BB. Email does reconcile but reconcilaition and sync, while similar, have some distinct differences.
i am on BES
Old 07-27-2007, 10:13 AM   #8
greekstud1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyInTheHead View Post
I don't know that it will populate old messages in sync folders. Have you tried moving new messages to the sync folder?
i just tried that and go no where. this would be a great 3rd party app! but doesnt help me in the interim.

John
Closed Thread