Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 06:14 PM   #1
buckeyebee

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Cool Losing Album and Song Titles on mp3

Please Login to Remove!

Just got blackberry 8830 yesterday. Have moved MP3 media files from my laptop to media card two different ways (media manager and mass storage).

All of the MP3 files are functional on the blackberry, sounds just fine. kept the problem is that when I open up media manager and go to select a song, everything is the same! Every album is labeled "unknown album", and the songs are all labeled as "track 1, track 2," and so on.

Is there a way to transfer these files so that the media player recognizes this information when you use it?

Again, I am totally new to this model of unit. Is there oftware that runs on blackberry to manage this is better? Also, there is no adjustment of any type, no graphic equalizer, for example...just volume. As I understand it I'm actually using a version or Roxio.

Thanks, in advance, for anyone's help.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:57 PM   #2
duffin
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyebee View Post
Just got blackberry 8830 yesterday. Have moved MP3 media files from my laptop to media card two different ways (media manager and mass storage).

All of the MP3 files are functional on the blackberry, sounds just fine. kept the problem is that when I open up media manager and go to select a song, everything is the same! Every album is labeled "unknown album", and the songs are all labeled as "track 1, track 2," and so on.

Is there a way to transfer these files so that the media player recognizes this information when you use it?

Again, I am totally new to this model of unit. Is there oftware that runs on blackberry to manage this is better? Also, there is no adjustment of any type, no graphic equalizer, for example...just volume. As I understand it I'm actually using a version or Roxio.

Thanks, in advance, for anyone's help.
I am having the same issues with the Curve (8300).
Old 07-24-2007, 06:29 PM   #3
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830: BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

You are goinh through the process where the Roxio Media Manager reads the songs, before it goes to the main page and then copied down?
You have to do that step. When I have done all of the steps, and occassionally got an unknown on some songs, I typed them in manually within the media manager.
The issue is the step where the songs are read again by Roxio.

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 07-24-2007, 06:31 PM   #4
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830: BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Iam referring to the step right after you import the songs

LET'S GO CANES!
Closed Thread