Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 10:31 PM   #61
torifile
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsch
torifile, RIM doesn't current allow developers access to the categories on events or tasks. We'll check on the email issue.
That's a bummer about the categories thing. :\ The BB is this >< close to being a perfect converged device. It's not flashy, bling bling style like the pocket pc tries to be but it's loads more reliable. And my 8700 is actually a pretty darned good phone, too (way better than my Treo 650 was).

I hope you can work out the email thing - it's pretty annoying.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:31 AM   #62
mgerbasio
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

torifile,
Is it possible to set the category for an event (appointment) outside of PocketDay? I can't seem to find it.

I agree the 8700 is close, but you need PocketDay to get it close. I've replaced my PocektPC (except for GPS) now with the BB but it still is missing the ability to import files like word, excel, text and pdfs for viewing. Also it needs, at least for me, a word processor compatible file format with MS Word; I'm going to bite the bullet and get the dynoplex program.

Regards-Michael G.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:47 AM   #63
jubrand
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Chicago Traffic RSS Feed

Is anyone else having trouble with the RSS feed for Chicago Traffic that comes with Pocketday? I added it to my lists, and tried refreshing, but nothing comes up, not even the title of the feed. Other feeds are working fine.

EDIT: Seemed to be a problem with "manual" refresh. When I had it on manual, it wouldn't pop up, even when i did a refresh all. Now that I gave it a refresh interval, it's working fine.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:06 PM   #64
torifile
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgerbasio
torifile,
Is it possible to set the category for an event (appointment) outside of PocketDay? I can't seem to find it.
It doesn't look like it. (What's that about? No categories for appointments? Seems like an obvious omission...) But tasks at least can have category assignments when not created in PD.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:54 PM   #65
mgerbasio
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by torifile
It doesn't look like it. (What's that about? No categories for appointments? Seems like an obvious omission...) But tasks at least can have category assignments when not created in PD.
Yea, I can't figure out that one either. I only use catagories with appointments and contacts.

Regards-Michael G.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:07 PM   #66
auser
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703
Carrier: verizon
Default battery drain and other issues

I installed the version of PDP with the sports feeds. SOme bugs I've noticed and would like to know if anyone else is having similar issues. For the record I'm using Nextel's 7100i

1. Battery Drain- May battery doesn't last long at all, a few hours 6-7 hours.

2. Unable to set the Auto Refresh Times. I can set it, but the changes don't save when I exit the sports feed of the app. Therefor its constantly synching every 15 minutes. Which is why I suspect the problem with #1

3. When I try to set the Auto Refresh times to "00" I get and error and the appliccation closes. This may be by design? If so, kind of harsh way to close the app...
Old 12-26-2005, 12:20 PM   #67
torifile
Thumbs Must Hurt

Holy crap. What a terrible bug! I'm using 3.0 of Pocketday and when selecting "delete item" from the menu on a recurring event, you get no option to delete only that occurrence or the entire series. Of course, I only wanted to delete today's appointment (since I'm off today) and it deleted the entire series. Fan-freakin'-tastic. I'm not even sure it's a "bug" per se, but a serious omission. Shame.
Old 12-26-2005, 01:06 PM   #68
crs
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8800
Carrier: cingular

I wish that were a bug because then I could fix it. This is a limitation in the BB itself. RIM does not allow developers access to most of the recurring information and thus you see what can happen. I can only suggest that when you need to edit a recurring appointment you jump to the BB calendar app to do it. It's not elegant, but I am hopeful that RIM will correct this.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:23 AM   #69
torifile
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsch
I wish that were a bug because then I could fix it. This is a limitation in the BB itself. RIM does not allow developers access to most of the recurring information and thus you see what can happen. I can only suggest that when you need to edit a recurring appointment you jump to the BB calendar app to do it. It's not elegant, but I am hopeful that RIM will correct this.
Well, that stinks. What would be fantastic, then, would be some sort of notification that the change will affect all instances of the appointment or automatic launching of the calendar app when operations were to be done on a recurring appointment. It's little things like these that I shouldn't have to find out on my own that have kept me from purchasing PD. (BTW, I'm very appreciative that the developer is as responsive as he is - nice work, tirsch!)
Old 12-27-2005, 07:28 AM   #70
crs
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8800
Carrier: cingular

torifile,

We will put a warning in the next version. Thanks for pointing this out.

Happy Holidays from Cross River Systems LLC
Closed Thread