Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 09:40 AM   #61
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

Please Login to Remove!

He an angry dude that's for sure.... Sounds like one of the reps I spoke to on the phone.....
Old 05-10-2008, 10:07 AM   #62
ricpac
BBFAQ Sysop

Model: 9700
PIN: Alt+Shift+H
Carrier: GLOBE

Or a friend... Have you actually talked to bud666 on the phone? I guess not.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:27 PM   #63
rjw3000
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Charm
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietcoke View Post
it is a bad situation. But seriously, it is not really their fault. You got a bill for 400+ because of fat finger.

I am sure if you explain the situation really nicely and ask them if they could help with the bill. I am sure they could have taken some of it off.

But seriously... Where are they at fault?

It sucks that it happened but it is 100% user error.

Hope alltel works out for you.
I agree with you.

Lunk, from reading the post, I don't know what it was exactly you were asking of T-Mobile on the call. The charges removed? Reduced? Saying I screwed up and hoping T-Mo waives or reduces the charges? Did you go into the call expecting them to waive the charges because of being a long time customer or did you go into the call saying you brain farted and see what, if anything, they can do for you?
Old 05-11-2008, 07:21 AM   #64
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

The original call was to find out why my bill was so high... I had no clue it was a MyFav number mistake. Thats where it went downhill with a rude supervisor who got caught in a lie.

The 2nd call was so see what they could do. Again a rude supervisor who hung-up on me.

The 3rd call was to try and get a supervisor for the supervisors.

The 4th call was to terminate service

I never asked them for a credit, I never asked them to roll the my fav number back. I suggested they should, but never asked.

The problem is that when you call T-Mo you get a different rep... You ask for a supervisor and they refuse to transfer you until you explain the entire situation again. They then check to see if there is anything they can do...

The horror story is the way I was treated, hung up on, lied to ect....

If was really all that worried about the overage and if I was so broke I could not afford to pay it, then why did I cancel all 4 phones on the account and incur another $800 in EFT's.... It also cost me about 1K in new phone charges to signup with Alltel...

It was never about the money.....

See post #55 and that pretty much sums up what I got in terms of customer service...

Kris

Last edited by LunkHead; 05-11-2008 at 07:26 AM..
Old 05-11-2008, 07:34 AM   #65
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Lunk's experience is almost identical to the reason I left TMo, after 11 years of being a "loyal" business customer with several lines activated with them. Different details and circumstances, but similar treatment and beauracratic treatment from their CS reps.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:09 AM   #66
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

I never really had issue to call T-Mo during my 6 years with them... The only calls I made were to upgrade devices / phones...

They were always very nice and helpful when I was forking over more money to them and extending my contract....

The one time in 6 years I call them about an issue and I am treated exactly like the rep in post # 55 acted...

I was lied to, hung up on, transfered several times, and was told my account would be flagged because I was combative, and that I would not be allowed to call customer service. T-Mobile has the tapes of the conversation(s) along with my letter....

I have not heard a single word back, nor do I expect to as a now, former customer.... In the end, it's T-Mobiles loss... A long time customer who always paid his bill in advance, was never late and who always extended his contracts with device upgrades. (4 times a year I upgraded)...

As mentioned earlier in this thread, T-Mo has no problem signing up a dead beat then canceling their service for non payment after a month.... I guess T-Mo failed to look through my account and assumed I was trying to get free minutes or assumed that I needed a Fisher Price phone, because as the rep in post # 55 pointed out, I am a fool who was trying to rip T-Mobile off....

Their attitude was exactly the same as the rep in post #55... Everyone calling them is an idiot who is trying to rip them off..... Their solution?, hang up on you, belittle you, and tell you to get a Fisher Price phone....

Does Fisher Price make a BB????

Last edited by LunkHead; 05-11-2008 at 08:16 AM..
Old 05-23-2008, 09:48 PM   #67
dualsub2006
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Droid
PIN: Head
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaleX View Post
Its my understanding that you have to let the party know you are recording the call prior to the conversation instead of during.
No. As soon as you hear that notification during their welcome recording that "this call may be monitored or recorded" that is their implicit permission to allow you to record as well. Further, if you are in a single party state only one party to the call needs to know that it is being recorded. You know, so it is legal to record.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:56 PM   #68
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Yes it is.....

As long as one person in the conversation know it's being recorded it legal...

Now if the FBI wants to record you and I talking without them being present, then they would need a wire tap warrant...

Bottom line.... As long as one person present in the conversation knows it's being recorded, it's good-2-go.....

T-Mo hangs up because they are rude and don't want their pathetic responses on tape....

Kris
Old 05-23-2008, 10:16 PM   #69
dejapooh

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile

I am sorry you felt you got treated rudely. There were many ways to check your usage before your bill closes, online, at least 2 ways over the phone, call that voice system. I compare it to if you had a landline - it is doubtful qwest or sbc would give a credit.

Thats a hefty amount of money to refund.

I have to think there is more to the story as you went into the interaction recording the call. Which is unusual. Every carrier I've ever worked for demand their reps terminate the call when the party informs them they are recording.

I would think it is true with t-mobile too. So some of the hang ups were likely because you were recording.

In another, unrelated business I was in, I learned that the majority of time a person recorded a call it was because they were contemplating legal action. That does not sound like your case, but it usually IS the case.

As a previous rep, I think you get the best results being polite and knowing what you want. Finally after stating what you want, the rep will usually offer what they are able too. Then it is time to compromise between the two.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:28 PM   #70
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

All hang ups were because i was recording... They got caught in lie after lie, after lie.....

They hung up because they did not want further lies and BS caught on tape... I guess it's a good policy on T-Mo's part.... Keeps them from looking the fool...
Old 05-23-2008, 11:04 PM   #71
rachamphetamine
BBF Moderator

Model: --
PIN: E SOL
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendofbud666 View Post
You shouldn't have bought such a piece of phone. Tmo has a rule stating that if you tell them you are recording they will hang up.
So where on the T-Mobile website is it stated that when you call them, they can hang up on you because of recording? I don't recall ever hearing that in the automated woman's voice before...

Lunk, that really sucks about how you were treated and I'm sorry to hear that. The dollar-a-day payment plan is probably one of the most brilliant things I've heard in a while, no lie.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:27 PM   #72
sanchez69

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon

sprint is now the new verizon
Closed Thread