BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 02:55 PM   #1
flash24
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9930
PIN: 3319688F
Carrier: Verizon
Thumbs down This is how 10 day grace period work with T-Mobile...

Please Login to Remove!

I usually pay my cellphone bill on time, but this time since I have filed a dispute about an out of warranty charge..(charged me for water damaged, but the head jack was broken right when i got it out of the box) So Anyway, I told them that I'm not paying yet until I get the result from them about the dispute that I have filed. So now I can only recieve call/sms and no data . But when I had cingular before, sometimes when I need to use their 10 day grace period, my service never gets interrupted. Just sharing guys.. Have a great one!

Proud to Serve USAF
Old 10-29-2006, 02:57 PM   #2
jungleland

Model: BOLD
Carrier: At&t

10 day grace period???that's sick....I have never heard of less than 30 days...that being said, your reason for not paying now is not a valid one to place a full hold on your acct...you are still using the service, you should pay for what you are using...if you feel they owe you something, then under pay them that amount and explain that to them, pay everything else until resolved...
Old 10-29-2006, 03:03 PM   #3
flash24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleland
10 day grace period???that's sick....I have never heard of less than 30 days...that being said, your reason for not paying now is not a valid one to place a full hold on your acct...you are still using the service, you should pay for what you are using...if you feel they owe you something, then under pay them that amount and explain that to them, pay everything else until resolved...
they have been treating me like crap for the past month man.. I'm telling you, I love my 8700g and all but T-Mobile right now is giving me a lot of headache.

Proud to Serve USAF
Old 10-29-2006, 03:08 PM   #4
jungleland

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash24
they have been treating me like crap for the past month man.. I'm telling you, I love my 8700g and all but T-Mobile right now is giving me a lot of headache.

that may be true..but where's the justification for not paying the bill? if you don't like them, negotiate your way out of your contract (if you have one) and go to another carrier.
Old 10-29-2006, 03:14 PM   #5
flash24

Quote:
that may be true..but where's the justification for not paying the bill? if you don't like them, negotiate your way out of your contract (if you have one) and go to another carrier.
I didn't pay them yet because I have filed a dispute for that wrongful $100 out of warranty charge.

Proud to Serve USAF
Old 10-29-2006, 03:20 PM   #6
jungleland

Quote:
I didn't pay them yet because I have filed a dispute for that wrongful $100 out of warranty charge.

well, in that case, pay like normal until you find out what happens with the dispute, then go from there...but I would NOT pay the $100 charge....just pay your normal cell phone bill..they should be putting that $100 charge on the side (on hold) until the dispute is finalized...
Old 10-29-2006, 03:24 PM   #7
flash24

Quote:
well, in that case, pay like normal until you find out what happens with the dispute, then go from there...but I would NOT pay the $100 charge....just pay your normal cell phone bill..they should be putting that $100 charge on the side (on hold) until the dispute is finalized...
ok will do thanks!

Proud to Serve USAF
Old 10-29-2006, 03:44 PM   #8
jungleland

Quote:
ok will do thanks!

just make sure you put them on notice that you will not even consider paying that 100 dollar charge until the outcome of the dispute, but make it clear you will be paying for your service as normal..that way they can't say you are refusing to pay for your service (which would be in violation of your contract)..

if the dispute investigation/case ruling does not go your way, well, address that when it happens, don't worry about it now..everything is a negotiation...you can get whatever you want from most anyone..just need to know how to ask..
Old 10-29-2006, 06:11 PM   #9
flash24

Quote:
just make sure you put them on notice that you will not even consider paying that 100 dollar charge until the outcome of the dispute, but make it clear you will be paying for your service as normal..that way they can't say you are refusing to pay for your service (which would be in violation of your contract)..

if the dispute investigation/case ruling does not go your way, well, address that when it happens, don't worry about it now..everything is a negotiation...you can get whatever you want from most anyone..just need to know how to ask..

thanks bud!! Well, my BB is back up and running, I gave them a post dated check. But I will call them and tell them what you said. Thanks again!

Proud to Serve USAF
Closed Thread