BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 08:41 AM   #21
tbdiscovery
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint

Please Login to Remove!

Another example. I got my bill yesterday, and I'm being charged for text messaging (I have unlimited), charged for data (I have unlimited data) and long distance (the plan clearly states that long distance is included in my plan). They also agreed to split the bill into a few months for me because I bought 4 phones at once and the rebates won't kick in until next month - this bill is all inclusive.

They have been so bad that I feel forced to get a lawyer and I've never sued anyone.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:17 PM   #22
mister.zero
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650

My most successful strategy so far with Sprint and Blackberries is this:

"Mail the phone to me. I'll pay whatever, just send me the phone. I don't want to deal with any 'specials,' just the phone is all, please. No thank you, don't activate anything, don't adjust my plan. No, I don't need *power vision*Just send me the phone, please."

I open the box, call the very knowledgeable people at Sprint BB support (number posted above) and am happily about my business in less than an hour.

I've been with Sprint about 7 years as well. Never had a day of trouble from any phone or the network, but I avoid the CSR's at all costs. [Although the support by email folks have always been pretty good]

I guess I'll pick up an 8703 in a few weeks. I've put it off long enough.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:32 PM   #23
tbdiscovery

I just took the time to hunt down the e-mail addresses of some of the higher-ups. I explained every aspect. Let's see how much they care about this.
Old 12-09-2006, 06:04 PM   #24
newyowker
Thumbs Must Hurt

they charge $40 for the data plan which is ridiculous
Old 12-09-2006, 07:00 PM   #25
Lurs
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7130
Carrier: Alltel

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyowker
they charge $40 for the data plan which is ridiculous
Except for T-Mobile, everyone charges that or more for the BB data plan. I think Cingular has a $30 (BIS, no BES) option also. As to getting the icons and the Internet to work, you have to have a data plan (preferably the BB data plan); the service books are sent to your phone from the BB server.
Old 12-10-2006, 01:41 PM   #26
southwestcomm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Many

You call also call 866.275.1072 for BB support.

And yes, the $40.00 plan is required. If you don't want to pay for BB service get a Treo - and have fun with all the OS issues....
Old 12-11-2006, 09:55 AM   #27
tbdiscovery

I received an e-mail reply from Gary Forsee's address. Even with his supposed reply, and a followup from customer care, it is still condescending and bs. I hate this.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:57 AM   #28
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

** Moved to Rants and Raves **
Old 12-16-2006, 10:11 AM   #29
laniertom

Default Sprint BB clarifications

I work with Sprint in the INdirect channel operating retail stores. Yes, there are issues with cust care and information being correct. Some clarifications...

You do need the BB email $39.99/mo on a blackberry Device. THis is all about the same from all carriers. THis allows you to use the bb (rim email client) and get web access.

With sprint, make sure they include PAM (phone as modem). It's included free with sprint and allows you to use your EVDO device as phone as modem either using wired tether or bluetooth.

You do not need vision plan with a blackberry!

The info above to provision is good information, do it when you activate unit!

Hopefully this helps.

ps.. I've been in wireless for some time, very extensive in Nextel. the sprint network is great and the evdo blackberries now out are unbelievable! I am confident that Sprint will overcome the CS issues and back end issues and become the company that nextel was. Im frustrated, as well as my employees and customers, but I know it will get there. I'm enduring the pain in the meantime!
Closed Thread