Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 07:47 AM   #1
audit
Whoever

Model: xxxx
Carrier: AT&T
Default MicroSD Card locks up trackball

Please Login to Remove!

So last night I put in a 1GB SD card since my son decided he needed the 2GB card that came with my 8800 and after powering it back on, the trackball is frozen, I can click on it but it won't move around the screen. I double checked to make sure it was in correctly and it was.

Has anyone heard or seen this before? It's a ScanDisk card and I didn't have the chance to put in my 2GB card to try. My son's gone for the next week for a school activity so I won't be able to get the card from him to try it.

Win or Lose... Everyone Has Their Fight
Old 10-04-2007, 08:12 AM   #2
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Does it work with the 1GB card out?
Old 10-04-2007, 08:18 AM   #3
audit
Whoever

Yea it works without the card. What was interesting is when I put the card in, it worked for about 10 minutes and then I did a battery pull after installing a new theme and then it quit working. I pulled the card out and it worked. So I did a hard reset and after putting the card back in, It locks up again.

So now it's configured out of the box with no third party apps on it and the card locks it up.

Old 10-04-2007, 02:15 PM   #4
jpom
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
Carrier: Rogers

So far I have found that if I reset or pull the batt on my 8800 with the card in I need to wait for the unit to come back up, at which point I have the same problem where the track ball will not move but will click. THen I use the alt-shift-del command to reset the blackberry again, when it comes back up the track ball is fine but the SD card will be unavailable in all programs (audio/video player, etc will not see it). So I have to remove the SD card until the "SD card Removed" message pops up on the screen and then put it back in and the "SD card found" message pops up, then everything is back to normal.

So essentially everytime I do a reset I have to actaully do two, then remove the card and then put it back in, it's a pain but luckily I don't have to reset often.

I have never tried anything except a sandisk 2GB card but I have a few of them and it is the same with all of them. Don't know why it happens but I've had this problem since day 1.

Last edited by jpom; 10-04-2007 at 02:17 PM..
Old 10-04-2007, 02:20 PM   #5
audit
Whoever

Well here's a update, I put the card in the adapter and tossed it in the computer and formated it, I then put it in the 8800 and it booted up just fine and the trackball worked, so I went to Media Card and checked to see if it was there, it showed up just fine, so I plugged my BB into the computer and the storage device showed up with all the folders created under it. I was then able to use the Media Manager to copy all the songs/pictures/ring tones/etc to it.

Now I'm just waiting for my other 2GB Scandisk cards to arrive and I'll put one of those in and try it. When I put the card in the first time, I formated it on the BB, this time around I didn't so I'm thinking that had something to do with it.

Old 10-04-2007, 03:35 PM   #6
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830: BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I had a similar problem which was exacerbated when I tried to work with the card from within the device.
I have since replaced the card and have had no issues when working through the DM. By the way, I use 2GB Sandisk.
You may need to look at doing an exchange of card as a starter.

LET'S GO CANES!
Closed Thread