Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 01:17 PM   #1
gizmoguy

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VZW
Default deleted lotus notes calendar events reappear after cable sync

Please Login to Remove!

I looked around but didn't see anyone having this issue.

So my company just got blackberry Curves, the users sync all wireless except for calendars which they sync via usb cable. The calendars are shared with the BB user's admins and set as a 2-way sync and the conflict resolution has Lotus Notes winning over device.

The issue I'm getting is that there are events they (the admins) have deleted. After the BB is sync'd the deleted events re-appear in the Lotus Notes calendar. What I've done as a workaround is to have the BB sync again, then tell the admin to delete the events then tell the BB user to re-sync a 2nd time which does not bring back the deleted events until a few weeks later or so but different deleted events.

I've also done a 1 way sync (Notes to device) and select replace all data in the target application. hoping that will get rid of any deleted events then reset back to 2-way sync only to have the delete events re-appear later on.

Thanks for any input to solve this.
Giz
Old 07-31-2008, 03:52 PM   #2
gizmoguy

more..
The BB user's admin creates, deletes, updates or moves calender events on a daily basis within Lotus Notes Cal. The BB user will then cable sync when they are back in the office. It's setup as 2-way sync. I'm assuming that with all the changes done on Lotus Notes (which is set to win over the device) will overwrite/delete the old entries that are on the BB calendar. Now any new entries that are made on the BB calendar do show up on Lotus Notes fine.

It's only when enteries the admin has deleted in Lotus Notes calendar that the BB does not remove on the BB Calendar but adds it back into the Lotus Notes calendar.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:42 AM   #3
gizmoguy

Ok I found out where these reappearing calendar events came from. The entries came from the BB's personal Lotus Notes calendar. For some reason the sync would go to the personal calendar and not the 2nd shared one. I've since cleared out the VP's calendar and monitoring should that get re-populated.
Closed Thread