BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 09:33 AM   #1
mayfox

Model: 9900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: MTN
Angry Gmail: Grouped mail cannot be deleted even after Delete Prior...

Please Login to Remove!

On Gmail, BB 9900 seems to have problems syncing with Gmail.

I used two messaging folders. The default BB Messages folders is where my yahoo mail accounts go. I then hide all the yahoo mail icons.

Then I separated my GMail account not to appear in the default Message folder. So now i have two mail folder icons - the default folder and the gmail icon/folder.

Oftentimes, when I try to Delete Prior Emails in my gmail account, one or two mails remain and cannot be deleted. The one with blue down arrow on the left side.

I noticed also that it is always the "group" message (where all messages under the original thread is grouped) that is the culprit.

I tried to go to View Folders and discover the "undeletable" mails under [Gmail]/Important. I tried to delete from there but it won't delete.

Any help please?
Old 01-29-2012, 11:52 AM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: Gmail: Grouped mail cannot be deleted even after Delete Prior...

some info links

KB21307-Email messages are not deleted from the BlackBerry smartphone when the On Mailbox & Handheld option is selected for a Gmail integration 0 2008276291

KB28753-Deleting email from the BlackBerry smartphone for an integrated Gmail address results in the message not being removed from the Gmail.com inbox and eventually is downloaded again as a new message 0 2008276291
Old 01-30-2012, 02:46 AM   #3
mayfox

Model: 9900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: MTN

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayfox View Post
On Gmail, BB 9900 seems to have problems syncing with Gmail.

I used two messaging folders. The default BB Messages folders is where my yahoo mail accounts go. I then hide all the yahoo mail icons.

Then I separated my GMail account not to appear in the default Message folder. So now i have two mail folder icons - the default folder and the gmail icon/folder.

Oftentimes, when I try to Delete Prior Emails in my gmail account, one or two mails remain and cannot be deleted. The one with blue down arrow on the left side.

I noticed also that it is always the "group" message (where all messages under the original thread is grouped) that is the culprit.

I tried to go to View Folders and discover the "undeletable" mails under [Gmail]/Important. I tried to delete from there but it won't delete.

Any help please?
I did not integrate gmail in bb. Even deleted the gmail plugin.
But I noticed that the hung email is usually caused by a grouped threaded messages. I choose the option to group messages on same thread or subject.

My temp solution was to change the timezone and force reboot.

Then change back to my timezone. This completes the wipeout og the persistent mail.

For permanent solution, I ungroup my messages and make them appear individual entries.

So far, no more hanging email wheb I delete all prior mails.

Hope this work with others.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Closed Thread