Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 03:26 PM   #21
zero7404
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9530
PIN: n/a
Carrier: tmob

Please Login to Remove!

mine just arrived today. very neat looking and i like that the silicon is thicker than the oem bb case. but i have a problem: it appears as though the case is putting pressure on the phone, the screen and 4 buttons at the bottom are initially unresponsive, i must press them 3 or 4 times before the screen wakes back up. unsure if anyone else is experiencing this issue ? i also have the zagg invisible shield installed on the entire phone. maybe it's tackieness and thickness may be causing a problem when the case is used on top of it....

UPDATE: it appears to have been the invisible shield...just pulled it off, wiped clean then reinstalled the silicrylic case and the problem went away....

Last edited by zero7404; 05-14-2009 at 04:03 PM..
Old 05-14-2009, 03:36 PM   #22
DaBlackberryBoy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9850
PIN: URADUMAS
Carrier: Verizon

Fortte - I like the glove case for the 9000 series
Leather PDA cases, PDA case - Stylish Elegant Functional leather PDA cases and handheld cases by Fortte.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:13 PM   #23
Robert_K
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A

Otter Box is about to come out with a new case that is smaller and much easier to holster soon. Anyone else at WES get to take a look at it?
Old 05-18-2009, 11:52 AM   #24
jackperdue

Question for the Seidio people. I got the Storm and immediately began the search for a case. I found the Incipio and like it, then decided I'd like to have a holster since it is a bit big for the pocket. Walla, then see the Seidio combo case and holster. So, without having to purchase the case (again) will the Seidio holster fit the Storm with the Incipio case? The two cases look to be about the same size and I wasn't sure how much tolerance the Seidio holster allows. Thanks, Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
Sleepsafe,

I'm sorry you're having problems with your combo. The holster should hold your Innocase very securely, so if it isn't you must have a defective one.
Thanks,
Old 05-19-2009, 07:58 AM   #25
WMedley
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMedley View Post
How Sturdy does it feel? I got the Verizon leather flip holster, and liked it, but the belt clip on it broke so i'm in the market for a new case. I have been looking at the Seidio case and holster just for the fact that they have a cradle that won't require removing the case.
I went ahead and bought the Seidio case/belt clip and the charging station. I love them. The case doesn't add any bulk to the storm, and the belt clip works great. Lets just see how durable the belt clip is.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:24 AM   #26
david9962000

Model: 9360
Carrier: at&t

How about this: SENA CASES :: BLACKBERRY STORM 9530 ULTRASLIM POUCH
Old 05-19-2009, 10:48 AM   #27
rileyrg
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
PIN: 20cbbd8e
Carrier: Vodafone Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by david9962000 View Post
Pretty useless I would think. They offer no "crash" protection, are not waterproof and are liable to be dropped/lost when you remove the BB to make a call. Sure, they look nice. But they are not a case. They are more a fashion statement.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:16 PM   #28
zero7404

PIN: n/a
Carrier: tmob

i bought the silicrylic case directly from incipio, been in touch with them about the issue i mentioned previously. they said they are aware and the case is being redesigned...they said i will get a new one in the mail as soon as they get them (about 4 weeks), so now i'll have 2 because they don't want the old case back....

hopefully the newer one would have alleviated this pressure problem, because it's a really nice case, double the silicon thickness over the standard oem silicon jacket....
Old 05-20-2009, 11:10 AM   #29
rileyrg
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
PIN: 20cbbd8e
Carrier: Vodafone Germany

I see the new Seido innocase is due. But .. again limited use. It's not even slightly waterproof.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:47 PM   #30
sleepsafe

Model: 8830

Quote:
Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
Sleepsafe,

I'm sorry you're having problems with your combo. The holster should hold your Innocase very securely, so if it isn't you must have a defective one. Please email your contact and original order information to [email address] and I'll make sure you receive a replacement.

Thanks,
Sent you a copy of the receipt and my contact information. I referenced this thread.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:51 PM   #31
unclemetz

I just got the Innocase Surface II with the compatible holster and bedside stand. In general, I am very happy with the "system". I really like the feel of my Storm with the case on (no surprise there). It does snap securely in the holster pretty easily. There is a little strip of rubber on the inside of the latch arm that helps the latch grip on the phone and prevent slippage. Sometimes this can slow down the process of removing my phone from the holster, but I'd rather this than accidental fall outs.

A couple issues I had/have with this setup:

- Sometimes getting the phone (with case) slid into the bedside stand can be a challenge...especially in the dark. My previous chrome bedside stand for a naked Storm was easy to dock, and I could do that blindfolded. Maybe it just will take practice, but for now it is a little frustrating.

- If you have made some screen clickability adjustments with the torex wrench (as discussed in other threads on this forum), you might have to readjust again for things to work with this case. I had adjusted my screen to my liking, but when I put the case on, the screen no longer clicked. I emailed Seidio tech support and, to their credit, they responded very quickly. The solution was to tighten the screen back up a little. I did, and that allowed the screen to be clickable in the case. It wasn't my "ideal" click-feel, but I have gotten used to it pretty quickly.

- Last one...and this is minor. The holster latch arm had a slightly sharp edge on top, maybe some residual molding flash. It was scratching the underside of forearm, so I just took a file to it and now it is no problem.

All said, I have no regrets for buying this system. My Storm is safer and feels better in my hand. And with OS .148, let's hope the need for battery pulls are minimal (or can at least be handled by QuickPull). Oh, and I really love the look of the case.

Hope this helps anyone considering this system.
Closed Thread