Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 04:43 PM   #41
Chiba
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700r

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneToronto
Ok.. fortte is bneing proactive about this, it seems..

Out of nowhere I recieved a call from fortte today asking me if I used an extended battery and suggesting that I get a non-elasticized case if I don't.

I am a little disapointed that my case hasn't been sent to production in the week since I ordered it, but it's nice that they are aware of this issue and are addressing it.

There is no charge for this "upgrade"
They called me as well this morning and upgraded me to the all leather version, It's like flying standby and getting bumped up to first class
I ordered it on march 30th so hopefully I’ll get mine soon..

Chiba
Old 04-11-2006, 06:34 PM   #42
gadgetjunkies
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8820
PIN: Depends which BB I am using
Carrier: AT&T

It's been 10 days since my original post on the Fortte case and me notifying Fortte of the problem. According to my UPS tracking number my replacement case is to arrive tomorrow. I'll post once I receive it and let you all know how the fit is. I have the Seidio coming that I will probably end up using most of the time. I'm very happy with the service I've received from Salo and Peter, however, I will say that I'm a little disappointed in the time it has taken to get the replacement.

Last edited by gadgetjunkies; 04-11-2006 at 06:39 PM..
Old 04-11-2006, 06:39 PM   #43
flintridge

Model: 8700c

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinV10
Why not just get the OEM blackberry one then?
A few reasons: (1) The OEM leather case is a flap style rather than open top holster, which is what I prefer; (2) although the 8700 will fit in the older OEM cases (like the nice leather one I currently have) the sleeper magnet is not positioned in the right place and won't trigger the holster mode; (3) you can get the STi in the slimmer fixed clip - the OEM only comes with the bulky ratcheting clip.

Also, I can confirm there is no extra charge for the all-leather version. I got an email from Salo (in response to my order email) confirming that.
Old 04-11-2006, 07:02 PM   #44
mikester
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Rogers

I got called today as well. I did agreed to all leather. Hope that the leather doesn't get loose in time.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:12 PM   #45
gadgetjunkies

Got the replacement Fortte case this afternoon. See pics below. It definitely has a tighter fit. As you can see from the side the elastic looks about the same. From the bottom it leaves a little more of the corners exposed but not as much elastic. I will use this for awhile to see how the elastic holds up. As some have reported I too was hoping to get the all leather case w/o the elastic but this seems to be very well made and should do the job. Thanks to Salo, Peter and the folks at Fortte for their excellent customer service. The old case is on it's way back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img_0664 (2).jpg
Views:	66
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	2603   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0666.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	2604  

Last edited by gadgetjunkies; 04-12-2006 at 01:33 PM..
Old 04-12-2006, 05:21 PM   #46
Meatbag
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700

I have to say I'm pretty damn impressed by Fortte. I just got an email today about them proactively sending me a new replacement Vertical Pouch just in case I was having issues with my current one (not being tight enough). It's incredible if you ask me, that a company not only stands by their product like this but they also proactively take matters in their own hands and reach out to customers that might not even have a problem.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:25 PM   #47
chrisnol
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatbag
I have to say I'm pretty damn impressed by Fortte. I just got an email today about them proactively sending me a new replacement Vertical Pouch just in case I was having issues with my current one (not being tight enough). It's incredible if you ask me, that a company not only stands by their product like this but they also proactively take matters in their own hands and reach out to customers that might not even have a problem.
I agree. Pretty unbelievable. They have a customer for life with me.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:10 PM   #48
rudy_ca2mp

Carrier: Rogers Wireless

You recently purchased/ordered a Vertical STi Pouch from our company and we wish to inform you that some people have expressed their concern as to the tightness, or lack thereof, on the Blackberry 8700c/r.

We are committed to customer satisfaction, and for that reason we are offering a free replacement of the Vertical STi Pouch you received (with elastic on the sides) to a similar case but without the elastic. We will continue to sell the Vetical STi Pouch with elastic for those customers that have the extended battery. If you use the extended battery, this offer would not apply to you.

To obtain a brand new case (similar to the one you have ordered) but without the elastic on the sides, please visit the link below before 04/25, complete all the information that is requested and we will ship you a new case in about 3 to 4 weeks.

Thank you again for your trust. We are committed to produce the best possible solution and we stand by our product!

Customer Service - www.fortte.com
Please contact [email address] if you have any questions.

Just wanted to share my excellent experience with the folks at Fortte. I am very impressed and would like to thank everyone there. Especially Salo and Monica.
Well, time to get more from them. That's for sure! They get my full recommendations.
Since I work in politics, my referals of this company shall begin...
Old 04-15-2006, 05:43 AM   #49
The Truth
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Ill cosign on the above posts regarding Fortte's customer service. I too recieved the email for the replacement pouch. And as Chrisnol put it ... they have a customer for life.

I ordered my case before they offered the different clip options and with this replacement coming along, I emailed Salo to see if I can also get the fixed clip with that replacement and literally within minutes he emailed me back and said he would definately make the case to my specifications.

Because of their outstanding product and their equally amazing service I am purchasing another STi case of a different color.

Thanks to Salo & Fortte
Old 04-15-2006, 05:52 AM   #50
EricaJ1074
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7105t

They are wonderful. I am awaiting the arrival of my first open face case for my 7105t and if I like it enough (Salo is having a screen protector built into mine to protect the screen), I will order a second case for my 7100t.
Old 04-15-2006, 02:51 PM   #51
p3ozman

Carrier: At&T

I ordered a Fortte case 2 weeks ago. Si nce I wanted a blue leather case, it is going to take a few weeks. Last week I got a call from Fortte, they wanted to make sure I was not using an extended life battery. Now that is great customer service!!!
Old 04-20-2006, 05:59 AM   #52
BBmertz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetjunkies
Got the replacement Fortte case this afternoon. See pics below. It definitely has a tighter fit. As you can see from the side the elastic looks about the same. From the bottom it leaves a little more of the corners exposed but not as much elastic. I will use this for awhile to see how the elastic holds up. As some have reported I too was hoping to get the all leather case w/o the elastic but this seems to be very well made and should do the job. Thanks to Salo, Peter and the folks at Fortte for their excellent customer service. The old case is on it's way back.

I received the same redesigned elastic STi case on April 17. The case is a good tight fit for the 8700c with the regular battery, and also stretches to accomodate the extended battery. The ratcheting clip does make the Blackberry stick out a bit further away from my belt and is more difficult to remove, but I stll like it better than the swivel clip since it does not stick up as much above the belt line.

I also received the proactive email from Fortte offering to exchange this case for an all-leather version. I still plan to keep the elastic case since I often switch between batteries. Regardless, I am very impressed with Fortte's superb level of customer service, which included prompt responses to my questions directly from Salo.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:31 PM   #53
BBNate

Default New STi

Just got the Fortte STi all-leather case with fixed clip in mahogany today - been waiting almost a month, but it was worth it. I placed the order before they started the proactive calling on orders of the elastic STi and customized mine to be all-leather since I use the regular slim battery. However, after I placed my order I still got a confirmation call from Fortte verifying which battery I use. The order took longer to fill and ship than I expected, but upon my status checks with Fortte they always got back to me quickly. Excellent customer service, as has been said by many.

The leather used is high-quality, of good thickness and has that nice leather smell. The fit of the all-leather version (for regular slim battery) is perfect right now and shouldn't have the loosening problem like the elastic sided version - it's not too tight or loose enough for the BB to slide around. The lining is well-attached to the leather and will do well to protect the BB shell. The sleeper magnet is placed well and the case just looks damn good. It offers ample protection of the BB, but I'll be putting on a full-body skin and eGrips soon.

I'm very pleased with the STi product and Fortte's service. I'll be ordering a black STi case soon. Also, I got the fixed clip since I don't care to rotate the case - it offers a slim profile and hugs my belt...no fears of the case popping off my belt. The STi case in general is low-profile, unlike the OEM leather case and it's very easy to pull the BB from the case, but still gives you a sense of security that you could do jumping jacks or a handstand and the BB will not move in the case.

Bravo Fortte!!!
Old 06-13-2006, 12:25 AM   #54
yustonuser
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Default To those with the STi

Folks - I am about to order this case and am trying to decide between the STi and the STiL. I really like the idea of the open top without a flap, but wondered if anyone, after a few months, have noticed it falling out by accident.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:35 AM   #55
EricaJ1074
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7105t

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=32692

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=35660

Here are reviews on the STi and the STiL.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:40 AM   #56
yustonuser
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thanks Erica - I read all reviews. What I wanted to know was, after using for a while, can the BB slip out using the STi case? I see folks seem to feel that the little button flap can help, but do users of the STi really see it loosening up and falling out?
Old 06-13-2006, 12:45 AM   #57
gadgetjunkies

Quote:
Originally Posted by yustonuser
Thanks Erica - I read all reviews. What I wanted to know was, after using for a while, can the BB slip out using the STi case? I see folks seem to feel that the little button flap can help, but do users of the STi really see it loosening up and falling out?
Nope. Still a good tight fit.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:18 AM   #58
davemayo

I purchased a Fortte 8700 case back in April. I was happy with the quality and fit of the case, but it was too big for my taste. So, I emailed them within the 30 day return period and asked for a return authorization code. I have received zero response from them, despite sending a second email asking for the code. Buyer beware!
Old 06-13-2006, 01:58 AM   #59
gadgetjunkies

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemayo
I purchased a Fortte 8700 case back in April. I was happy with the quality and fit of the case, but it was too big for my taste. So, I emailed them within the 30 day return period and asked for a return authorization code. I have received zero response from them, despite sending a second email asking for the code. Buyer beware!
Look back in this thread for Salo's email and contact him. He has always been responsive.
Old 06-13-2006, 02:47 AM   #60
Salo Rechtszaid

Model: 8700
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemayo
I will be glad to help you. Just e-mail me directly at [email address].
Please send me copies of the e-mails you sent us to investigate why was there no answer.
Closed Thread