Old 02-16-2005, 12:28 AM   #101
snmakf9

Model: 8100
Carrier: ATT
Default Re: Another Another Warning...

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk1151
If you install the 4.0 Desktop software on Windows XP and recieve a 1720 error and the installation cannot continue, here is the doc on how to resolve the issue.

PS: Here is Windows Script 5.6 for Windows XP/2000

I have a need to install on an older Win 98SE laptop. After I removed 3.8 and tried to install 4.0, I kept getting the 1720 error. I attempted a few other downloads, installing in safe mode, etc., but nothing works.

Any suggestions?
Old 02-16-2005, 01:43 PM   #102
eman123

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtar
After completing the desktop manager and software handheld upgrades, if you receive an error while accessing your Instant Messaging application, please follow these steps: a) Go into Tools, Settings, and Service Book b) Highlight T-Mobile USA IM Client Application and choose delete from the menu. c) Go back to settings and select Applications d) Highlight the Instant Messaging Application and choose delete from the menu e) Restart your device - the device may prompt you for this step f) Go into Tools, Settings, Host Routing Table g) Choose Register Now from the menu h) A new Instant Messaging application will download over the air. You will know this process is complete when you see the IM icon re-appear on your main screen.
yo, just wanted to thank you for the info! saved me from waiting on hold for T-Mobile. PROPS!
Old 02-16-2005, 07:43 PM   #103
TheMatrix
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100t
Carrier: T-Mobile

I just loaded 4.0 on my 7100t, loaded VeriChat, and noticed "Connecting to PC..." or something like that was endlessly displaying, so I did a hard reset. Now all I get is an hour glass.

What do I do?
Old 02-19-2005, 02:42 AM   #104
betabob
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: t-mobile

The volume from my bluetooth headset (Motorola HS810) has been reduced significantly after I upgraded to 4.0. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Old 02-19-2005, 12:24 PM   #105
pharma1
Thumbs Must Hurt

I noticed a big drop in the volume of my Bluetooth headset after upgrading to the new software. But after using it for a few days I realized that it is also much crisper and people are easier to hear on my HS810.
Old 02-19-2005, 12:33 PM   #106
pharma1
Thumbs Must Hurt

I noticed a big drop in the volume of my Bluetooth headset after upgrading to the new software. But after using it for a few days I realized that it is also much crisper and people are easier to hear on my HS810.
Old 02-19-2005, 01:58 PM   #107
betabob
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: t-mobile

It might be crisper than before, but the volume drop makes my HS810 pretty unusable in noisy places such as airports. I hope Blackberry puts out another software release soon to fix this problem.
Old 02-19-2005, 08:40 PM   #108
samrung

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by lestat832
HELP! After installing the updates for both the desktop and OS, my phone does not work anymore. I cant call out or call in. I cant even type in the numbers to call. Funny thing is that my email and SMS works. Any suggestions?
*slaps forehead*

Go to Application Loader. Check ALL boxes. Go through the install. You forgot to install the Phone module.
The same thing happened to me - I didn't realize that I had to check it since everything else seemed to be checked.

Anyway, did you notice that without the phone module, you could use the keypad to hotkey the different menu selections (e.g., L for Calendar, A for Address Book, M for messages, etc.).

When I reloaded the phone module, I couldn't do this anymore. I am using the list profile, so this was obvious as there is a little space after the hotkey letter in the menu text. In the icon profile, the hotkey letter is underlined.

I'm hoping that this actually a new feature that can be enabled with the phone module in and that I just haven't found it. Anyone verify?
Old 02-21-2005, 01:32 PM   #109
attyhal
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon
Default OS 4

A few observations:

1. after loading the new os, I still could not open jpeg's and gif's, but somehow I now can. Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I deleted the IM app. After it reloaded (OTA?), I could open pictures, albeit slowly.

2. Reboot after removing the battery is way too slow!!!

3. I have noticed a difference in the volume (it's considerably lower) on my HS 820. I have not noticed a difference in voice quality, though.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:06 AM   #110
decepticon

Screw this

Ive read every link, every post and every forum and the thing still doesnt work as it did before. Ive wasted DAYS trying to figure out my problems, nothing is working. V3.8 worked fine for me. The v4.0 just isnt going well. Calculator, jpeg attachments, bla bla bla, it all worked before, so if it aint broke, dont fix it. When they get some serious patches i might consider not throwing the device off of a cliff with the v4 installed.(for my device anyways, for all of you whome have had good luckso far........ *gives finger*) I want to go back to 3.8

BTW, when I try to open an attachment from an e-mail, it wont receive saying service book info not found.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:34 AM   #111
attyhal

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon
Default jpeg in 3.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by decepticon
Screw this

Ive read every link, every post and every forum and the thing still doesnt work as it did before. Ive wasted DAYS trying to figure out my problems, nothing is working. V3.8 worked fine for me. The v4.0 just isnt going well. Calculator, jpeg attachments, bla bla bla, it all worked before, so if it aint broke, dont fix it. When they get some serious patches i might consider not throwing the device off of a cliff with the v4 installed.(for my device anyways, for all of you whome have had good luckso far........ *gives finger*) I want to go back to 3.8

BTW, when I try to open an attachment from an e-mail, it wont receive saying service book info not found.
were you able to open jpeg's in version 3.8?
Old 02-22-2005, 10:30 AM   #112
decepticon

Yes, I could open any file attachent I wanted in 3.8 including JPEGS
Old 02-22-2005, 09:44 PM   #113
decepticon

Ok, I got the calculator to work, email is working better, I fine tuned the PDA to my liking EXCEPT FOR READING EMAIL ATTACHMENTS!!!!!!!!!!

"more request cannot be completed. Service book information not found"

Rogers doesnt even know what this means. they are a bunch of total Donkeys when it comes to technical service.

Free case of beer or what ever you like to some one with an answer for me.

It worked fine till OS 4.0 was installed. I am not part of an enterprise, its a personal device with an unlimited data plan from Rogers. I dont know what else to say. Im very upset about this, its been driving me crazy for three days now. I need closure.

Thanx in advance,
Old 02-22-2005, 09:55 PM   #114
decepticon

One more thing, I keep getting emails to my home email and hand held which say:

"This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry Handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server."

They also contain a data attachment. How do I stop this? This never happened before the OS 4.0 upgrade.

I have tried to go back to 3.8 and all the same things still happen. I tried installing the t-mobil and rogers versions of 4.0, same thing.

My searches come up with similar problems but no difinitive answers or solotions as to why my handheld is behaving this way now.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:58 PM   #115
mchilders

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular
Default Bluetooth volume

Quote:
Originally Posted by betabob
It might be crisper than before, but the volume drop makes my HS810 pretty unusable in noisy places such as airports. I hope Blackberry puts out another software release soon to fix this problem.
I also found my volume decreased to an unusable level. I agree it was crisper but I could hardly hear the person in a noisy environment. As a result, I went back to 3.8 and I now have a loud headset again.

I also reported this to T-Mobile, in hopes that RIM will fix this in a future bug fix.

-Mark
Old 02-23-2005, 03:59 PM   #116
roccitman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-Mobile

I was dissapointed to see that they did not include the ability to move icons from a subscreen to the main screen or vice versa.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:02 PM   #117
oam

Has anyone noticed that after upgrading to 4.0 that in games the keys no longer work? I am having this problem and wanted to see if anybody else did.
Old 02-24-2005, 06:00 PM   #118
penk
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: v6.0.0.461 on Pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by decepticon
One more thing, I keep getting emails to my home email and hand held which say:

"This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry Handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server."
This happened to me, also. I received my 7100t just days before the 4.0 upgrade was released. For some reason, following the upgrade, the only email address that worked was my home, and not the BWC.

The messages regarding the data (I read somewhere) is caused from using an existing, non-BES/BWC email address. Some need for those "flags" to hang out in your inbox, maybe like a breadcrumb. I also found that this can happen if the setup was not 100% perfect, or if there was a change in the choice of using/not using the desktop redirector.

What I did to fix mine was to basically scram it, unload everything and reinstall the upgrade.

But don't do that. Because that didn't fix it, and it only confused me.

What did seem to do the trick was to delete every Service Book (because I didn't know any better) and reconnect to the desktop, and then re-register with the network.

Somewhere in there, it all worked. My BWC address was again primary and following that I was able to prep my other email accounts properly. Now my 'berry is runnin like a well-oiled goat.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:35 AM   #119
nixdorf

Model: 7290
Thumbs up Blackberry calender

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcg
Isn't this handled by the PIM setup in the desktop manager? How far back you want to sync Mine is set to 180 days anthing before that is not on my BB.
Very right, I have a BB 7290 (v 4.0) and had the same problem with the "keep Appointments field"

in attachted Jpeg you can see how to manage it.

greetz

Nixdorf
(Mobistar Center - Business dept. (Mobistar Belgium - part of Orange group)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BB-calender-prtscr.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	2127  
Closed Thread