Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 07:31 AM   #1
doubles
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Vzw
Default BWC and messages

Please Login to Remove!

I have been having some strange behavior with BWC. I have a 7250, and BWC with OUtlook 2003.

1) My messages get delivered out of order. Is there any way to resolve this?

2) When I reply to an email, for some reason a duplicate copy of the original message is sent to my handheld (?!?)

3) Would I be better off using the Mail Connector? I am not even sure I can use it, as BWC establishes an IMAP connection with my outlook out of the gate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:36 AM   #2
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

I too have Verizon BWC and have been experiencing a lot of issues with it. I have called tech support who had me delete my cmime service book, re send it to me, and had me reprogram the phone via 22899. None of this has resolved the issue of delays in getting my e-mails. I have gotten into the habit of doing reconcile now from the BB to get my e-mail which brings it instantly.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 08-24-2005, 08:41 AM   #3
doubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonTiki
I too have Verizon BWC and have been experiencing a lot of issues with it. I have called tech support who had me delete my cmime service book, re send it to me, and had me reprogram the phone via 22899. None of this has resolved the issue of delays in getting my e-mails. I have gotten into the habit of doing reconcile now from the BB to get my e-mail which brings it instantly.
have you ever had the problem with messages getting resent? or sent out of order?
Old 08-24-2005, 08:43 AM   #4
KonTiki

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

No on either of those.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 08-24-2005, 09:33 AM   #5
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

None of these issues either on Nextel
Old 08-24-2005, 12:46 PM   #6
doubles

interesting.. does anyone have any thoughts or ideas around why this is happening?
Old 08-24-2005, 09:03 PM   #7
0siris
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7250
Carrier: US Cellular

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubles
I have been having some strange behavior with BWC. I have a 7250, and BWC with OUtlook 2003.

2) When I reply to an email, for some reason a duplicate copy of the original message is sent to my handheld (?!?)

3) Would I be better off using the Mail Connector? I am not even sure I can use it, as BWC establishes an IMAP connection with my outlook out of the gate.

I'm confused. Outlook isn't capable of being an IMAP source. You have to connect to an actual email account in order to use IMAP. You can IMAP Comcast, which I use Outlook to read, for example (although I use POP3). Outlook's a client, not a server.

Am I misunderstanding, perhaps?

Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792
Old 08-25-2005, 05:34 AM   #8
doubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0siris
I'm confused. Outlook isn't capable of being an IMAP source. You have to connect to an actual email account in order to use IMAP. You can IMAP Comcast, which I use Outlook to read, for example (although I use POP3). Outlook's a client, not a server.

Am I misunderstanding, perhaps?
sorry its exchange IMAP. Outlook to view.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:44 AM   #9
0siris
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
sorry its exchange IMAP. Outlook to view.
Ah, WHEW! I thought I was having a "Blonde" moment about something basic.

I'm still learning this stuff myself, but I'm going to take a shot at figuring this out. I'll try to get back to your by tomorrow.

Old 08-25-2005, 07:44 AM   #10
BBAdmin

Model: .
Carrier: .

Regarding the duplicates I've come accross this before. Most of the time it's because the user has more than one email address forwarding to the BB, but one address is forwarded to another. So if you're collecting [email address] and [email address], but [email address] is on a distribution list for [email address] then you'll get two copies of the message - am I making sense here?!?!?

Old 11-24-2005, 03:35 PM   #11
doubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBAdmin
Regarding the duplicates I've come accross this before. Most of the time it's because the user has more than one email address forwarding to the BB, but one address is forwarded to another. So if you're collecting [email address] and [email address], but [email address] is on a distribution list for [email address] then you'll get two copies of the message - am I making sense here?!?!?

well i thought that, but as a result, i decided to retrieve ONLY my work emails via BWC to see if that fixed the situation.

No luck. I would hate to have to give up on BB. I even wiped the handheld and reloaded the new OS and had the same problems.

Thanks for trying though
Old 11-28-2005, 01:06 PM   #12
0siris
Thumbs Must Hurt

Sorry for the delay in getting back. I have a few questions to your questions:

Quote:
Is the order itself consistent? For example, is every message from a particular email address or domain arriving before others? Or is email to a certain address coming first every time? Have you found any kind of a pattern like that?

Quote:
When you reply via Outlook? Or via your Blackberry? Which? Also, is it possible that you have the BWC sending your replies to your email account? That might induce the appearance of a duplicate.

Quote:

You're talking about the Desktop Redirector, correct? In terms of functionality, I don't think it matters. Not so far as I can tell (and let me stress again that I'm still new to this). The only difference I can think of is that the BWC will monitor multiple POP3 and IMAP accounts, but only checks every 10 minutes. The Redirector hooks up only to Exchange, but it's real time thanks to MAPI support. Unless you're in a heavily time-sensitive job, I can't see any real difference between the two.

Oh, obviously, BWC runs as a web-based service (basically), the Redirector requires it to be installed and running at all times on a PC. Unless you're actually talking about the Blackberry Enterprise Server.

Old 12-01-2005, 06:07 PM   #13
jporlier
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Every time I send an e-mail using my BB I get the same e-mail duplicated in my inbox. Does anyone know who to turn this off?
Old 12-02-2005, 03:55 PM   #14
unclemurray
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: tmo

I am checking my OWA mail through BIS. I notice i f i reply to an email on my desktop computer that is on my BB, I get a duplicate sent to the BB. I think BIS is reading the impa flags wrong or somehting. This only happens with my OWA account. My other imap accounts are fine.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:21 PM   #15
0siris
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclemurray
I am checking my OWA mail through BIS. I notice i f i reply to an email on my desktop computer that is on my BB, I get a duplicate sent to the BB. I think BIS is reading the impa flags wrong or somehting. This only happens with my OWA account. My other imap accounts are fine.
Just to be clear on this, you're on your desktop PC... using OWA? Or are you using Outlook? It's possible, in Outlook, to set it to save replies with the original, and that would, in turn, result in the reply being sent to your Blackberry, IF, that is, the original is still in your Inbox. If you're using Outlook, let me know what version, and I'll see if I can locate that setting for you.

Old 12-05-2005, 01:56 AM   #16
unclemurray
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: tmo

I'm checking OWA on my blackberry and reading emails on my desktop with Entourage. It is not set to save replies. I think it's just reading the flag for "replied" as a new message and reforwarding to my BB.

I just got my company to put me on the BES so it's not an issue anymore at least, but it was driving me nuts.
Closed Thread