BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 02:04 PM   #1
Pscobee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: cingular
Default Looking 4 Advice -Exchange, BES etc...

Please Login to Remove!

About to start a business with my partner.... so:

2 employees (Growing to 30+ within a year or two)
Outlook users
Balckberry users
Need a common calendar, task list
Would like BES functionality
Need access at our office and at home (And laptop on the road)

I assume we should look at a hosted service, but would like some input on solution alternatives...

This place is great!

Peter
Old 07-18-2005, 03:12 PM   #2
Chrisv2
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon & at&t

If you have the cash. Try investing in Exchange for the mailbox/calendar/task references you mentioned. If you have a website/server, you can redirect through it to Outlook Webmail, in case you're on the road. As for Office, Home, and on the road accesss I suggest purchasing workstation laptops for that. You can syncronize your mailboxes while in the office and use Web Mail after dialing up to the internet. Your BB will just be an extension of your mailbox while away from the office/laptop.

Just my $.02
Good Luck!
Old 07-19-2005, 08:20 AM   #3
TheWastedYears
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Pearl
Carrier: T-Mobile

Microsoft SBS 2003 + BES. That'll give your laptops and Blackberry access to your mailbox from home.

Nextel 7520 | BES 4.0 | HS810 Headset
PIN: 400809E0

"a One that isn't cold is scarcely a One at all"
Old 07-19-2005, 08:59 PM   #4
creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisv2
If you have the cash. Try investing in Exchange for the mailbox/calendar/task references you mentioned. If you have a website/server, you can redirect through it to Outlook Webmail, in case you're on the road. As for Office, Home, and on the road accesss I suggest purchasing workstation laptops for that. You can syncronize your mailboxes while in the office and use Web Mail after dialing up to the internet. Your BB will just be an extension of your mailbox while away from the office/laptop.

Just my $.02
Good Luck!
Especially if you're going to grow out to 30+ users within a couple of years. At least if you're managing your own EXCH server, you can create your own policies, manage mailboxes, etc. Plus, with the EX2003 Webmail, it's practically the Outlook2003 client...only through your browser.
Closed Thread