Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 05:57 PM   #1
kjaslow
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: Telstra
Default Calendar navigation

Please Login to Remove!

Hi, all. With my Bold, I liked to view my calendar in week view. N went to next week and P went to previous week. Now, with the Torch, I'm finding it difficult to navigate unless I open the keyboard, and I'd prefer not to do that unless I am entering a new appointment.

Can anyone help me figure out the quickest way to go from one week to the next or previous week by only using the touch screen? Is there any way to just go next and previous without first going to month view, selecting a day, and then going to week view again? That's a very klunky way of getting around the calendar...

Thanks.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:39 PM   #2
GoHawks63
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Re: Calendar navigation

At the bottom of the screen there are icons for day, week and month views. For all views you can go to the previous (day, week or month) by just swiping your finger across the screen.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 11-13-2010, 02:34 AM   #3
kjaslow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHawks63 View Post
At the bottom of the screen there are icons for day, week and month views. For all views you can go to the previous (day, week or month) by just swiping your finger across the screen.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Unfortunately, that's inaccurate. When you view your calendar in week view and swipe across, the dates scroll a day at a time, not a week at a time. That gets quickly confusing compared to using the 'n' and 'p' button where the days of the week stay in the same spot, but the week advances (or goes back). I do think that your presumption here is how it SHOULD work. After all, day view and month view work that way. Maybe this is a bug?
Old 11-13-2010, 03:06 PM   #4
lesarmitage
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: Voda UK (9900+PB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjaslow View Post
Unfortunately, that's inaccurate. When you view your calendar in week view and swipe across, the dates scroll a day at a time, not a week at a time. That gets quickly confusing compared to using the 'n' and 'p' button where the days of the week stay in the same spot, but the week advances (or goes back). I do think that your presumption here is how it SHOULD work. After all, day view and month view work that way. Maybe this is a bug?
P; N; M; W; D all work - switch off ENABLE QUICK ENTRY
Old 11-14-2010, 01:44 AM   #5
kjaslow

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesarmitage View Post
P; N; M; W; D all work - switch off ENABLE QUICK ENTRY
I don't mean to be difficult, but the idea here was to not have to open the keyboard and just be able to navigate using the touch screen. As the previous poster mentioned, all the other modes use a left- and right-swipe to go to the next and previous day or month. It's just that Week doesn't allow you to swipe to go from one week to the next, it just scrolls the days instead. That gesture seems like the right one and I really think RIM might have either made a mistake, or just got this one wrong...

So, thanks for your suggestion. It does seem like the only way to achieve the same behavior as the Bold is to use the keyboard...
Old 11-14-2010, 03:05 AM   #6
lesarmitage
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: Voda UK (9900+PB)

Acknowledged.. moving in days seems fine to me. Full sweep gives 7 days albeit in days. Love the Torch though although I am discovering more the longer I have it
Closed Thread