Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 12:29 PM   #1
faithofgod

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default 8830 or Storm?

Please Login to Remove!

I have had an 8830 for over a year and am generally happy with it. My main reason for wanting to get another BB is that since I use this for my business I have a lot of emails on it and am ALWAYS having to delete emails in order for it to continue working. The Storm is the only BB I know of and was told by Verizon that had more than 64MB built in memory where it saves the emails to (I believe they said the Storm has 1GB). I have played with the Storm at the Verizon store and it seems a bit strange, but I am sure it has a slight learning curve and needs some tweaking to get used to it. My question is if the Storm is worth upgrading to? I mainly send texts and emails and do a lot of web browsing (which is a pain a lot of the time on the 8830).

Ryan
Old 02-03-2009, 12:34 PM   #2
crackBerrybOb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: The Tail on the Mod

Has your contract expired?

If you can get a Buyer's Remorse period for your purchase, I would highly recommend you try it for the 30 days. Nothing to lose there and everything to gain.

A lot of previous BB owners seem to have difficulty getting used to the Storm but it seems most of them seem to be happy after some heavy use.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:43 PM   #3
faithofgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackBerrybOb View Post
Has your contract expired?

If you can get a Buyer's Remorse period for your purchase, I would highly recommend you try it for the 30 days. Nothing to lose there and everything to gain.

A lot of previous BB owners seem to have difficulty getting used to the Storm but it seems most of them seem to be happy after some heavy use.
Yes, I am up for a new phone and contract which is what is making me think about it more, plus the phone has started behaving badly in the last month due to running out of memory and not allowing emails to get stored on the add-on memory card. Quite a mess, but Verizon is no help except suggesting a new phone.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:46 PM   #4
crackBerrybOb
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: The Tail on the Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithofgod View Post
Yes, I am up for a new phone and contract which is what is making me think about it more, plus the phone has started behaving badly in the last month due to running out of memory and not allowing emails to get stored on the add-on memory card. Quite a mess, but Verizon is no help except suggesting a new phone.

Then definately go into a store and verify you have 30 days to return it if u don't like it. I'm pretty sure you will.

Remember it is quite a bit different typing on a click-thru vs. the buttons so give it a few days. When I first started it was aggravating, now I sail on my keyboard and wouldn't even consider going back. The web experience will certainly excel.

Good luck and let us know what you think!!
Old 02-03-2009, 01:12 PM   #5
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

Model: 9630
PIN: ????
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

You will definitely enjoy the extra space that the 9530 does provide, however the touch screen can be a love / hate relationship.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:35 PM   #6
Blackberry_Stormer

PIN: 305A2E00

Yes I had to adjust to the screen and all took me a week or 2 but now it is like normal specially with the "click" screen feels just like keys and I Love it!
Old 02-04-2009, 08:56 AM   #7
Triforce66
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: IsSharpAndPointy
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I am in the same boat.. one thing is I have been reading around that the demo units at the VZW store are all the first OS version (not even the updated one on VZW's site).. however everyone I know who has one has put a beta OS on it and said it made the difference between sending it back..
Old 02-06-2009, 01:09 AM   #8
faithofgod

Thanks everyone. I will be getting a BB Storm soon.
Closed Thread