Old 02-27-2011, 11:59 PM   #1
Koloftoo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Mr Rogers
Default 8320 Dead

Please Login to Remove!

I'm not sure if my 8320 has died on me or not. A few days ago I found my phone dead as a brick. I figured it ran out of juice. So plugged in the charger. But nothing was happening. Thought maybe the charger had gone bad, so I changed it. Still nothing! Then I burrowed a battery with charge and plugged it in. The phone seemed to boot up but it was taking much longer than the customary 5 minutes with the hour-glass. So I had to give back the battery before coming to a conclusion. So that you know, I had changed the battery about 3 months ago and the water damage sticker on the phone and the battery is white.

What do you figure is happening with the phone? Could the mini USB jack have gone bad, thus not recharging? Why is the boot taking so long?

All I care about at this point is to get a back up of my data.

Thanks for your input
Old 02-28-2011, 05:09 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: 8320 Dead

Couple things. The cause of the dead BlackBerry when you found it could have been battery giving up the ghost or something was running and fully depleted the battery.

You experience with the borrowed battery suggests maybe there is nothing wrong with the device. Some people have experienced glitches and it has taken 20 or 30 minutes for the device to boot.

If you can get a new battery right away and you don't mind spending the money, that would be the quickest path to solving the problem, or at least answering it. Otherwise, plug the device into a wall charger and leave it for several hours. Then, while it is still plugged into the wall charger, remove the battery for a moment and replace it. Hopefully the BlackBerry will boot. Then leave it to finish charging.