BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 09:52 PM   #1
biscuit
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: none
Default EBay & 8100

Please Login to Remove!

Just something funny, I did a search for Blackberry Pearl on EBay and noticed that other popular searches popped up: Blackberry Stealth, 8100, and yes blackberry pearl was quite a popular search.

By the way, I am not happy that TM is getting the and I get to wait for Cingular to get their act togather.

my .02
Old 08-31-2006, 09:53 PM   #2
trigga15

Model: 7290

hahaha did it show any 8100?

I LOVE BEING 16 AND HELPIN ALL THE OLDER PEOPLE
Old 08-31-2006, 09:55 PM   #3
biscuit

just a battery that is available for multible bb's.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:58 PM   #4
kwang98131
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8310
Carrier: att

i posted in another topic somewhere that i did find someone sellign a dummy/demo TMO 8100 and had pix. it was goign for buy it now 35 and bids started at 25.. i might have to buy one just to pretend i have it and get used to holding it haha
Old 08-31-2006, 11:09 PM   #5
noeffectx
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8320
PIN: 123456
Carrier: T-mobile

ey cingy users, spread the love. you guys got the 7130c. mmmkey? now its our time(tmo subscribers) the get the 8100.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/blackberry/
Old 09-01-2006, 12:58 AM   #6
mymitsu3kgt
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9780
PIN: 236676A8
Carrier: TMobile

I wouldn't buy an 8100 off ebay for atleast two months, that's a guranteed scam. People will post auctions of the newest and hottest devices, take the money, and run. It happened to my friend when he tried to buy a Motorola V70 before Cingular got their hands on it. He got scammed out of $500. So what did he do, he tried again with another auction and the second one turned out to be real.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:18 AM   #7
BBAdmin

Model: .
Carrier: .

I agree with mymitsu3kgt, stay clear of eBay phones not yet launched.

Old 09-01-2006, 08:39 AM   #8
kwang98131

how do they scam you if its paypal (credit card papaer trail) ???
so far ive heard dont do the following.. nigeria & some other risky areas, western union or any form of cash without trail and no feedback trying to sell something expensive and haard to get.
Old 09-02-2006, 07:38 PM   #9
rjharary

Model: Droid
Carrier: Bell South

never buy from a seller who says to email them and lists the address rather than using the "ask seller a question link" that is the first sign of a stolen account. I dont care if they have 8 billion feedbacks, dont buy it!
Old 09-03-2006, 10:22 AM   #10
kwang98131

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjharary
never buy from a seller who says to email them and lists the address rather than using the "ask seller a question link" that is the first sign of a stolen account. I dont care if they have 8 billion feedbacks, dont buy it!
yah i read about that before.. but if you email them or whatever.. and they STILL agree to use paypal.. isnt that pretty much bullet proof?

i did find a scam 1 time with a guy trying to get me to buy a 10k jetski for $2800 which was a steal! but he wanted to use email not contact seller and was gona ship this jet ski from great britain.. thats what was getting weird. it was def gona cost more than $2800 to ship probably lol.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:11 AM   #11
yeaguy

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers

Rim tracks theses things all the time, and get there lawyers to get them shutdown right away.

Its also illegal to buy one before its released
Old 09-05-2006, 09:48 AM   #12
rjharary

Paypal is not bulletproof. You are only covered by their protection if the seller has over 50 feedbacks ( I am not 100% sure of that so correct me if I'm wrong)
Old 09-05-2006, 10:16 AM   #13
DallasFlier

Model: 9800
PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeaguy
Rim tracks theses things all the time, and get there lawyers to get them shutdown right away.

Its also illegal to buy one before its released
Uhh, it may well be against RIM's and T-Mo's policies to buy or sell one before its released, but its certainly not "illegal" - unless you can quote us a real *law* that says so, and I'm pretty positive you can't.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:12 PM   #14
Tillia
Thumbs Must Hurt

Smile Fraud is fraud

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasFlier
Uhh, it may well be against RIM's and T-Mo's policies to buy or sell one before its released, but its certainly not "illegal" - unless you can quote us a real *law* that says so, and I'm pretty positive you can't.
Just an opinion as I am not a lawyer, but since the product is not released and all parties involved have signed NDA's then any device on eBay would either be a violation of the NDA (illegal) or the devices were stolen (illegal) or if the devices were given to someone who did not sign an NDA, then they were fraudulently obtained. The person who gave the devices to an outsider would have broken the NDA and that is illegal. There may not be *law* on the books but the RIM lawyers could still take people to court, including eBay if they did not pull the listing. eBay being a business, would most likely pull the auction rather than risk the threat of a lawsuit. Again, just an opinion and my two cents for what its worth......................
Old 09-05-2006, 12:39 PM   #15
DallasFlier

PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillia
Just an opinion as I am not a lawyer, but since the product is not released and all parties involved have signed NDA's then any device on eBay would either be a violation of the NDA (illegal) or the devices were stolen (illegal) or if the devices were given to someone who did not sign an NDA, then they were fraudulently obtained. The person who gave the devices to an outsider would have broken the NDA and that is illegal. There may not be *law* on the books but the RIM lawyers could still take people to court, including eBay if they did not pull the listing. eBay being a business, would most likely pull the auction rather than risk the threat of a lawsuit. Again, just an opinion and my two cents for what its worth......................
You may well be right - it would certainly be illegal to *sell* something if its stolen, and if you signed an NDA it might be (civil, not criminal) breach of contract or similar for you to *sell* an 8100 right now, but it most certainly wouldn't be illegal to *buy* one offered for sale, as the potential buyer would most certainly have no way to be privy to what the terms of an NDA did or didn't say. And yes, I imagine if one shows up on eBay and RIM contacts eBay, it will be removed as you say.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:40 PM   #16
doppler

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillia
Woah, woah, woah. An NDA would be a contract between two parties. Unless you've agreed to the NDA (e.g. Tmo employee), you are not held to it. Also, breaking an NDA is not illegal, it's just a violation of the contract. You would be subject to civil action (lawsuit), not criminal (jail).

I'm no expert here, but let's have a little precision in our language (especially around the law).
Old 09-05-2006, 12:42 PM   #17
flash24

Model: 9930
PIN: 3319688F
Carrier: Verizon

BB will take over the cellphone world..

Proud to Serve USAF
Old 09-05-2006, 12:42 PM   #18
rjharary

I'm not a lawyer either but I did great on the LSAT back in the day, and I agree with Dallas so thats pretty much the nail in the coffin. Now, who is willing to sell me one?
Old 09-05-2006, 11:49 PM   #19
biscuit

Check this out, someone is selling a dummy pearl for $150. You have to be hard up to pay anything for a phone that wont work. Do a search on ebay for blackberry pearl and see what dummy buys a dummy.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:55 AM   #20
Tillia
Thumbs Must Hurt

Talking Said I was no lawyer..................

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppler
Woah, woah, woah. An NDA would be a contract between two parties. Unless you've agreed to the NDA (e.g. Tmo employee), you are not held to it. Also, breaking an NDA is not illegal, it's just a violation of the contract. You would be subject to civil action (lawsuit), not criminal (jail).

I'm no expert here, but let's have a little precision in our language (especially around the law).
Hi everyone,
As I said in my earlier post, I am no lawyer and also that it was "just an opinion" Please take it for that there was no inferrence that I was any kind of an expert so if the lingo isn't right, my apologies!

Also, to the reference that a person purchasing said device was not subject to the NDA and did nothing wrong, well, don't they confiscate stolen goods even if you "innocently" obtained them? Ignorance of the origin is not a defense (again, sorry if the lingo is incorrect here OR if I have watched too many lawyer shows on TV)
Of course, this is all moot now that the 8100 BlackBerry Pearl is officially released. Now everyone can get one if they want without worrying about laws civil or otherwise, contracts or NDA's.
I too am awaiting the full Qwerty version, whenever that may be...........
Closed Thread