Carrier: Cingular

Please Login to Remove!

Old 01-09-2005, 01:04 PM   #2
corey@12mile
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: lots
Carrier: Rogers
Default Hotfix #1 for BES 4.0 is available

For anyone running a BES 4.0 for Exchange server, a service pack with a hot fix is now available.

I don't have a public URL for it, but if you are a RIM partner you can login to partnersite and get it from the info center.

cd.
Old 01-09-2005, 01:08 PM   #3
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Two more hotfixes and I will be ready to start our worldwide BES upgrade project...
Old 01-12-2005, 08:55 AM   #4
easy-v
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: None
Carrier: None

Because this hotfix is not *publicly* available (without having to go through a 3rd party) can someone please post the details of the hotfix?
Old 01-12-2005, 10:26 AM   #5
jsdc
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: O2 UK

This is what I got from my Service Provider...

This section lists fixed issues and download for release 4.0.0 hot fix 1 for the BlackBerry Enterprise Server for Microsoft Exchange.

BlackBerry Attachment Service

Previously, if a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet cell contained either a comma or a percent sign and a minus sign, the minus sign did not display on the BlackBerry Wireless Handheld.
Previously, when requesting to view the table of contents for a Microsoft Word document attachment that contained a table of contents, table of figures, and, or a table within the document, the table of contents request failed to display on handhelds.
Previously, if a .txt file attachment contained page breaks copied from a Microsoft Word document, the attachment service truncated the .txt file attachment at the first instance of a page break.

BlackBerry Controller

Previously, if a BlackBerry Messaging Agent stopped responding, the BlackBerry Controller restarted the Messaging Agent before it finished generating a stack trace log.

BlackBerry Enterprise Server

Previously, in certain circumstances, email prepopulation and wireless personal information management (PIM) synchronization were not started after a user switched to a handheld that had BlackBerry Handheld Software version 4.0 installed using the BlackBerry Desktop Software version 4.0.
Previously, in certain circumstances, prepopulated email messages were not populated starting from the day of the wireless activation. Also, not all prepopulated email messages that displayed on a wirelessly-activated handheld were marked with a prepopulation flag.
Previously, in certain circumstances, email filters that were incorrectly or incompletely written to the configuration database caused the BlackBerry Enterprise Server to stop responding continuously.
Previously, in certain circumstances, the BlackBerry Enterprise Server spontaneously disconnected a user’s mailbox from the user’s account, and the mailbox could not be reconnected until the user’s properties were opened in the BlackBerry Manager.
Previously, if a user made a change to an appointment, the subject information was visible in the BlackBerry Messaging Agent log.
Previously, in certain circumstances, vCard attachments that were sent from a handheld that was on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server version 3.6 did not appear on handhelds on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server version 4.0.

BlackBerry Policy Service

Previously, when IT policy rules in the Service Exclusivity Policy Group were set to FALSE, the updated IT policy was sent wirelessly to all users on the IT policy every 5 minutes.

Wireless activation

Previously, in certain circumstances, when a user switched from a Java-based handheld to a C++-based handheld and performed a wireless activation, the handheld did not complete the wireless activation.

Wireless calendar synchronization

Previously, in certain circumstances, exceptions occurred in the wireless calendar synchronization process if time zone values were missing.

Wireless PIM synchronization

Previously, in certain circumstances, the Messaging Agent and the Synchronization Service would stop when the BlackBerry Enterprise Server was reconnected to the configuration database after being disconnected from the configuration database (local or remote) before the services were stopped.
Old 01-12-2005, 06:13 PM   #6
corey@12mile

PM me with an email address and I will send you the document from RIM detailing the fix's.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:26 AM   #7
easy-v
Thumbs Must Hurt

I just contacted my "service provider", CDW, and they logged into their partner site and did not see the HF. They then contacted Blackberry, and the tech there said that no hotfix for BES 4.0 has been released yet.

Old 01-13-2005, 09:42 AM   #8
mikej5780
Thumbs Must Hurt

I think that tech was confused. I have it installed on 3 servers.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:52 AM   #9
easy-v
Thumbs Must Hurt

I don't doubt its existence. I am just trying to figure out how to get the blasted thing!!!
Old 01-13-2005, 11:47 AM   #10
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

hmm, i'm not seeing it in the TSupport area, so i guess this is on a timeline for testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSupport Downloads Area
Software For BlackBerry Enterprise Server v4.0 for Microsoft Exchange

BlackBerry Enterprise Server v4.0 for Microsoft Exchange

Download Software
View the Administration Guide - PDF
View the Checklist for BlackBerry Enterprise Server v4.0 Upgrade - PDF
View the HandHeld Management Guide - PDF
View the Installation Guide - PDF
View the Maintenance Guide - PDF
View the Product Overview - PDF
View the Quick Start Guide - PDF
View the Troubleshooting Guide - PDF
View the Troubleshooting Requirements for Microsoft Exchange - PDF
Old 01-13-2005, 12:37 PM   #11
corey@12mile

It's still in the partner section of the website, so I would imagine it should be available on TSupport sooner or later... This weekend I am gonna do my BES 4 upgrade on one of my servers and throw the service pack on... I'll post here about how it goes if there is anything significant that happens.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:59 AM   #12
dpeters11
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

This is now available on their hotfix page. The one thing I saw added on the documentation is a known issue that user defined log levels are not preserved and need to be manually redefined.
Old 01-20-2005, 02:03 PM   #13
n8ureb
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

Problem tring to get the hotfix is the website says to re-log in... or trylink again. i am experiencing the policy sending every 5 min to all users.
Old 01-20-2005, 03:02 PM   #14
PacketRat
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
PIN: 24AC9B18
Carrier: T-Mobile

installed hotfix today. No issues yet.
Old 01-28-2005, 11:05 AM   #15
TheBerryGuru
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300

The hotfix 1 for BES 4.0 is listed with all the other service packs at blackberry.com
Closed Thread