BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 09:55 AM   #1
dlushington

Default Hello people...new to Blackberrys and need help with synch

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all,

I've just been appointed the IT consultant for my new job, and all the giys here use BB's, we are running BB Enterprise Server and that feeds off of our Domino Notes Server. Everyone's BB is working OK apart from, of course, mine. Up until yesterday everything was fine, but yesterday I noticed that although I had many e-mails in my Notes inbox, none of them were appearing on my BB. When I try and run a manual synchronise it goes throught the various folders but then says 'Unable to complete request, one moment please'...and that's it. I've tried removing and re-installing the Blackberry desktop software, un-plugging the BB and then plugging back in, but all I get is the same error message..does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Cheers,

Dan
Old 09-30-2004, 04:08 PM   #2
otto
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

i would try to manually reset your backblerry. you can do this by putting a pin/clip into the reset button on the back of your backblerry or simply by removing the battery and putting it back in.

also, another quick thing is to try and send an email from the handset to see if that pushes the rest down.
Old 10-05-2004, 10:10 PM   #3
DBESTech

Dan, have you resolved this issue yet? Are the emails pending to the handheld from the stats doc in the profiles database? If they are not, they are probably being filtered out. Check to see if pending is increasing or if filtered is increasing. If you can't sych, run maintenance against the users bbsd -- compact updall and fixup. Also ensure that you can open both the profiles database and the users statedb from end users notes client. If you can't do that, you have a permission issue that is messing things up.
Closed Thread