BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 09:20 PM   #401
rcbjr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700

Please Login to Remove!

You shouldn't have lost your blackberry.net account, you just no longer have access to it from anything but the handheld. There is no longer an inbox option where you can view what's on the BIS account.

hope this helps.
Rcbjr.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:03 PM   #402
jonnynyc
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HI-Tek
Has anyone lost their Blackberry.net account after upgrading?

I upgraded today and now it's gone. I can still log in, but my email account is gone. If I forward to my bb email address, I get an autoreply error saying account doesn't exist.... and Cingular hold times are insane today 30min at least....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcg
Yes mine has left the building same as yours.... my login remains the same to BIS but the email box is gone... totally has screwed my forwarding setup. I haven't even changed $$$ plans just made the change to BIS 2.0
I had the same problem
Same hour on the phone with customer service
I tried to add it as a new account with the same old name all day and it wouldn't work
Just tried it one last time now and it did

So in the field where it says enter a name for a new blackberry.net account enter your old email address name and it should let you have it again
Old 06-13-2006, 10:06 PM   #403
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 7290

I just got an email moments ago telling me my "mycingular" email box is setup and ready to use... so it seems like it was a 8 hour delay between the update to BIS 2.0 and getting the email back.

No calls to Customer Careless... just happend on it's own.

AIM: SmartPhoneDepot
Old 06-13-2006, 10:07 PM   #404
jonnynyc

Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbjr
You shouldn't have lost your blackberry.net account, you just no longer have access to it from anything but the handheld. There is no longer an inbox option where you can view what's on the BIS account.

hope this helps.
Rcbjr.

Unfotunately many of us lost the account for the whole day
It was dead, as in messages sent to the address recieved "permanent fatal errors"
By the time I called Cingular they had recieved tons of complaints
They seem to have fixed the issue now but the problem was not what you suggested here
Anyone who had the same problem as I did try what I suggested in my previous post
Old 06-13-2006, 10:11 PM   #405
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 7290

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbjr

hope this helps.
Rcbjr.

I think we are clear on that... but some folks (like me) who upgraded to BIS 2 all of a sudden had their emails bounced, in my case for 8 hours, until Cingular's systems caught up with demand (or whatever).

AIM: SmartPhoneDepot
Old 06-13-2006, 11:00 PM   #406
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

All I had to do was remove/reinstall my battery then the account was magically available - had said account suspended prior to that.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:21 PM   #407
Winston S.
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior1790
then a supervisor called me back and informed me that the 34.99 plan can NOT, i repeat NOt bundled with a voice plan. He said that will be e-mail only no voice which cannot possibly be true. It is remarkable that cingulars cs reps get to work each day!!!!!
That seems to make sense to me. If you were to bundle the $34.99 plan with voice it would then be $29.99.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:36 PM   #408
junior1790
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

I would also agree with you, but his statement said there was, at the time, no such plan available. Now that i have upgraded my self because I was able to come across a CS that was halfway competent we all know that plan does exist. I was just stating how weak CS can be at certain times...
Old 06-14-2006, 01:48 PM   #409
nb_mitch
CrackBerry Addict

I switched to the $29 plan, I was a little concerned it might be a issue that I am a small business, but it was switched over fine.

Everything seems to work except my BBWeather gets a Bad DSN Address and BB Browser doesn't connect to the Internet. PicoNews, Yak-on, Google Maps & Berry411 all work fine.

I removed the battery and rebooted & BBWeather works now, BB broswer doesn't work, but then I was just testing it, I normally have it hidden so it is no big deal.

ps. rather than call and spend hours on the phone, I sent an email through the website yesterday afternoon and got a confirmation this afternoon. I verified my features changed online.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:53 PM   #410
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: eapple and ham pizza is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by nb_mitch
I switched to the $29 plan, I was a little concerned it might be a issue that I am a small business, but it was switched over fine.

Everything seems to work except my BBWeather gets a Bad DSN Address and BB Browser doesn't connect to the Internet. PicoNews, Yak-on, Google Maps & Berry411 all work fine.

I removed the battery and rebooted & BBWeather works now, BB broswer doesn't work, but then I was just testing it, I normally have it hidden so it is no big deal.

ps. rather than call and spend hours on the phone, I sent an email through the website yesterday afternoon and got a confirmation this afternoon. I verified my features changed online.

Is your browser working now?
Old 06-14-2006, 02:10 PM   #411
joec
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: att

I called several different Reps and no one knew anything about the new plan. I then called Blackberry Tech Support directly They were able to switch plans. Knowing the code that was posted on this forum sure helped.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:15 PM   #412
nb_mitch
CrackBerry Addict

Nope, I had the BB browser hiden anyway, it never seemed to work well. The Cingular browser is working and I just downloaded Opera Mini, it works fine.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:20 PM   #413
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nb_mitch
Nope, I had the BB browser hiden anyway, it never seemed to work well. The Cingular browser is working and I just downloaded Opera Mini, it works fine.
I just want to be sure you are aware that it does work if the settings are fixed.

You don't use it and may not care, I just did not want you thinking it doesn't work at all...it just does not work after the new plan is switched for some users.

The # for Cing. BB tech support and the link to Live chat are above.

I know you are a big Forum user and I do not want to seem like I am telling you something obvious but this is a long thread and I thought you may have missed the talk about how to get it working.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:43 PM   #414
nb_mitch
CrackBerry Addict

Thanks, but you are right, I just don't use it. I have read all the comments yesterday about calling the TS and getting it fixed, which I would do if I used it.

I just was testing that everything worked after the change and that is the only thing that didn't work for me. But I am good for now
Old 06-14-2006, 02:47 PM   #415
4tay

Model: 8800
Carrier: ATT

Updated plan. Cingular forums fixed browser issue. Reset BIS account but automatically uograded.

I am getting used to 2.0 and actually like it.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:54 PM   #416
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4tay
Updated plan. Cingular forums fixed browser issue. Reset BIS account but automatically uograded.

I am getting used to 2.0 and actually like it.
I mean this in all sincerity..why do you like it?

I like having the most up to date things (themes, OS etc) but cannot see why I should upgrade.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:55 PM   #417
bluephoenix

Model: 8700r
Carrier: Rogers

Anyone on the *Unlimited* plan please respond. I am having a hard time believing the unlimited claim here, but I am a Rogers cx. Having worked in telecom for 6 years makes me a little weary of claims like this. Anyone know if it really really unlimited ( not like the 25 unlimited up here ) / How they are doing it ( i.e. have to have the phone plan too )
Funny story, BIS 2.0 avail on Rogers if you delete the acct, which I had tech support do, logged in at the 1.8BIS site to recreate my account, borked the whole thing, no upgrade for JJ.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:58 PM   #418
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluephoenix
Anyone on the *Unlimited* plan please respond. I am having a hard time believing the unlimited claim here, but I am a Rogers cx. Having worked in telecom for 6 years makes me a little weary of claims like this. Anyone know if it really really unlimited ( not like the 25 unlimited up here ) / How they are doing it ( i.e. have to have the phone plan too )
Funny story, BIS 2.0 avail on Rogers if you delete the acct, which I had tech support do, logged in at the 1.8BIS site to recreate my account, borked the whole thing, no upgrade for JJ.
It is unlimited Data and you have to have a phone plan also.
Text messages are extra.
Does that answer your question?
Old 06-14-2006, 03:29 PM   #419
vap0r
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: cingular

my browser doesnt work, the internet one that is, and I know all i have to do is call the data center to get them to fix it, but their hold times are still crazy.. ill wait
Old 06-14-2006, 04:09 PM   #420
byron
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7250
Carrier: VZW

yeah.. you folks that are having browser (not the cingular browser) problems, just call the 1.800.304.3044 support number and tell them they need to turn on the option that enables the blackberry internet browser, then resend the service books and you'll get it. i've had this happen more than once.
Closed Thread