Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 09:21 AM   #1
Andi
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Disappearing APN with TeleNav

Please Login to Remove!

We use Telenav on an 8700g with the Cingular version of the software but changed the APN to T-Mobile. The APN often disappears all by itself - anyone else ever see this or know how to fix it? Yes we do save after change...
Old 06-25-2006, 07:52 PM   #2
ddiamond77
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

I have experienced similar problems. I also do a save. Unfortunately I have no fix.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:36 AM   #3
Starz26
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8530
Carrier: Verizon

Telenav sucks with the 8700. If your unit does not reboot frequently consider yourself lucky. If you are a new Telenav user, give it time, it will become so unstable you wish you never installed it.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:08 AM   #4
wlee309
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel
Default Telenav

I've been using Telenav for about 6+ months and I love it.....when it works. Lately, perhaps I've been using it more often than ever, when it does not work well, I get one of two messages which goes something like this:

"Unable to reach the Telenav servers"
or
"The numerical range for 'address' is range 0 to 0. Please check your address and try again."

Having the first message is pure annoyance. CSR tells me to perform a master radio reset but I've never confirmed it to work right after that. I always assume that they tweak some setting son the backend to get me going again. This happens at times where I needed the GPS most and it's extrememly frustrating. I assume that the Telenav servers are being bogged down by larger than expected amount of traffic but I could be wrong.

For the second message: I've managed to get to my appointments manually which confirmed that these addresses I have entered are valid. When Telenav tells me that the numerical range for a particular street is within a particular range, I can understand it I had enetered a wrong number but when it gives you a range of 0 to 0, then it's useless. Then again, I did have the correct address so having the message would render Telenav a bit unreliable for me.

CSR explained to me that they are experiencing these types of problems particularly in New York.

Some of these problems I face may also be attributed to the fact that Nextel/Sprint needs to aunthentic your data package and a paid suscription to Telenav to fully allow you to use Telenav. The way I see it is that Nextel/Sprint should authenticate the software at the first instance of calling up a new route and then allowing the blackberries to perform purely as a GPS system afterwards rather than be dependant on network coverage, data bandwidth and unneccessary cpu resources.

---
7520 blackberry