BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 05:33 PM   #1
PhYrE

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Rogers
Default BBM Received Notification

Please Login to Remove!

I don't think there's a software method, but is there a 'hack' or similar to disable sending the received notification to an individual you are having a conversation with on BBM.

I often glance at a message while on the go or it comes up to BBM when I pull the phone out of the holster. It then sends the "R" for read to the recipient (from the previous "D" for delivered).

I don't want that- Nobody should need to know if I've read the message, just that it's waiting on me. They shouldn't need to know that I've looked at it but haven't had the time to respond, which raises my privacy concerns.

How can I disable the BBM "R" sending to my contacts when they send me messages? Someone must have worked around this.

-M
Old 10-02-2009, 09:50 PM   #2
kirrinjones
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9000
PIN: 208E7C41
Carrier: LIME, Jamaica

Wirelessly posted

The work around is to not use BBM or if your can, get a much older version of the BBM client (say 4.0). Doubt it would install on the newer OSes though.

That feature was still active in the 5.0.0.8 leak and there was no option to turn it off, so I'm pretty sure its safe to say that that feature is not going anywhere.

So if you are not comfortable with it, you may have to stop using it.

Sorry.
Closed Thread