Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 10:15 PM   #1
Fordhamlaw

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Broken Track Ball/weird call noise

Please Login to Remove!

I got my 8830 just under a month ago so I have a few days left before the free trial period is up.

Since the day I bought mine, every time I make a phone call there is a weird hum/ring in the background that kind of sounds like the jets of a airplane when you're sitting on the inside of the airplane...extremely annoying. Everyone I call notices it and always says something about it. Does anyone else experience this noise? Is it normal or is it significant enough to have them gives me a new replacement?

Also, in the last few days my trackball has been spazing out. Randomly when I click the back button or the applications button it will make the BB act like I am randomly scrolling the trackball all over the place in all different directions. I am not touching the trackball or anything and it just does this for about 5 seconds and then stops. It makes navigation extremely annoying. Has anyone ever experienced this problem? I think maybe my keyboard is loose? I lightly dropped it once last weekend and it has been happening ever since so I figure that may have cause it. No physical damage is visible and the phone works fine besides the weird scroll. It also randomly comes and goes so I don't know what I am going to do it if doesn't act up when I bring it to a VZW store and try to explain it. Any suggestions on what I should do?

Finally (sorry for the long winded post) I cannot receive picture text messages on my BB. It sends all my pictures to pixplace? Is the 8830 not capable of receiving picture messages or did VZW just mess up my texting plan because I used to receive picture texts on my old motorola.

Yes I am a n00b so if these questions have been asked before I apologize. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:56 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

1 and 2. Get a new device, replace it. The noise and the trackball is good reason to do so.

3. VZW sends MMS picture messages to its servers for storage until you want it. That is just what they do. I don't know why it changes, someone else here might know or understand it better.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:02 AM   #3
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

Model: 9630
PIN: ????
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

yeah, crazy how the MMS works ... Can't send one either BTW ... As far as your device goes, I agree with JSanders ... Get a new device. Call Verizon up, they have been more than helpful to me over the last couple of years.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:37 AM   #4
Fordhamlaw

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A

Thanks guys, going to take it in today.

JSanders - As for the MMS response, I guess I don't follow you exactly. Are you saying that they set it back to go to pixplace and all I need to do is tell them I want it to go to my phone and it should fix the problem?

Thanks again
Old 08-21-2007, 08:49 AM   #5
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

No, I didn't say tell them anything about the picture MMS.

As I understand how VZW works with MMS, if one is sent to you, it uploads it to the VZW servers, and sends you the message there is one waiting for you there.

Same if you send, it should send it to the VZW servers and notifies the end user of the link.

I "believe" that is what I have read other VZW users state that is how it works, if they know differently, someone will state so.
Closed Thread