Carrier: Maxis

President and vice...
Old 10-14-2008, 12:13 PM   #224
gfunk11
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A

hahahaa... i'm more than willing to help out Azrizal and others in any capacity. but, secretary dah la... hehehee...

In any case, let's try to get more members involved. Even those in the notorious Mypdacafe. There are a few peeps out there that are abit into themselves and don't treat other's with enough respect. Newbies will be newbies, they were as well not so long ago. That veteran dude needs a reality check and take it down a notch. Seems he's hiding there and could potentially look down on others as he's most senior I suppose. He won't be given much respect here in the international forums as these forums are a means to help out and information sharing. That kind of attitude should stay in the mypdacafe forums. Hehehe...

gfunk11
------------------------------------------
BB Curve 8310: BES | BB Bold 9000: BIS
Old 10-14-2008, 01:25 PM   #225
azrizal
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Storm
PIN: 20CCA68A

Hi Ikurtmal.. Thanks for the vote of confidence And Weileong you missed out my pin la.. sob! sob!..

And lastly, Dear All, it looks like this election is much better than our current Malaysian politics! hahahaha
Old 10-14-2008, 01:37 PM   #226
anis

PIN: 2559BAF5

Name : Anis
PIN : 2559BAF5
Old 10-14-2008, 02:06 PM   #227
azrizal

Model: Storm
PIN: 20CCA68A

Welcome and Thanks Anis..
Old 10-14-2008, 07:11 PM   #228
Ikurtmal

Model: 9K
PIN: 25587317
Carrier: Celcom MY

Quote:
Originally Posted by anis View Post
Name : Anis
PIN : 2559BAF5

Welcome to you Anis....!

Last edited by Ikurtmal; 10-14-2008 at 07:12 PM..
Old 10-14-2008, 08:57 PM   #229
margaux

Carrier: maxis
Wink Newbie

Name:margaux
PIN:2559BD30
Old 10-14-2008, 09:07 PM   #230
antnine

Model: Bold

welcome margaux :D
Old 10-14-2008, 09:58 PM   #231
gfunk11
Thumbs Must Hurt

Welcome to anis & margaux!!! We're growing by the day... :D

gfunk11
Old 10-15-2008, 02:38 AM   #232
antnine

Why am I the unlucky one. All of you here are so lucky that your bold have no problem. But mine, damn it...even after changed I got a worse phone...What a shitty day...
Old 10-15-2008, 04:08 AM   #233
othernet
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: MOX

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfunk11 View Post
hahahaa... i'm more than willing to help out Azrizal and others in any capacity. but, secretary dah la... hehehee...

In any case, let's try to get more members involved. Even those in the notorious Mypdacafe. There are a few peeps out there that are abit into themselves and don't treat other's with enough respect. Newbies will be newbies, they were as well not so long ago. That veteran dude needs a reality check and take it down a notch. Seems he's hiding there and could potentially look down on others as he's most senior I suppose. He won't be given much respect here in the international forums as these forums are a means to help out and information sharing. That kind of attitude should stay in the mypdacafe forums. Hehehe...
I totally agree with you on the childish attitude one constantly sees on MYPDACAFE. I gave up and left that forum a long time ago. It is populated either by sad people on power trips with an inflated sense of superiority, or dimwits that cannot contribute anything but trash talking and gibberish.

Happy with this forum so far!
Old 10-15-2008, 10:24 AM   #234
gfunk11
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by antnine View Post
Why am I the unlucky one. All of you here are so lucky that your bold have no problem. But mine, damn it...even after changed I got a worse phone...What a shitty day...
antnine,

be patient. Understand your frustration. Sunway, Gardens, KLCC, Pavilion, Gardens again, all in one day? You're superman la dude. good enthusiasm. I guess most of the bro's here would do the same if something's wrong with their sets.

So hopefully you'll get your new set (3rd times a charm) from The Gardens on Friday? All the best! Fingers crossed.

gfunk11
Old 10-15-2008, 10:52 AM   #235
Zach-MY

Model: 9700

Quote:
antnine,

be patient. Understand your frustration. Sunway, Gardens, KLCC, Pavilion, Gardens again, all in one day? You're superman la dude. good enthusiasm. I guess most of the bro's here would do the same if something's wrong with their sets.

So hopefully you'll get your new set (3rd times a charm) from The Gardens on Friday? All the best! Fingers crossed.
Tested Antnine bold just now, swap my sim on his NEW bold, no problem with wifi connection to BIS, suspect something wrong with the sim card or maxis system setup of his account.....
Old 10-15-2008, 11:18 AM   #236
gfunk11
Thumbs Must Hurt

hmm... then my earlier suspicions may be correct. It's either Maxis setup went awry or there are limitations with how BIS Lite is setup for users. In a thread somewhere on mypdacafe forums, there are users on BIS Lite that couldn't connect to BIS via WiFi. Strange, but they are on BIS Lite as well. This needs further looking into. That may be the problem, or that has always been the problem with BIS Lite. Perhaps some settings problems on Maxis side.

This is interesting. Hmm.. as it may seem, Maxis is employing a rather sneaky marketing strategy here. Knowing well that BB devices come with WiFi and users are able to connect to BIS via WiFi, thus savings on Data Charges. This is a substantial loss to Maxis as the BIS Lite is RM20 for 1Mb usage & no BIS RM55 charge. Seems like an outrageous claim, but I have had this suspicion for a while now. Perhaps testing on Celcom SIM's with different plans should tell us more. :D

We seriously need some TT sessions and have a testing sessions with all prob's or concerns... :D

gfunk11
Old 10-15-2008, 11:33 AM   #237
antnine

When will that be?
Old 10-15-2008, 01:06 PM   #238
Zach-MY

Model: 9700

Quote:
Maxis is employing a rather sneaky marketing strategy here. Knowing well that BB devices come with WiFi and users are able to connect to BIS via WiFi, thus savings on Data Charges. This is a substantial loss to Maxis as the BIS Lite is RM20 for 1Mb usage & no BIS RM55 charge. Seems like an outrageous claim, but I have had this suspicion for a while now. Perhaps testing on Celcom SIM's with different plans should tell us more. :D
This is REALLY sneaky, I hope your assumption is wrong... and if it is true, Antnine had been to Maxis couple of time now, unless the Maxis customer service and their Technician (or I should say so call technician) had no freaking clue what is included in the BIS Lite, you would expect them to advice the customer.." Sorry sir you had been scam... the Lite can't be use with WIFI, how do you think we going to make any $$ off you if we let you pay RM 20 and use Wifi for the BIS connection" ....
Old 10-15-2008, 07:50 PM   #239
gfunk11
Thumbs Must Hurt

hahaha... true... very true... as i've said, I really hope I am wrong. Seems most peeps that don't have problems with WiFi connecting to BIS are on the BIS RM55+Data Plan package and not BIS Lite from Maxis. Perhaps we can take a look @ Celcom's users out there. Comparisons is a must. We can't come to a conclusion yet, however my suspicions and gut feelings is leaning towards that.

One has to remember that the peeps down there in Maxis or Celcom have NO clue whatsoever with the probs we're facing. Even if we show then what's wrong, they'll be confused and in a state of denial. CUSTOMER IS NEVER RIGHT IN THIS COUNTRY!!!! Oh well, perhaps more tests will prove my theory wrong. I sincerely hope it does, as peeps out there like antnine (students) that wish to use the BB BOLD are limited to having subscribe to expensive packages. It really is a shame. WHAT'S UP MAXIS???? Care to respond to my claim????

gfunk11
Old 10-15-2008, 08:37 PM   #240
antnine

I'm going to maxis later after class
So...I let you know when I'm there gfunk11.