Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 12:18 PM   #1
m_bisson

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: rogers
Default Can't find App World on my phone

Please Login to Remove!

It says it's installed when I go to Options>Applications, but I can't find it in any of the folders or anything...
How can I make it appear?
Old 06-22-2010, 12:24 PM   #2
Kratrz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Rogers

Downloads folder?

or hit bb button, and show all?
Old 06-22-2010, 12:32 PM   #3
m_bisson

Carrier: rogers

nopers...
And I don't know how to do the "show all" thing..

I should mention, this happened after I updated it to the new version.

Last edited by m_bisson; 06-22-2010 at 12:37 PM..
Old 06-22-2010, 01:40 PM   #4
Kratrz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Rogers

you can hide any icon you want.
to do this, you open the icons by pressing the blackberry button, then hover over the icon, and hit the blackberry button again, and select hide.
then that icon will be hidden, unless you hit the blackberry button again and select show all.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:23 AM   #5
ltoddnelson

Model: 8530
Carrier: Verizon

I am having the same issue. BB App World does not appear anywhere on my BB even in when I show all. I have gone through every folder and nothing. I have removed the app from Applications and re-installed and still nothing.

Please advise.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:29 AM   #6
sharkbarry

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

I had the same issue also... Couldn't find it, downloaded it again with no problems and still couldn't find it!
I don't remember the OS I was running (something 6XX) but upgraded to the v5.0.0.714 and the App World was back!
Try upgrading to this OS and see if it doesn't come back...
Old 06-27-2010, 02:01 PM   #7
JG in SB
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Go to the default "BlackBerry Shortcuts" shortcut in your browser. Select AppWorld. When you click on the link, it will take you to a page that offers the option to download BlackBerry AppWorld. Select this and enter the 1 or two configuration settings it asks you for. It will then download and install App world and notify you of installation success. Then you will find the AppWorld icon in your "Applications" folder. That is how it has worked for me following several recent phone wipes/re-installs.

And yes, it is strange that apploader will give you the option to select AppWorld to install and/or will show it as installed when if fact it is not installed anywhere on the device. Just download it from scratch. This seems to work perfectly and consistently.

Good luck.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:53 AM   #8
Capta1n

Carrier: Vodacom

I am having the same problem. I installed the latest version of BlackBerry App World 1.1.0.35, and I am running v5.0.0.423 Blackberry OS.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:41 AM   #9
ltoddnelson

The fix for me was to update the OS on my device to what was currently available for my 8530. I was running BBOS v5.0.0.508 and now I am running BBOS v5.0.0.734. BB App World is available again for me to use without having to deal with the uninstall and re-install insanity and much easier than wiping the device.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:52 AM   #10
ikechukwu

Carrier: bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbarry View Post
I had the same issue also... Couldn't find it, downloaded it again with no problems and still couldn't find it!
I don't remember the OS I was running (something 6XX) but upgraded to the v5.0.0.714 and the App World was back!
Try upgrading to this OS and see if it doesn't come back...
Hello- dats the problem am having in OS v5.0.0.169 I can't find my bb messenger any where and other downloads- someone help.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:34 AM   #11
obi1
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9860
PIN: 28A6BB27
Carrier: Vodafone RO
Default Re: Can't find App World on my phone

it is so simple.i thing usually it is the same thing as bb maps,it might depend to the carrier.i had the same problem,but, i took it from their site.i mean blackberry.com.and i have it.however it's says when i try to open it, it is not available in my country.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:16 AM   #12
babybb

Carrier: Claro

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_bisson View Post
It says it's installed when I go to Options>Applications, but I can't find it in any of the folders or anything...
How can I make it appear?
I have a bb Bold. I tried batt pull, delete and reinstall from the desktop manager. Nothing worked. I fixed it doing the following:

Uninstall bb app world on the device
Uninstall bb application Center

Go to blackberryappworld.com using Internet Explorer (won't allow Safari for download)

Download bb app world and it will request you connect your device to the computer.

Reinstall bb application Center with the desktop manager.

This is what did it for me.

NOTE: You might not need to uninstall and reinstall the bb application center but i'm not sure.

Good Luck!
Old 05-10-2011, 10:42 AM   #13
bricegibson

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I had this same issue after using v05 desktop software. What you have to do is: Options>Applications>Drop-down menu/Add-on>Delete the installed apps. For some reason after they delete, it will prompt you to restart your device, you don't have to, so select no. When you go back to your blackberry home screen, you will see the Blackberry World App appear and then it will prompt you to redownload it. From there, you should be able to download BB Messenger over again and whatever apps you want to download.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:13 PM   #14
JanaeTaylor

Model: 8250
Carrier: Tmobile

What i did was go to options >> applications>>blackberry app world>>Delete>>Download blackberry app world again.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:43 PM   #15
staceyNsharni

Model: 8520
Carrier: curve

Hello
The same is happening with my
Blackberry curve I upgraded
The same have you fixed yours
I need help and have no idea
What I'm doing
Thanks stacey
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 05-31-2011, 05:47 PM   #16
staceyNsharni

Model: 8520
Carrier: curve

Hello
I am haveing the same problem
With my blackberry curve can any
One help have you fixed yours
I have no idea how to resolve
This problem,it happened when
Upgrading,when I go to options
And applications it says its
Installed,I've tried uninstalling
It and downloading again dosnt fix
The problem.
Please advise if u can
Old 06-05-2011, 06:38 PM   #17
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370

I lost App World today. I had to actually download it twice to get it to show up again. The first time I re-downloaded it I was prompted to upgrade my old version with the same version. I did so, got the message that the app was successfully installed, and couldn't find it. Must be in my Downloads Folder, right? Well, my Downloads Folder was gone too! When I re-downloaded App World a second time, with a battery pull between attempts, I got the same successful install message and App World was in my Home Folder, where I have always kept it. My Downloads Folder is still MIA, but at least I have App World back. I used App World to download MaraTick (shopping list app) to test it, but only after setting my Home Folder as my destination for downloads. App World had all my information saved, including my BlackBerry ID, which was nice.

I still have my Instant Messaging folder, Games, and Applications. I tried the "show everything" procedure and still now Downloads. All the other crapola I've hidden was there. The solution to get the missing folder back seems to be to reload the OS, but I just don't have the energy to go through that saga right now. If I do go this route I am considering going back to OS 5.

Last edited by rambo47; 06-05-2011 at 06:40 PM..
Old 06-08-2011, 04:45 PM   #18
Thiego-uk
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: SGS2
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

AMG!!! This must be some terrorists kidnapping the applications for world domination!!! xD

A friend of mine had some problem on her Pearl on OS6. I went to Apps world by the BB browser and downloaded from there. After download it was back and working as normal.
Weird how so many people are having similar problems yet what works for one isn't working for another.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:00 AM   #19
Gabino

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG in SB View Post
Go to the default "BlackBerry Shortcuts" shortcut in your browser. Select AppWorld. When you click on the link, it will take you to a page that offers the option to download BlackBerry AppWorld. Select this and enter the 1 or two configuration settings it asks you for. It will then download and install App world and notify you of installation success. Then you will find the AppWorld icon in your "Applications" folder. That is how it has worked for me following several recent phone wipes/re-installs.

And yes, it is strange that apploader will give you the option to select AppWorld to install and/or will show it as installed when if fact it is not installed anywhere on the device. Just download it from scratch. This seems to work perfectly and consistently.

Good luck.
Thank you! It was really helpful.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:23 PM   #20
andrenatalie

Carrier: vodacom

If I try to logon I keep geting a error saying I should try again later?
Closed Thread