BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 07:36 AM   #41
JP Mobility
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700r

Please Login to Remove!

I only have .jar files. How the heck do I get it on my BB??

God this is so frustrating, I'll paypal someone 5 bucks CDN and the app (really good app) if they can convert it or whatever for me.

I tried this DOS way and that other .bat way and neither works....probably cuz I only have the .jar file.

Someone please let me know how to do this. PIN me at 20393A34

Thx

Last edited by JP Mobility; 12-16-2005 at 07:38 AM..
Old 12-16-2005, 01:00 PM   #42
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

.jar files are for over the air installations just direct your browser to where you got it from and install it that way and you will save yourself the five bucks. If you cannot do that look in the search for a .jar to .cod convertion and you will find directions to do it yourself.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 12-16-2005, 08:46 PM   #43
JP Mobility

Model: 8700r

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonTiki
.jar files are for over the air installations just direct your browser to where you got it from and install it that way and you will save yourself the five bucks. If you cannot do that look in the search for a .jar to .cod convertion and you will find directions to do it yourself.
I tried that and it just shows up as text (scrambled characters) on my bb.

Also, I've looked through the jar/jad conversion threads and am unable to do this without a .jad file to accompany the .jar

Somebody plz help me.

I'll give you 10 bucks so that I can get this program working on my berry.

Thanks
Old 12-16-2005, 09:55 PM   #44
headtailgrep
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 950
Carrier: robbers

you need the jad file. what is the app anyway?
Old 12-16-2005, 09:57 PM   #45
headtailgrep
CrackBerry Addict

MIDPSSH .jad file:

MIDlet-Jar-URL: http://www.xk72.com/midpssh/midpssh-full.jar
MIDlet-Jar-Size: 114174
MIDlet-Name: MidpSSH
MIDlet-Vendor: XK72
MIDlet-Version: 1.4.6
MIDlet-1: MidpSSH, /small.png, app.Main
MIDlet-Permissions: javax.microedition.io.Connector.socket
Old 12-16-2005, 09:57 PM   #46
headtailgrep
CrackBerry Addict

why not try and emulate this? the only issue is the midlet permissions...
Old 12-16-2005, 10:07 PM   #47
headtailgrep
CrackBerry Addict

Try this, JADMAKER:

http://www.softhypermarket.com/JADMa...load_8453.html
Old 05-01-2006, 11:44 PM   #48
brace! brace!

Model: 8700g
Default MIDP 2 Supported

Just a quick note to anyone reading this thread and wondering about MIDP 2, it is now supported on version 4 of the software provided your device has more than 12MB of flash memory. From BB technical support:

Note: BlackBerry Device Software 4.0 for 8 or 12 MB devices does not support the MIDP 2.0 or CLDC 1.1 specifications; however, MIDP 1.0 and CLDC 1.0 are still supported on these devices. Applications compiled in BlackBerry JDE 4.0 might throw a java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError exception on startup on 8 or 12 MB devices running version 4.0.

In the original notes of the FAQ, only MIDP 1 is mentioned.

cheers!
brace! brace!
Old 05-02-2006, 10:10 AM   #49
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

Great find, thanks for listing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headtailgrep

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 07-21-2006, 11:39 PM   #50
gbajosh

Model: 7250

anyone have any more midlet sites?
Old 07-22-2006, 09:18 AM   #51
headtailgrep
CrackBerry Addict

Yeah, search google my man.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:27 PM   #52
Pentace

Model: 8700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonTiki
I know I have asked this before and I do apologize but I recently had my pc crash and lost all my notes, not being proficient at this i need to reconstruct and i am stuck, can anyone please let me know what i am doing wrong here, this is what i have typed in the command window: rapc import="c:\Program Files\Research in Motion\Blackberry JDE 4.0\bin\net_rim_api.jar" codename=jmIrc -midlet jad=jmIrc-0.92.jar

when i proceed and hit enter i get this error code returned: Error: no file to process

As soon as i can get past this I am done and will be document in cd so I do not have to bother anyone else again. My apologies to jibi in advance since he showed me once already what to do though I just cannot duplicate it without my notes.

rapc import="c:\Program Files\Research in Motion\Blackberry JDE 4.0\bin\net_rim_api.jar" codename=jmIrc -midlet jad=jmIrc-0.92.jar can just be doen as rapc import="c:\Program Files\Research in Motion\Blackberry JDE 4.0\bin\net_rim_api.jar" codename=jmIrc -midlet jmIrc-0.92.jar you do not need to use a jad to make a cod when it is done it will actually reprodice a jad for you and a new jar if you rename it
Old 10-27-2006, 08:33 PM   #53
Pentace

Model: 8700
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Jar installer

Or this is my fav upload anything u want to your phone upload a jar file and it sends you a download link and creates a jar for you. thephonemall.net/uploader/index.php Phone Uploader Also if you use a product like soonr u can download jar files directly to your BB
Old 11-28-2006, 07:51 PM   #54
busterkat
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: tmo
Default This site is a linkfarm

j2me-software.com
Old 03-07-2007, 04:09 AM   #55
vilastalewale

Model: 8100
Carrier: HTTP
Default BlackBerry

hi,
Canany one please tell me that j2me application(code) run on blackberry simulator if yes what will be the procedure.
i am a beginner in blackberrry
Old 03-27-2007, 02:08 PM   #56
GrinningFool

Model: 9000
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkat
j2me-software.com
I was just about to post the same...
Old 03-27-2007, 08:35 PM   #57
blackberryfreeware
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Pearl
Carrier: T-mobile

Wow this is an old thread, have you read this instructions on the previous pages.

If you have BES 3.6 or higher running, you can download JAR/JAD midlets directly from your blackberry browser, as the BES does the conversion to COD for you automatically. However, you can still do this procedure if you really need to..

What technical requirements do I need to perform this task:

a) You need to be comfortable using DOS
b) You need to download and install the Blackberry JDE (free from the rim developer website)
c) You need to download and install the Sun Java SDK 1.4 or higher.
d) You do NOT need to know how to use the Blackberry JDE, you merely need some of the DOS apps that come with it.

Here's how to convert and upload midlets (JAR/JAD) files to your Blackberry. This is not for the faint of heart, but any person with reasonable technical computer skills can do it:

a) Download and install the RIM Java Development Environment.
from BlackBerry - BlackBerry Developer Program | Support, Simulator & MDS Downloads, Knowledge Base & Community

This software requires the sun Java SDK, so

b) Download and install the Sun Java SDK.
Download Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition, v 1.4.2 (J2SE)
MAKE SURE YOU GET THE SDK! *NOT* THE JRE!

Once both are installed, download the midlets you wish to put on your blackberry. Midlets are BOTH a .jar and .JAD file.

c) For ease of use, move the JAD and JAR files for each midlet you want to convert to the BIN directory in the RIM Java Development Environment directory on your hard drive, for example:
c:\program files\Research in Motion\Blackberry JDE 3.7\bin\

Using RAPC.exe in DOS, convert the midlet to a COD as follows, all on one line (might be easier to make a .bat file out of this)
d) rapc import="c:\Program Files\Research in Motion\Blackberry JDE 3.7\lib\net_rim_api.jar" codename=virca -midlet jad=Virca.jad Virca.jar

Subsitute a different codename, jad and jar filename for whatever application you wish to convert. If successful, it will say no errors and you will have a COD file. The import= is a REQUIRED step.

Using javaloader.exe from a DOS prompt to upload the newly created COD file to your blackberry (in my case a USB blackberry)
e) javaloader -usb load filename.cod

And that's it! An icon will appear in your ribbon. Give it a try and see if it works. Not everything will work, but most do. Mileage wil vary..

Caveats:

a) If you use the application loader at a future date, the loader WILL remove your midlets as they are not known by it. You will probably have to re-upload them again in this case.
b) Make sure you have enough free space to upload the applications..
c) If something goes wrong, Be sure you are familar with the RAPC or Javaloader.exe documentation. If not sure, use google to help you.
d) If you can, Test your Blackberry JDE on a sample application. Compile, and run a sample app in the simulator to ensure that your JDE functions correctly.

The instructions work but I find most midlets run very slow in my blackberry or there are to many issues to make it worth using. But don't let this stop you there are some that work great, the problem nobody bothered to make a list of the applications that work on the blackberry.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:36 PM   #58
blackberryfreeware
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Pearl
Carrier: T-mobile

Wow this is an old thread, have you read this instructions on the previous pages.

The instructions work but I find most midlets run very slow in my blackberry or there are to many issues to make it worth using. But don't let this stop you there are some that work great, the problem nobody bothered to make a list of the applications that work on the blackberry.

If you have BES 3.6 or higher running, you can download JAR/JAD midlets directly from your blackberry browser, as the BES does the conversion to COD for you automatically. However, you can still do this procedure if you really need to..

What technical requirements do I need to perform this task:

a) You need to be comfortable using DOS
b) You need to download and install the Blackberry JDE (free from the rim developer website)
c) You need to download and install the Sun Java SDK 1.4 or higher.
d) You do NOT need to know how to use the Blackberry JDE, you merely need some of the DOS apps that come with it.

Here's how to convert and upload midlets (JAR/JAD) files to your Blackberry. This is not for the faint of heart, but any person with reasonable technical computer skills can do it:

a) Download and install the RIM Java Development Environment.
from BlackBerry - BlackBerry Developer Program | Support, Simulator & MDS Downloads, Knowledge Base & Community

This software requires the sun Java SDK, so

b) Download and install the Sun Java SDK.
Download Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition, v 1.4.2 (J2SE)
MAKE SURE YOU GET THE SDK! *NOT* THE JRE!

Once both are installed, download the midlets you wish to put on your blackberry. Midlets are BOTH a .jar and .JAD file.

c) For ease of use, move the JAD and JAR files for each midlet you want to convert to the BIN directory in the RIM Java Development Environment directory on your hard drive, for example:
c:\program files\Research in Motion\Blackberry JDE 3.7\bin\

Using RAPC.exe in DOS, convert the midlet to a COD as follows, all on one line (might be easier to make a .bat file out of this)
d) rapc import="c:\Program Files\Research in Motion\Blackberry JDE 3.7\lib\net_rim_api.jar" codename=virca -midlet jad=Virca.jad Virca.jar

Subsitute a different codename, jad and jar filename for whatever application you wish to convert. If successful, it will say no errors and you will have a COD file. The import= is a REQUIRED step.

Using javaloader.exe from a DOS prompt to upload the newly created COD file to your blackberry (in my case a USB blackberry)
e) javaloader -usb load filename.cod

And that's it! An icon will appear in your ribbon. Give it a try and see if it works. Not everything will work, but most do. Mileage wil vary..

Caveats:

a) If you use the application loader at a future date, the loader WILL remove your midlets as they are not known by it. You will probably have to re-upload them again in this case.
b) Make sure you have enough free space to upload the applications..
c) If something goes wrong, Be sure you are familar with the RAPC or Javaloader.exe documentation. If not sure, use google to help you.
d) If you can, Test your Blackberry JDE on a sample application. Compile, and run a sample app in the simulator to ensure that your JDE functions correctly.