BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 01:01 PM   #141
w4raw
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Just upgraded and it went well. Works fine. Nice little app to set one's BB apart from the crowd. Donation on the way.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:29 PM   #142
KeithO
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile Germany

Yeah great little app - thanks!

I found this site useful for the custom settings RGB Color Codes
Old 05-01-2007, 06:50 PM   #143
CaptSwerve
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

I just installed this on my phone. I bought the other one but I prefer this one. Thanks metsfan, this is great. I see that you have the colors set up for baseball.. is there a chance you'll be setting up something for football? I'd love it if my pearl could tell everyone when that my Colts are winning. Thanks again.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:19 PM   #144
MyPearl

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe mamma View Post
Thanks for a free app!

My led light on the top of the BB would stay lit some strange colors (blue/green/etc) and it would be solid not blinking, and my screen would be very very dim that I could barely read it. The only way to get it to stop would be to reset (pull the battery, but I used your reset app, ~ which is an awesome app also, thanks for that too!).
I also had this problem happen to my pearl today. It is annoying. I did not have to pull the battery. I just put the pearl back in the hostler and then i noticed it was gone after 10 mins. not sure how and why this applications is interfering with the LED light on the top. btw, i also have BBLight installed. could it be a conflict somewhere between the 2 apps?
Old 05-01-2007, 07:47 PM   #145
Lishypop

Model: 8100

I installed this app on my phone, thought it was pretty cool, but uninstalled it to save some space.

However my trackball light does not turn on now! I even reset my phone...loaded a backup but the light does not work now.

Has anyone experienced this? How can I get my white light back?

edit// It seems to have fixed itself.

Last edited by Lishypop; 05-02-2007 at 01:07 PM..
Old 05-01-2007, 09:30 PM   #146
silentradar

Carrier: Rogers

Thanks! This program works great!
Old 05-01-2007, 11:30 PM   #147
onth

Model: 9700
PIN: G PONG

Nice program!!! Thanks!!

But I noticed that the Custom Color actually makes no difference on my phone no matter what I set the color codes as. Basically, my phone can only shows all the 7 colors that you have preset on your option list : WHITE, RED, GREEN, BLUE, CYAN, YELLOW AND PINK. Let's say, no matter i set my custom color to dark blue or light blue or purple or slate blue or royal blue, it will shows up as the default blue (blue + white).

Also, everytime it will reset itself to white when my phone returns from the standby mode. Or after I use a program and end the program, it goes back to white color.

Last edited by onth; 05-01-2007 at 11:31 PM..
Old 05-02-2007, 10:35 AM   #148
Korexz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8220
PIN: 2576D674

After installing this I started to have a problem.

After ending a call SureType turns off, I get the ABC icon in the corner.

Also the hot switch of holding down the SYM key to toggle back to SureType would just lock the phone.

I uninstalled the program and the problem persisted. I ended up have to wipe my phone and reinstall everything.

I downloaded the alx and installed with desktop manager.

Is anyone else having this problem?
Old 05-02-2007, 12:28 PM   #149
EricScott
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000

Anyone notice that the battery drain on this program is worse than on the one you have to pay for on Handango? I had that one installed previously with no noticeable battery drain. Usually after one day of normal use I am at 70% and after 2 I am around 40% and then I recharge. I had the timeout set to 30 secs, the same exact time as my screen.

I like this version of the program b/c the app isn't running in your task list but now I notice that after 1 day I am around 55% and I can't really make it two full days without charging (don't want to take it down to zero).

Anyone else notice this problem?
Old 05-02-2007, 01:09 PM   #150
Lishypop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korexz View Post
After installing this I started to have a problem.

After ending a call SureType turns off, I get the ABC icon in the corner.

Also the hot switch of holding down the SYM key to toggle back to SureType would just lock the phone.

I uninstalled the program and the problem persisted. I ended up have to wipe my phone and reinstall everything.

I downloaded the alx and installed with desktop manager.

Is anyone else having this problem?
I had the ABC icon stuck in the corner problem as well. I had to wipe too. The program features are nice, but they're not worth the problems they've been giving me.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:19 PM   #151
Neverl8
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lishypop View Post
I had the ABC icon stuck in the corner problem as well. I had to wipe too. The program features are nice, but they're not worth the problems they've been giving me.
Can't you just remove that by going in like you are sending a message and press the shift key and then hold the symbo key down? That would remove the ABC and put it back on SureType. This happened to me too but I'm a user of the ABC as I still can't get use to the SureType.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:28 PM   #152
metsfan
Thumbs Must Hurt

There's almost no way this program affects anything to do with SureType. Holding down the SYM key from the home screen will lock the phone. From anywhere you can enter text, it should re-enable SureType. My program has nothing to do with any of that, and I've accidentally done things like that by trying to lock my phone when I wasn't at the home screen (and entering multi-tap by mistake)

This should also have no noticeable impact on battery life. It hasn't for me.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:06 PM   #153
danimal4326
Knows Where the Search Button Is

great program. Have you found out any way to disable the while led from turning on when you have red, for instance, selected as the color?

When the trackball backlight turns on, the color gets washed out..
Old 05-03-2007, 06:28 PM   #154
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

I put a tiny piece of electrical tape over the white LED. Working fine so far. Makes it a lot nicer. I just hope it doesn't melt it like it does the sharpie ink.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:33 PM   #155
Korexz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsfan View Post
There's almost no way this program affects anything to do with SureType. Holding down the SYM key from the home screen will lock the phone. From anywhere you can enter text, it should re-enable SureType. My program has nothing to do with any of that, and I've accidentally done things like that by trying to lock my phone when I wasn't at the home screen (and entering multi-tap by mistake)

This should also have no noticeable impact on battery life. It hasn't for me.
Im not a rocket scientist (but I am a software quality engineer ). Before I installed your application I could end a call and SureType would stay active. After I installed your application ending a call would result in a brief delay and MultiTap would be activated.

The only change to my phone was the addition of your applicaiton. After removal of the application the problem was still present. I had to restore from a backup I had taken just a day earlier.

Does the theme one is using have an impact on this? I have been using the Wii theme from KRAD.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:48 PM   #156
metsfan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Im not a rocket scientist (but I am a software quality engineer ). Before I installed your application I could end a call and SureType would stay active. After I installed your application ending a call would result in a brief delay and MultiTap would be activated.

The only change to my phone was the addition of your applicaiton. After removal of the application the problem was still present. I had to restore from a backup I had taken just a day earlier.

Does the theme one is using have an impact on this? I have been using the Wii theme from KRAD.
If uninstalling the program didn't fix the problem, then the program isn't the problem. Uninstalling completely removes it. Did you install something else between the backup from the day earlier and my program? Did you try installing it again after restoring the backup to see if it happened again?

I believe you're having a problem, I just can't see any way my program causes it.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:27 PM   #157
Korexz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsfan View Post
If uninstalling the program didn't fix the problem, then the program isn't the problem. Uninstalling completely removes it. Did you install something else between the backup from the day earlier and my program? Did you try installing it again after restoring the backup to see if it happened again?

I believe you're having a problem, I just can't see any way my program causes it.
I did the install using the Desktop software again, same result.

I did the install using the OTA, and it's fine.

Very strange. What would cause the difference between the DS and OTA?

You also have an uncaught exception when you clear the RGB field and try to save
Old 05-04-2007, 04:29 PM   #158
metsfan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
I did the install using the Desktop software again, same result.

I did the install using the OTA, and it's fine.

Very strange. What would cause the difference between the DS and OTA?

You also have an uncaught exception when you clear the RGB field and try to save
That's really strange. The OTA and DS should be identical.

I know about the uncaught exception, it'll be fixed at some point but isn't critical.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:18 AM   #159
MacFly
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900

hello. great program!

loaded the program with the original TMO USA firmware, colors were nice and bright! loaded TIM and now the colors seem washed out, especially the blue.

any thoughts? suggestion in how to fix the problem?
Old 05-05-2007, 01:11 AM   #160
sickmunkeyz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Cingular

open trackball and coverup the white led with black tape or scotch tape with black marker.
Closed Thread