Old 06-13-2012, 01:46 AM   #1
markeedizon
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Globe Telecom Philippines
Default email setup

Please Login to Remove!

I'm unable to set up my email. When I go to set up,then email accounts,then internet mail account. Nothing happens. So pretty much I can't set up an email account. I have BIS service. Help?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 06-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Default Re: email setup

Have you called your carrier to make sure the BB data is properly set up and activated on your account?

Have you checked out our FAQ?

If the hone is an upgrade from a previous BB, did you log into BIS and change the IMEI and PIN to that of the new device?

Have you resent the service books and done a battery pull?

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 06-13-2012, 10:46 AM   #3
markeedizon

I'll check the FAQs. Thanks!
Old 06-13-2012, 11:04 AM   #4
markeedizon

I checked out FAQs nothing helps. When I go to setup my email. When I click it nothing happens. Its should give me the loading screen for checking updates and connecting to email settings... But for my BB nothing happens. I click email setup and it doesn't even load. Pretty much like th icon for email set up has no function. Get what I'm saying? It just doesn't do anything.. :((((
Old 06-13-2012, 11:23 AM   #5
Dubdub
Appleinator

Did you do the other things I suggested?

-->>Twitter

Old 06-13-2012, 12:32 PM   #6
markeedizon

The only upgrade I had was os5 to os6. When I first set up my bb I can set up an email account. But I don't have the time to do, but now that I need to set up an email account. I can't. Do you think I need to do a security wipe?
Old 06-13-2012, 12:55 PM   #7
Dubdub
Appleinator

Once again, did you do the things I suggested above: No where did I suggest a security wipe or OS update.

Have you called your carrier to make sure the BB data is properly set up and activated on your account?

Have you checked out our FAQ?

If the phone is an upgrade from a previous BB, did you log into BIS and change the IMEI and PIN to that of the new device? - Is this a replacement or a new account?

Have you resent the service books and done a battery pull?

-->>Twitter

Last edited by Dubdub; 06-13-2012 at 12:57 PM..
Old 06-26-2012, 06:32 AM   #8
markeedizon

i did checked everything. i have BIS, checked the FAQs, BB data plan is properly setup and activated on my account. this phone is not an upgrade nor a new account.

this BB9300 is upgraded to OS 6 and when i click on set up then click on email accounts then click on internet mail account, it just goes back to the setup main page to where i can click on email accounts again. as if im just pressing the back button. nothing happens.

please check attachment. i start of with bbscreen1 then goes to bbscreen2 then after that i go to bbscreen3 then it goes back to bbscreen2 and it does not go to bbscreen4, and ofcourse im unable to create email account, what should i do? i need help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bbscreen1.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	19692   Click image for larger version

Name:	bbscreen2.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	19693   Click image for larger version

Name:	bbscreen3.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	19694   Click image for larger version

Name:	bbscreen4.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	19695  
Old 11-06-2012, 03:23 AM   #9
ashveerR

Carrier: vodacom

Hi I don't know if you sorted your blackberry email but this is 1 working fix which I had sorted myself,I did the same as you but couldn't access email settings with os6.this is what you do,downgrade to os5 and completely set up ur email and bis etc as soon as the phone comes on again.from ther hook it back up to the pc and upgrade to os6 keeping all the data from os5.easy as that but listen,you won't be able to access the email settings but you will receive email as normal,I think there is no email application for os6,there were links to have it fixed but now all are dead,also try mobile.blackberry.com and intergrate your email from there.hope this helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by markeedizon View Post
i did checked everything. i have BIS, checked the FAQs, BB data plan is properly setup and activated on my account. this phone is not an upgrade nor a new account.

this BB9300 is upgraded to OS 6 and when i click on set up then click on email accounts then click on internet mail account, it just goes back to the setup main page to where i can click on email accounts again. as if im just pressing the back button. nothing happens.

please check attachment. i start of with bbscreen1 then goes to bbscreen2 then after that i go to bbscreen3 then it goes back to bbscreen2 and it does not go to bbscreen4, and ofcourse im unable to create email account, what should i do? i need help.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:00 PM   #10
ragzmln

Carrier: vodafone

Hi. I was searching on this since almost a year! Finally today i have got the solution. The first and easy solution is to call your service provider, and set up the mail manually on their blackberry site (eg., in vodafone india- hutch.blackberry.com). However, with this option, i was not able to syncronize calender and contacts, which is one very essential feature.
The absolutely correct method is as below. I wonder why even the vodafone guys on phone didnt know about it! Read this on the blackberry official site's forum, and it worked like a charm!!

Download and install a new BlackBerry Internet Service Email Accounts/Set-up Application by navigating to the following URL using the web browser on the BlackBerry smartphone: (url not allowed to post as im a new memeber- may be the moderator can mail me to ask for the url and post it himself).

Note: In the above URL, the E and the C in EmailClient are case sensitive.

Note: <brand> corresponds to the carrier BlackBerry Internet Service brand name. e.g. (Verizon = vzw, ATT = mycingular, Rogers = rogers, T-Mobile = t-mobile). The BlackBerry smartphone user may need to contact their mobile carrier technical support to obtain the value to substitute for <brand> in the URL as it is different for each carrier. For me, i already knew it was hutch.blackberry.com/....
Old 12-02-2012, 10:44 PM   #11
stephech

Model: 9360
Carrier: koodo Canada

Not sure if this will help everyone or not, some instructions are burried in KB26055 from blackberry (do a search for blackberry KB26055 )
reload the firmware as per usual, then:

Step #2 How to install the email set-up using BlackBerry Desktop Software.

Using the BlackBerry Desktop Software connect the BlackBerry smartphone and back up the device.
Once the smartphone is connected click on applications.
Scroll through the applications and locate email set-up, select the + symbol.
Click apply on BlackBerry Desktop Software.

_________

I managed to get it working by downgrading to 7.0 from 7.1
Closed Thread