Default I'm glad Rogers isn't my carrier

Please Login to Remove!

http://www.engadget.com/2005/12/19/t...-foot-the-bil/
Old 12-22-2005, 08:06 AM   #2
corey@12mile
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: lots
Carrier: Rogers

I'm glad you are too naive to realize that this happens with pretty much every carrier.

Wanna come kick my ass?

Find me at...
http://www.frappr.com/blackberryforums
Old 12-22-2005, 10:37 AM   #3
Talldog
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey@12mile
I'm glad you are too naive to realize that this happens with pretty much every carrier.
Oh really? Give me some examples of carriers telling customers that they're responsible for $10,000 of calls when their numbers are stolen. My Cingular number was stolen and used to make over $1,000 of calls within a several hour period. Cingular's fraud unit called me and made arrangements to take care of the problem before I even knew about it.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:17 PM   #4
corey@12mile

Do you honestly believe that the people will have to pay for these calls... if it turns out that their ESN's werre being used in 2 places at the same time, it kinda leads to the thought of fraud happening somehow. They won't really have to pay... but sure... whatever.

Wanna come kick my ass?

Find me at...
Old 12-22-2005, 02:40 PM   #5
Talldog
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: Verizon

What part of that article was above your reading level? She had to secretly tape them and take them to small claims court...but sure...whatever.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:52 PM   #6
pawn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talldog
What part of that article was above your reading level? She had to secretly tape them and take them to small claims court...but sure...whatever.
Never mind that that the person with the $12k bill actually had her phone physically stolen. But hey, Corey doesn't have time to read an article before shooting his clueless mouth off about it, he's got amputees and chicks with eye patches to troll for at Eastgate Square.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:17 AM   #7
corey@12mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawn
Never mind that that the person with the $12k bill actually had her phone physically stolen. But hey, Corey doesn't have time to read an article before shooting his clueless mouth off about it, he's got amputees and chicks with eye patches to troll for at Eastgate Square.
Hey pawn... I don't think you quite understand things... I don't hang at eastgate, nor have I ever said I did... I grew up in the east end yes, but I don't live there now... it's kinda funny how you are so knowledgable about what goes on at eastgate... you must spend a lot of time there...

You are just some wannabe yuppie goof with nothing better to do than think you are better than people who can kick your ass all over the place... Go sit in a corner pawn... or do you have nothing better to do than try to critique my posts? If that's all you do, which seems the case... you really are a loser.

loser... yet again... get a life dude...

oh, and merry christmas.

cd.

Wanna come kick my ass?

Find me at...
Old 12-23-2005, 08:46 AM   #8
Mantis
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7290

im not gonna critisize anyone's post. this is enjoyable, tis' a slow day...
Old 12-23-2005, 08:58 AM   #9
clyde_turkey
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800r
Carrier: Robbers Wireless
Default Yawn.. FUD from an American

There are consumer protection services available in Canada to keep people from having to pay for these ungodly bills. No doubt since she was a law professor, she wanted to prove her point publicly in order to ensure that no one has to go through the hoops she need to get Rogers to admit they were wrong.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:54 PM   #10
kirwoodd
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: verizon

good point clyde,
AND,
I read engadget too, but they are not known for their journalistic hmm, "completeness". they dont do ANY fact checking at all, which is generally ok, and in fact frequently funny.

So it may all be true, but this could be the start of an urban myth. It does kind of smack of urban legend doesnt it? Someone gets charged $12k for charges made to a stolen phone and the company tells her tough noogies? I guess it could happen, but remember, nobody ever strapped a JATO unit to a plymouth.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:09 AM   #11
Jase88

Model: PlayB
Carrier: Bell Mobility

This story has been widely reported on--and the Endgaget "version" is full of factual errors.

For example, the "cloning" incident back in 1998 refers to an incident involving an analog phone.

And this latest incident--with the Drummonds--was the result of a stolen phone and has nothing to do with cloning whatsoever. Mrs. Drummond's position was that Rogers failed to notify her of the fraudulent use. Despite Rogers using technology which can identify unusual calling patterns and flag them as possibly fraudulent.

Rogers has since apologized and removed the charges from the customer's bill.

Last edited by Jase88; 12-24-2005 at 12:11 AM..
Old 12-24-2005, 12:17 AM   #12
pawn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey@12mile
Hey pawn... I don't think you quite understand things... I don't hang at eastgate, nor have I ever said I did... I grew up in the east end yes, but I don't live there now... it's kinda funny how you are so knowledgable about what goes on at eastgate... you must spend a lot of time there...

You are just some wannabe yuppie goof with nothing better to do than think you are better than people who can kick your ass all over the place... Go sit in a corner pawn... or do you have nothing better to do than try to critique my posts? If that's all you do, which seems the case... you really are a loser.

loser... yet again... get a life dude...

oh, and merry christmas.

cd.
You win in advance. Being from East Hamilton, you're almost certainly a chick with a penis or an HIV ridden meth adict. Either way I want nothing to do with physical contact with you. Therefore, YOU WIN TOUGH GUY (GIRL?).
Old 12-24-2005, 12:22 AM   #13
Jase88

Model: PlayB
Carrier: Bell Mobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawn
You win in advance. Being from East Hamilton, you're almost certainly a chick with a penis or an HIV ridden meth adict. Either way I want nothing to do with physical contact with you. Therefore, YOU WIN TOUGH GUY (GIRL?).
Both of you are acting very poorly--please take your spat to a private area somewhere...I'm sure I'm not alone here in saying that I don't care to read crap like this....and it shouldn't be publicly posted.
Closed Thread