BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 02:06 PM   #21
pdshepherd
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Just got it at sprint store in Nashville. Very nice looking. Will report how it works after a good charge!
Old 05-15-2007, 12:00 AM   #22
No Longer Registered.

hey pdshepherd, where is your review on the item you bought off of Sprint?
Interested on how much you got this one for?

Anyway, I have this arriving on the 17th of May. Looking on eBay, that place is saturated with fake ones and authentic ones. I don't know about you, though price sometimes does not play in our buying decision, more often it does, especially us gadget addicts who always change our accessories together with our mobile toys. So to make sure that we get the ORIGINAL ones, and looking at amazon.com where they are offering this item priced at $120.00+, I'll sell this to members only for $114.99/ea (no tax) plus $5.00 USPS PRIORITY shipping.

I was looking forward to selling this at $135.00 since it retails at $149.99 at store.motorola.com, but what the heck, I want everybody to get an original one at a low price.

I myself will get one and will review it with my 8700g!

edit: So here are the photos!!!!

I have listed this on eBay as well. And oh, local merchandise pick up is available.

Last edited by No Longer Registered.; 05-16-2007 at 11:34 PM..

Old 05-18-2007, 10:49 PM   #23
pdshepherd
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Sorry for the delay in getting my review out!

I got to say I love the size and coolness of it!

Performance is about as good as my last motorola H700 but the more you work to figure out which ear piece fits best the better the performance.

Battery life is great, no issue at all.

My one CON is that you really cant leave this headset in all the time because it completely blocks your hearing out of the ear its in, also it isnt the MOST comfortable.

The point is: if your a gadget guy this is your headset. If not there is probably a better all around unit out there.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:16 PM   #24
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8330
PIN: S AND NEEDLES
Carrier: VZW

Do I get to look like Beckham if I get one?

Seriously, how did it handle wind noise? any better than other headsets? I live in a perpetually windy town (but not the windy city) and this is my major beef with the BT headsets.

R2

edit: Nice photos, CC

Last edited by 003402; 05-18-2007 at 11:17 PM.. Reason: comment
Old 05-20-2007, 11:47 PM   #25
No Longer Registered.

First off, you are very welcome 003402 for the comment. I was charging it when I took that picture and realized my shoe

I agree with pdshepherd when it comes to leaving this headset in your ear. You know when you cover your ears with your fingers and you can't hear anything but your heartbeat? At first it was kind of weird and disorienting. But then again, seeing people walking around the mall, or doing grocery with their headset on has always been OVERRATED for me. So I really don't mind not having it in me all the time. I always put it in when I'm either driving, and or actually using it. Not really into owning a Bluetooth Headset just for the looks of it.

So here is my 2 cents....

This headset is really light to leave in your ear. I used it for a couple of hours talking to my best friend and didn't feel any pain or weight that you usually get when you have your bluetooth headset weighing down on your ear. So that is a very big plus for me.

Next, battery.... the cool thing about this is that, the headset comes with the charging cradle that functions not only as a charger station for the bluetooth headset, but also functions as a portable wireless charger when on the go (no batteries needed). So when you charge your headset using your wall charger, once full, it automatically charges the charging cradle for you. No manning needed and or fear of over charging on either of both.

Voice quality.... having owned a few bluetooth headsets, from Nokia BH-800, Nokia BH-700, Plantronics 645, 640e and the 655 for my 8700g, on my end, the voice quality is not as clear as the miniblue H9. Though I could not really say the voice quality on the other end (the person I'm talking to) since I didn't get any complaints, I believe that it is great. More testing required on this though to give a better feedback.

Pairing.... one of the best thing about this headset, once you remove the headset from the charger, it automatically turns on and pairs to your BlackBerry or whatever phone you are pairing it with. So when I see I have a phone call, remove and answer. Very convenient.

Would I recommend this headset a best buy? I would say, if you are looking to buy because you need one, this is a good buy. But if you already have something that is working for you, then stick with what you have. Invest on some other accessories other than a bluetooth headset . But anybody I know that are looking to get one, I would definitely say, try the miniblue H9. I love this!

Closed Thread