Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 09:05 PM   #1
bubbaman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon
Default Best Bluetooth hands-free for vehicle

Please Login to Remove!

As the title states, what is the best hands-free kit for a vehicle. I always used to have the professional install motorola kits that did ok. Is there something else out there that is better?

Also, If you have two phones while travelling, can both phones work with a bluetooth hands free kit at the same time? ie, I want them to both be connected but the first phone to ring will start working with the hands-free?
Old 07-18-2007, 07:53 AM   #2
CTylerPace

Model: 8800C
Carrier: Cingular

I'm using a Parrot CK3100 in my Ford 500 with my 8800 and it works pretty well. I bought adapter cables from Crutchfield that connect the CK3100 through the factory stereo so there was no cutting or splicing of cables required. It will only pair with one phone at a time however - it won't connect to 2 at the same time.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:13 AM   #3
LarryH
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

I realize that you're looking for an installed solution that will interface with the car's radio, etc. For me, after tons of aftermarket installs of stereo/gps gear (all great) I've settled on a very simple (though not elegant) solution.

I picked up a Blueant Supertooth Light. It simply clips onto my visor and will pair with a number of device (five, I think.) The incoming volume is superb and, depending on how noisy your car is, I've had no complaints about the outgoing audio either.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:05 PM   #4
Bounce
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMO

Don't know what type of car you drive, but best option is to talk to your dealer and see if they have a kit available for your car. This is the case with most newer cars, because now a days almost all cars are coming with the kit pre-installed or available as a package option and such.

My car (Acura TL 2005) has the BT linked right now. It is really good because the mic sensor etc is placed in a location that is not affected by wind-noise, which means i can drive w/ the windows open and still be heard clearly.

Dealers are even offering this on older model cars, so best to look into it for a good fitting kit!
Old 07-31-2007, 05:10 PM   #5
kj2

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telcel de Mexico

Bounce is right but if you want a kit;
I'm using a Parrot 3000 Evolution,in a Pontiac G6 with a BB 8100 pearl,Works flawlessly,it uses the voice dialing from the bb exactly as if you had activated the voice dialing function,totally hands free.

I had to buy a harness from a place in California,great product ,great service quickconnectproducts,guys name is Howard.It installed in an hour and configuration took 2 min. So far so Good !! No complaints !

Last edited by kj2; 07-31-2007 at 05:12 PM..
Closed Thread