BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 11:59 AM   #41
nvdfw

Model: 7290
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Couple of weeks ago I bought the T-Mobile BB 8700 and when connecting over BT to my laptop, they get connected but in less than 5 seconds BB reports connection lost again.

BB already has OS 4.1.0.284.
PC running WinXP with PCMCIA BT Belkin card.

Desktop manager works fine over USB

Something tricky. BB Device Manager does not enable the BT settings, weird because WinXP shows the icon enabled.

Any comment please?
Old 06-11-2007, 12:03 AM   #42
BerryBod

Model: 8700g
Carrier: Telstra

It might be worth a try. Something is better than nothing.

How do I get the 4.2 OS upgrade?

Sorry if it's a dumb question. I'm a corporate user in Australia using the Telstra service. Is this something I can just download from somewhere?

Thks
Old 06-17-2007, 07:43 PM   #43
mr. smith.
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700v
Carrier: vodafone

My first 8700 experienced similar problems with bluetooth, kept dropping out and not able to recognise other devices, my Motorola V3X has no such issues, my next course of action was to ring the disributors to find out why this was happening, their first question was, how old is it, my reply, 11 mths. Good, says the gentleman on the other end, bring it in and we will replace it with a new one, of course l did this and left his store with a shiny new one, all good.
Seems not even the distributors want to tackle this one, they told me they were not allowed to repair them but to replace all faulty units with new handsets and return replaced units to Blackberry.
This glitch aside, it's still without doubt the best available handheld on the market.
Old 08-12-2007, 02:57 PM   #44
fcorrado

Model: 8700c
Carrier: cingular, now crappy att

yes, I have this problem with my 8700c phone connected to my Prius handsfree. I've tried Motorola phones connected to my Prius and it does not have the problem. I've tried a second 8700c and it has the same problem. It's really back how it disconnects every 30 seconds. It also happens in bursts, meaning that it will do it all the time and then sometimes it does not do it at all. I'm convinced that it's a problem with Blackberry and it's very bad that no one response a solution or some firmware upgrade to fix this. I'm considering upgrading to the curve just to see if this problem goes away, but I since I've not heard from Blackberry about the issue, I'm concerned that their customer service is not worth staying with the company and moving on to a different phone.

wishing my phone was more solid
~fern
Closed Thread