BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 06:50 PM   #21
rwilliamtaylor
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: verizon

Please Login to Remove!

I tried it. Holux 231 with a Verizon BB 7130e. It works fine. It will show you where you are on a google maps kind of screen with a red arrow that tracks along the route. It will give you routing information, and turn by turn, but there are no voice prompts. You can also show the actual text directions at the bottom or switch to display that gives you your cuurrent road and all cross streets (as well as your heading and speed).
Old 12-20-2006, 05:20 PM   #22
blackstrawberry

Model: 8700v

Hey every1,
I live in the Middle East and was wonderin if anyone knows how I can download the friggin map data onto my Blackberry 8700g??? coz BBMaps supports my country but can only work with a data plan (just like the rest). And here we dont have no unlimited data plans, my provider charges me for every KB.

How on earth can there not even be 1 piece of software that does this??? I mean you get software for every other bluetooth phone including those cheap ass nokias so why the hell not the Blackberry??? Im no fan of subscription services and would highly appreciate it if someone knows of a solution to this ridiculous problem. Thanks.

Cheers.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:45 PM   #23
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstrawberry
Hey every1,
I live in the Middle East and was wonderin if anyone knows how I can download the friggin map data onto my Blackberry 8700g??? coz BBMaps supports my country but can only work with a data plan (just like the rest). And here we dont have no unlimited data plans, my provider charges me for every KB.

How on earth can there not even be 1 piece of software that does this??? I mean you get software for every other bluetooth phone including those cheap ass nokias so why the hell not the Blackberry??? Im no fan of subscription services and would highly appreciate it if someone knows of a solution to this ridiculous problem. Thanks.

Cheers.

Sorry no BB devices store the maps on the device at this time so you need data, lots of it. Its not the BT or anything its how you get the maps.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:05 AM   #24
evilcaptain
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

I paired my 7105 with a holux 240 and it works great. Like everyone said it gives you only a map, directional arrow and speed. No voice. I was driving with it on the street and it tracked fine but once I entered the highway, it kind of lost me until I got off the highway. I need to test it some more.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:15 AM   #25
brucejr
BlackBerry Master

Model: 666
Carrier: ?

My Wayfinder Navigator 6 and Globalsat BT359W work great! I also get voice prompts.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:12 AM   #26
evilcaptain
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

More testing reveals that my 7105 cannot keep up on the highway. It is always behind. A BB with more horsepower should have better results I think. Has anyone with a 8700 and better model tried GPS with maps?
Old 12-29-2006, 01:37 AM   #27
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

PIN: Agaboobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcaptain
More testing reveals that my 7105 cannot keep up on the highway. It is always behind. A BB with more horsepower should have better results I think. Has anyone with a 8700 and better model tried GPS with maps?

Yes mine keeps up fine even on the highway. Could be your data connection speed too. Maybe it needs Edge. I have not tested it on GRPS only.
Closed Thread