Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 10:48 AM   #1
elkuco09

Model: 7130e
PIN: N/A
Carrier: sprint
Default Guide to put mp3 Ringtones in 7130e with out internet

Please Login to Remove!

Hello guys, I just found out an easiest way on how to put mp3 ringtones on my 7130e with out downloading from a website.

1. Download and Install
a) Blackberry Desktop Manager (latest version 4.2.1.8)
b) Blackberry JDE Component Package 4.2.1
c) Blackberry JDE 4.2.1

2. Open JDWP under Blackberry JDE 4.2.1

3. Where it says Device change that to 7130e or your specific model, if your cellphone model does not appear there then try downloading Blackberry JDE 4.1 which has some of the older version models.

4. After selecting your cellphone model, click where it says launch simulator

5. Open your Blackberry Desktop Manager, and on your simulator click on simulate then USB cable connected. you will see that your desktop manager is linking to you blackberry simulator

6. On your desktop manager, double click on media manager and windows should pop out. This window allows you to transfer any mp3 ringtones from your computer to your device.
NOTE: you can only transfer files no greater than 250 Kb.

7. After transfering all your ringtones, close the media manager and then double click on BACKUP AND RESTORE. After backup and restore is open, click where it says advanced. a second window should pop up and you are gonna look CONTENT STORE under your device database (right hand side), and you are going to move that file to your left. Then, close that windows and save it.

8. Uncheck USB CABLE CONNECTED in your device simulator.

9. Connect your cellphone thru USB and wait until desktop manager links with it.

10. Once it is linked go double click on BACK UP AND RESTORE again and then click on restore, you will look for the file that you just have saved. it should be under my documents folder or under your default folder.

11. Then click OK and KABON BOON you have mp3 ringtones in your device.

It sounds that there are lot of steps but in reality is not.

This method is for the people who do not have internet in there cellphone and cannot go online with their device to download mp3 ringtones.

In my own personal opinion it is better than going online and looking for the file you want and download it. Beside that with this method you do not have to worried about how to upload your mp3 ringtones or what website should i used to upload mp3 ringtones.

If you guys have any question or doubt just reply and I will try to help as much as I can.

I have to give the credits to KennyC and HuwSy which has helping me out in other threads.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:52 AM   #2
mramd71
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
PIN: 30156275

This is a great guide, but i have one question where does the ringtone go? I looked for on my bb but cant find it.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkuco09 View Post
Hello guys, I just found out an easiest way on how to put mp3 ringtones on my 7130e with out downloading from a website.

1. Download and Install
c) Blackberry JDE 4.2.1

3. Where it says Device change that to 7130e or your specific model, if your cellphone model does not appear there then try downloading Blackberry JDE 4.1 which has some of the older version models.

5. Open your Blackberry Desktop Manager, and on your simulator click on simulate then USB cable connected. you will see that your desktop manager is linking to you blackberry simulator

6. On your desktop manager, double click on media manager and windows should pop out. This window allows you to transfer any mp3 ringtones from your computer to your device.

7. After transfering all your ringtones, close the media manager and then double click on BACKUP AND RESTORE. After backup and restore is open, click where it says advanced. a second window should pop up and you are gonna look CONTENT STORE under your device database (right hand side), and you are going to move that file to your left. Then, close that windows and save it.

9. Connect your cellphone thru USB and wait until desktop manager links with it.

10. Once it is linked go double click on BACK UP AND RESTORE again and then click on restore, you will look for the file that you just have saved. it should be under my documents folder or under your default folder.

This method is for the people who do not have internet in there cellphone and cannot go online with their device to download mp3 ringtones.

In my own personal opinion it is better than going online and looking for the file you want and download it. Beside that with this method you do not have to worried about how to upload your mp3 ringtones or what website should i used to upload mp3 ringtones.

If you guys have any question or doubt just reply and I will try to help as much as I can.

I have to give the credits to KennyC and HuwSy which has helping me out in other threads.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:33 AM   #3
elkuco09

the ringtones should be stored under the folder that are the default ringtones. just do the same steps that you do to change the ringtones and it should be there.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:09 PM   #4
g0lesa01

Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
the ringtones should be stored under the folder that are the default ringtones. just do the same steps that you do to change the ringtones and it should be there.
What website can I get the things you said to download?
Old 05-13-2007, 04:23 PM   #5
elkuco09

you can easily download it from the blackberry website. or you can just search it on google and you should be able to download it.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:43 PM   #6
g0lesa01

Quote:

1. Download and Install
c) Blackberry JDE 4.2.1

Ok where do I install the blackberry JDE componet package 4.2 and and JDE 4.21? because its tellling me i need to update something to version 1.5. any help would be nice.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:49 PM   #7
elkuco09

i think what it is asking you is to install java. just install the latest version. i think the latest version is 1.5.0.5 or something like that. i didnt have that problem when i installed.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:24 PM   #8
g0lesa01

never mind

Last edited by g0lesa01; 05-14-2007 at 01:45 AM..
Old 05-14-2007, 12:45 AM   #9
g0lesa01

got it

Last edited by g0lesa01; 05-14-2007 at 01:46 AM..
Old 05-14-2007, 12:59 AM   #10
g0lesa01

thanks for the help

Last edited by g0lesa01; 05-14-2007 at 01:46 AM..
Old 05-14-2007, 08:13 PM   #11
Mughal

Model: 8100
Carrier: rogers
Default would this work for all mp3 compatible blackberry's

would this method work with all mp3 compatible blackberry's? I'm thinking the only mp3 based blackberrys are the 8700's, 8800 and 8100, am I correct or are there more blackberry models that can set mp3's as ringtones?

thanks for the help in advance!

Mughal
Old 05-15-2007, 12:27 AM   #12
elkuco09

as far as i know my BB 7130e plays mp3 as ringtones, also the 7100g something like that. i think pretty much ever blackberry does as long as you have the latest OS version installed on your phone.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:24 AM   #13
Mughal

Model: 8100
Carrier: rogers

some of them don't have mp3's as ringtones, but I guess my questions is, the ones that are can set Mp3's as ringtones, How would you go about it if I have an external file that was on my desktop? can you USB the file from the PC to the device some how?

Most importantly, can I email myself the file as an attachement and open and save this as a ringtone?
Old 05-15-2007, 11:53 AM   #14
elkuco09

it seems that you havent read the first post and the tittle of this thread.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:11 AM   #15
kevalson

Carrier: Verizon

When I run the JDWP, I get "Cannot open port '8000'. Please choose another port.

Any ideas?

I installed al the above software.
Closed Thread