BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 09:39 AM   #21
Outrigger
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8820
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

I don't think there is nearly enough of complaint of 3G issues for RIM to do any hardware updates. Even if the entire 9000 users on this board complain of issues, that still constitute a tiny fraction of all 9000 users around the world. Do I wish RIM would do something to address the issues? Of course. Is it likely? Not a chance.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:58 AM   #22
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

Model: 8900
Carrier: None

no one knows for sure whether its a hardware issue or the radio coding... give it time for RIM to come out with updates... i would say after a couple months after it being released on AT&T and if the radio is still having issues, then maybe it might be hardware related... but only time will tell
Old 09-15-2008, 09:58 AM   #23
pizzaman383
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700c
Carrier: cingular/At&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsnadel View Post
I would think it very normal for RIM to a) update the hardware at various points during the lifecycle of any device (as do many other companies), and b) not recall any previously-sold devices based solely on the modifications made, assuming those other devices do work as promised. That said, if individuals bring to the attention of their cell provider problems that are fixed by the modifications and the device is still under warranty, they would stand a decent change of getting the original replaced with a refurb. But so long as the device is working the way the specs claim, I think that's a risk early adopters take.
This is right on the money. I purchased an 8700 in the first six months of its availability on e-bay. I also had a company-provided 8700 that I got about a year after the 8700 came out. There were minor revisions that I noticed when looking at them side by side with the batteries out. I can't remember the differences (this was over a year ago that I looked) but there were some.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:59 AM   #24
carsmovies
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outrigger View Post
I don't think there is nearly enough of complaint of 3G issues for RIM to do any hardware updates. Even if the entire 9000 users on this board complain of issues, that still constitute a tiny fraction of all 9000 users around the world. Do I wish RIM would do something to address the issues? Of course. Is it likely? Not a chance.
I agree. Also I wouldn't be surprised if most of the ppl that say they are having 3g issues didn't use a 3g phone before and just don't know what to expect. I'm sure that the 3g network in the States just isn't up to par with the rest of the world yet anyways cause they have so much land to cover. I've already used 3 different bolds and several of my friends have bolds in the GTA and none of us are having 3g issues. Ok, once in a while in my basement it drops to Edge but shortly after it goes back to 3g. That's not a 3g issue.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:56 PM   #25
Sprialvortex

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

My 8310, 8300, 8800, and 8700 all seem to drop to GPRS sometimes, must be an EDGE issue =D. So the 3G network isnt the best, thats why the phone is programmed to handoff to the 2g network. Hell until a year ago, CDMA phones would go from 3g to 2g to first gen networks if coverage was spotty.
Closed Thread