Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 10:04 AM   #1
Kyos
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint
Thumbs up PhoneFusion Brings Enhanced Visual Voicemail to BlackBerry

Please Login to Remove!

If you haven’t yet heard of Fusion Voicemail Plus by PhoneFusion, prepare to be impressed. In a nutshell, Fusion Voicemail Plus centralizes all of your voicemail boxes and presents your voicemail messages visually on your mobile handset. Instead of receiving voicemails in separate boxes for your mobile number, home number, VoIP number, office number, etc everything goes to your PhoneFusion One voicemail box. The messages are then displayed visually on your handset a la iPhone. Each entry displays caller info and incoming number along with your number corresponding to the relevant phone service (so you know if the caller dialed your mobile number or home number for example). And did we mention that the service is completely free? Excellent. Phone Fusion has a long-standing history providing the Fusion Voicemail Plus service for Windows Mobile. The service is currently in beta for BlackBerry but expect a solid offering upon signing up. To get going, simply hit the read link and enter your info. You’ll see a message that your handset is not currently supported but you can then sign up for the beta. After Doing so, you’ll get an SMS on your mobile with a download link to snag the BlackBerry app. Beyond BlackBerry, Phone Fusion is also currently working on cooking up Symbian, Android, Linux Mobile, Palm and Java versions as well. Tie Fusion Voicemail Plus in with a voicemail to text service like SpinVox and you’ve most definitely got our vote for President.

PhoneFusion Brings Enhanced Visual Voicemail to BlackBerry : Boy Genius Report
Old 06-24-2008, 10:06 AM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

**moved to Aftermarket Software section**
Old 06-24-2008, 11:14 AM   #3
WillJitsu
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
PIN: 318B717B

Does anyone know how to properly set up the forwarding for Sprint? I couldn't find exact documentation on how to forward just the Busy/No Answer/Unavailable calls.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:20 AM   #4
andrews240

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

An hour past and still no download link. It seems that many people are having the same problem. Maybe they jumped the gun on this release.

UPDATE: I got my link(with an apology) but the app seems to just sit there with "Fusion Voicemail Plus:" in the upper left and nothing else. Not even a log in screen or option in the menu. Has anyone else been able to get this setup?

Last edited by andrews240; 06-24-2008 at 11:58 AM..
Old 06-24-2008, 11:34 AM   #5
gibber9583
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
PIN: ?
Carrier: AT&T

i got my download link...still havent set this up yet though....

http://www.phonefusion.com/downloads...cemailPlus.jad
Old 06-24-2008, 11:48 AM   #6
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

I was hoping this would be an alternative to PhoneTag, but PhoneFusion doesn't seem to offer any type of voice-to-text transcription, even as a fee based service.
I still need to listen to my messages, which I don't want to do.

Fusion seems cool for those who just want to selectively listen to their messages in the order they want, but I'll be sticking with PhoneTag for now.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:08 PM   #7
str8down
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: BOLD
Carrier: AT&T

I got it installed. You can't setup your greeting online, you have to call the number to do it. The client is very buggy, I get notification the message, but it cant hit the server to DL the actual message. The Icon doesn't have a "new message" star like Phonetag, so you don't know when you get a new message. You cant change your username from the cryptic 12 number login they give you. You can change the password, but again, you have to call the number to do it, can't be done from the web "portal". I guess I shouldn't complain, being that it's free, but PhoneTag and Youmail are FAR superior so far.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:23 PM   #8
fonejunkie
Just me

Model: iFone
PIN: Not on my iPhone5
Carrier: iPhone5 on AT&T Mobility

Wow... I was just coming here to post this... seems like there are a few 'issues' with rolling it out, at least initially... and I was getting pretty excited about it. For now, I will just sit back and let someone else experience the bloody fingers first.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:52 PM   #9
cgfj

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: alltel

What's the number you have to call to set up a custom greeting?
Old 06-24-2008, 12:56 PM   #10
cwinters
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900

Installed smoothly for me. Was a little perplexed by the black screen when opening the program but when a voice mail was left; it popped up right away and I figured things out quite easily. Seemed like a great free app but my phone (4.2.1.107) locked up when I tried to delete a message from the hand held. Waited a few minutes and hand to do a battery pull. Tried again with same result. Had to delete program...
Old 06-24-2008, 01:04 PM   #11
WillJitsu
Thumbs Must Hurt

How are you guys setting up the forwarding for Busy/No Answer/Unavailable calls? I have Sprint and the only documentation I can find shows how to forward ALL incoming calls to another number. Thanks!
Old 06-24-2008, 01:36 PM   #12
andrews240

Model: 8100

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinters View Post
Installed smoothly for me. Was a little perplexed by the black screen when opening the program but when a voice mail was left; it popped up right away and I figured things out quite easily. Seemed like a great free app but my phone (4.2.1.107) locked up when I tried to delete a message from the hand held. Waited a few minutes and hand to do a battery pull. Tried again with same result. Had to delete program...
I still just have the black screen, even when I get a new voice mail. I can see that the new voice mail came through on the web portal but it never hits my phone. Is there any settings that I should be looking at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgfj
What's the number you have to call to set up a custom greeting?
You dial your mobile number. Press * during the stock greeting and just follow the prompts.

Last edited by andrews240; 06-24-2008 at 01:38 PM..
Old 06-24-2008, 02:22 PM   #13
nomoreq
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

Try youmail>. I have been using it for a couple of months and I love it. Works flawlessly..
YouMail Sign In

Last edited by nomoreq; 06-24-2008 at 02:27 PM..
Old 06-24-2008, 04:20 PM   #14
JNHohol

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
How are you guys setting up the forwarding for Busy/No Answer/Unavailable calls? I have Sprint and the only documentation I can find shows how to forward ALL incoming calls to another number. Thanks!
I was trying to figure out how to forward only unanswered calls as well. I read the post that suggested trying YouMail and it is in there set-up instructions.

You have to call Sprint and request it with a representative. Then it costs $0.20 per forward. I am going to call and see if that only cost during my 7am-7pm 450 mins. time. If it is $0.20 cents each time, I don't think it's worth it.

I will update when I hear from Sprint.

Damn iPhone, no I've found out something that it can do that I can't (that I actually would want).
Old 06-24-2008, 04:23 PM   #15
WillJitsu
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNHohol View Post
I was trying to figure out how to forward only unanswered calls as well. I read the post that suggested trying YouMail and it is in there set-up instructions.

You have to call Sprint and request it with a representative. Then it costs $0.20 per forward. I am going to call and see if that only cost during my 7am-7pm 450 mins. time. If it is $0.20 cents each time, I don't think it's worth it.

I will update when I hear from Sprint.

Damn iPhone, no I've found out something that it can do that I can't (that I actually would want).
Oh that's gonna suck if it's really $0.20 for every voicemail. It wouldn't be worth it then.

I'll wait for your update.

Thanks!
Old 06-24-2008, 04:57 PM   #16
JNHohol

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
Oh that's gonna suck if it's really $0.20 for every voicemail. It wouldn't be worth it then.

I'll wait for your update.

Thanks!
Yep, were on the outside looking in, $0.20 a forward, all day & every day.

What really sucks is that the New "iPhone Killer" the Instinct has it available.

This is not available for any other phone right now and is not planned to be released on any other phone.

I remember reading in a blog that Verizon will be offering Visual Voicemail for there BlackBerry's soon, so maybe that will motivate Sprint to add it too.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:10 AM   #17
cwinters
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900

I am not exactly sure how you would manually forward calls with the Sprint platform. For TMobile you have to go to the call log screen>menu>options>call forwarding. That screen gives you the choice of forwarding "all calls" or "unanswered calls" and you simply change the phone number listed to the one supplied by phone fusion.
Closed Thread