BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 08:41 PM   #1
maz94protege

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon/AT&T
Default Wow, Disgruntled Blackberry Owners

Please Login to Remove!

I have sold both of my blackberries over the years, and after research, i have found my old PIN's. So with the wifes new 9530 Storm, i attempted for kicks, just to see who owned them, if they were still being used and where they ended up.

Both my 8100 Tmobile Pearl and my old 8830 WE through VZW are still active, and the current owners are complete jack@$$'. I was just saying Hi, and that i was the previous owner of the devices, and they just lashed back at me saying "WTF are you?", "WHy are you messaging me?"

I'm very surprised at this, im taken back by the hostility.

So if any of you had either of my old PINs, sorry, if you messaged me and somone was an @$$, sorry it was NOT me.

Anyone else have this issue?
30GB Video
8GB iPhone 3G
Old 10-28-2009, 08:47 PM   #2
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T

Well I wouldn't classify them as "Disgruntled". I would say more like surprised and imposed upon. A lot of people value their privacy and since they bought the device they feel entitled. While I wouldn't freak out I don't think that I would be very receptive to a stranger sending me PINS. I would just make some new friends here in the BB Messenger chat friend section and you will find a lot of new people that are willing to chat!

Good Luck!

E-

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Old 10-28-2009, 08:50 PM   #3
maz94protege

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon/AT&T

I can see your point, but i had alot of random people always msg me, i never got negative towards them, the easiest thing to do is ignore them. Its not like they pay per data message.

Oh well...
30GB Video
8GB iPhone 3G
Old 10-29-2009, 09:31 AM   #4
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

I wouldn't want anyone I didn't know messaging me either.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:36 AM   #5
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

lol, this would be like if I called a phone number I had a few years and said, "hey you have my old phone number, hiya".

Yea, if someone did that to me I would think it odd.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:03 PM   #6
F5fstop
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A

If it was me, you would not have received a WTF, you would have received a WTFAY that would have been fully type...Who the **** are you, and the middle word would have been all caps, bolded, underlined for more emphasis.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:29 PM   #7
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

That's nice...

Maz94 - maybe some people don't like stalkers!
Old 11-01-2009, 08:55 AM   #8
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Wirelessly posted (overwhelmingly stressed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders
lol, this would be like if I called a phone number I had a few years and said, "hey you have my old phone number, hiya".

Yea, if someone did that to me I would think it odd.
I am so doing this

Gonna call my old sprint and att #'s
Old 11-01-2009, 09:56 AM   #9
wabbit
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Droid
PIN: PONG???
Carrier: verizon

idk maybe they felt weird or stalked. most people that buy stuff don't want to hear from the person they got it from. just me. i would be freaked out a little.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:14 AM   #10
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted (8820)

I have to agree with the others. Might be different if you saw your old truck in the Home Depot parking lot and asked the owner how it's been running. Maybe. Not the same with a blackberry. That's more like showing up in your old apartment and asking the current occupants how they like it. Just the way it is.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:49 PM   #11
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

I would totally not appreciate it if someone did that to me. I would probably give them a reply they would not like and it might not be polite.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:36 PM   #12
CoDudette

Model: iOS
PIN: OT Noir.
Carrier: Vodafone IN

actually..the number that i use right now, i've been using since i had a cellphone. which was..gosh darn it i don't remember! so i wouldn't know!

although i was ringing my friend who had inadvertently changed her number and we didn't know. a really old guy picked up her cell and i was like.. 'uh...is so and so there?' and the guy would go.. 'my dear you must be the 20th person to ring and ask for this girl. is she someone very important?' he was soo cute!
Old 11-03-2009, 01:53 PM   #13
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoDudette View Post
actually..the number that i use right now, i've been using since i had a cellphone. which was..gosh darn it i don't remember! so i wouldn't know!

although i was ringing my friend who had inadvertently changed her number and we didn't know. a really old guy picked up her cell and i was like.. 'uh...is so and so there?' and the guy would go.. 'my dear you must be the 20th person to ring and ask for this girl. is she someone very important?' he was soo cute!
Would you care to speculate on how old "really old" is for this gentleman. And once you do, I know that I'll be many years past that!
Old 11-08-2009, 03:05 AM   #14
Noodle22

Model: 8520
Carrier: Rogers

I've had my number for almost three years now, and I've just started getting collection calls for this asian guy and woman. For about 6 months now!

I've had to unsubscribe my number from multiple creditors who had been leaving me threatening messages if they didn't call them. I didn't want anyone inadvertantly coming after me.

But yeah, if someone called my number and said it used to be theres, I think I'd be a little taken aback. I probably wouldn't have reacted in a mad way, just more uncomfortable and confused as to why this sudden reaching out had happened in the first place.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:05 AM   #15
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

If I got a pin message from a previous own (which probably won't happen because my BB's are new from the store ) I wouldn't freak out, I would most likely be like "ok, cool.... and how you doing" but after those formalities you would probably get removed from my BBM list.. (Or just thrown in a group at the bottom) and I don't mean that in a bad way I just think it would be awkward, and I typically have other more pending tasks to get to.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-09-2009, 05:29 PM   #16
RickCharles
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT

I tracked down my old car from high school, a 1974 Chevy Malibu. I still had the VIN number and a buddy that works for the County sherrif's office helped my track it down. So one weekend I road-tripped 750 miles and found the car parked in a mall parking lot. It had been tricked out with some sweet rims and new paint job. Anyway, I still had a spare key from when I owned it, so I got in and waited in the back seat until the current owner came out of the mall. Man what an @sshole he was!!! After he nearly had a heart attack and shot me with the pistol he kept under the front seat, I was able to explain to him who I was...but he still was pissed off. What is up with people these days?
Old 11-09-2009, 11:11 PM   #17
wabbit

Model: Droid
PIN: PONG???
Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickCharles View Post
I tracked down my old car from high school, a 1974 Chevy Malibu. I still had the VIN number and a buddy that works for the County sherrif's office helped my track it down. So one weekend I road-tripped 750 miles and found the car parked in a mall parking lot. It had been tricked out with some sweet rims and new paint job. Anyway, I still had a spare key from when I owned it, so I got in and waited in the back seat until the current owner came out of the mall. Man what an @sshole he was!!! After he nearly had a heart attack and shot me with the pistol he kept under the front seat, I was able to explain to him who I was...but he still was pissed off. What is up with people these days?
now this freaked me out.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:43 PM   #18
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickCharles View Post
What is up with someone who would get into someone else's car and wait in the back seat. No offense, but I don't think the other guy was the @sshole in that situation. He should have called the cops on you for breaking into his car. Just because you had a key gave you no right to enter someone else's property.

Also your friend using was inappropriately using the county sheriff's resources. He probably could be fired for that.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:02 AM   #19
Thumb-Berry

Model: 9630
PIN: Safety Pin

Dude, I would get freaked out if you did that to me? Now these people are wondering f their devices are compromised and to what extent!
You might have a bit too much time on your hands.
Get a new hobby.

Chronic Digital Abuser (12 PC's 2 Macs)
Can I do it just till I need glasses?
Old 11-10-2009, 06:35 AM   #20
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by daphne View Post
What is up with someone who would get into someone else's car and wait in the back seat. No offense, but I don't think the other guy was the @sshole in that situation. He should have called the cops on you for breaking into his car. Just because you had a key gave you no right to enter someone else's property.

Also your friend using was inappropriately using the county sheriff's resources. He probably could be fired for that.
I work for a Sheriff's Office and typically there can/will be consequences.. But I must say I probably would have acted the same way in that situation (Probably to the T).

Your car like your house if you property, if you randomly walked into your old house because you had a key from 10 years and the current owners were living home I would estimate you would get arrested or shot.

Whatever the reason you sold something and it is no longer yours therefore you have no right to physically go find it or sit in it, you have no logical reason to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumb-Berry View Post
Dude, I would get freaked out if you did that to me? Now these people are wondering f their devices are compromised and to what extent!
You might have a bit too much time on your hands.
Get a new hobby.
Well to the defense of this Statement, you might be correct but anyone who does any amount of research will know that will not be the case.

Follow me on Twitter
Closed Thread