BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 12:41 PM   #1
jsegovia

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint
Default Resyncing All Calendar Entries

Please Login to Remove!

Hello! I dont know why but I often end up with duplicate calendar entries in my Blackberry while my Lotus Notes calendar entries stay fine. If I go through and delete the duplicate entries on the Blacknerry and then resync, these come through as new delete requests and all the matching entries in Notes are deleted.

I've already wiped out my new Tour twice. What's the simplest way to get a clean calendar from Notes without wiping the handheld so I can again have two-way calendar sync?

Thanks very much in advance.

Jesse
Old 03-19-2010, 02:05 PM   #2
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsegovia View Post
Hello! I dont know why but I often end up with duplicate calendar entries in my Blackberry while my Lotus Notes calendar entries stay fine. If I go through and delete the duplicate entries on the Blacknerry and then resync, these come through as new delete requests and all the matching entries in Notes are deleted.

I've already wiped out my new Tour twice. What's the simplest way to get a clean calendar from Notes without wiping the handheld so I can again have two-way calendar sync?

Thanks very much in advance.

Jesse

Are you synching OTA or via the Desktop Manager? If it's OTA then go into the calendar>General Options and type RSET. If it's Desktop Manager then connect and click on backup/restore>Advanced and clear the calendar database from the Handhelp and then click synch.

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Old 03-22-2010, 03:37 PM   #3
jsegovia

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks very much, Thatzmister2u. The odd thing is after I rejected the calendar sync with about 4,900 deletions from the device to my Notes calendar several times, today there were just a few new and deleted items in both directions.

But again, thanks very much for the help. As this has happened twice already I'm keeping your note handy for the next time!

Jesse
Closed Thread