BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 06-24-2005, 06:23 PM   #141
dulcamara
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9810
Carrier: ATT

Please Login to Remove!

Cingular's support for this was so poor in my case that I gave up and went to link2exchange. I'd get things working, be happy for a few days, and then have to call Cingular back to see what had changed.

I figured that my time was worth more than the $20/month I'm paying link2exchange.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:35 AM   #142
Dainja

Model: 7290
Default Vodafone Sweden?

Anyone tried with Vodafone Sweden? I just got my Blackberry (like 2 days ago) and would love to be able to use msn and real internet browser. Please help a real blackberry newbie out!
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 06:41 AM   #143
gtxp

Quote:
In addition to this list, there is also another list of alternate APN's on the Internet. You may have to telephone your carrier to tell them to get the Access Point Name (APN) added to your BlackBerry mobile phone account. Here are the most common APN's, although they can change over time:[/list]
you can also find a list of APN here.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:26 AM   #144
CheesyPeas

Model: 7100V
Default Frustrating!

Following the advice at the top of this thread, I changed the APN setting to the first page's information for Vodafone UK. Then the posts came for the real APN setting.

Whenever I try and set the APN to the new one (internet, web, web) and remove the battery it defaults to the wrong one I put in first (wap.vodafone.uk) ... it was blank before, so it wasn't 'stuck' there. Now I can't change it from wap.vodafone, it just rubber bands back to it every time.

How do I fix this? Help!

Thanks in advance.

[EDIT]

Never mind, finally got it to save my plugging it into my pc between power offs to store the correct details, but verichat still doesn't work. I've put in internet/web/web, and already phoned vodafone to give unrestricted internet access and no joy. I guess vodafone uk doesn't work.

Last edited by CheesyPeas; 06-30-2005 at 10:08 AM..
Old 06-30-2005, 11:52 AM   #145
pkaravites
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8820
Carrier: AT&T

I have followed the instructions for AT&T. But my pocketday software still has a error message: java.io.IOExceptions

Any help
Old 07-02-2005, 04:47 AM   #146
Titmuktui

Model: 7100g
Default 3 Apn

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kelvin
By trial-and-error, I believe the setting is "internet". However, it is not always success. You get once for every four or five.

Kelvin
I am using 7100g ( blackberry 4.0 ) and service provider is "3 " ! U should use " Internet " in APN ! it works !
Old 07-02-2005, 10:41 AM   #147
phlyersphan

Model: 8130
Carrier: Sprint
Default If IM+ works, should WebViewer?

// UPDATE: Problem solved!!! Removing the battery and doing a hard reset fixed WebViewer. To remove the battery, I slid off the cover and held the Blackberry face-down in one palm and clapped it against the other palm. That loosened the battery enough that I could pry it out with my finger. I thought it was attached by a screw - not the case! Hope this helps somebody with a similar problem

Hi all -

I got my new Blackberry 7520 5 days ago (my first BB) - OS v4, Chicago - Nextel, no BES.

I have the IM+ instant messenger app running fine on my BB, but cannot get WebViewer to run. It instantly gives me an "unknown error" upon attempting to register or access a site. I have IM+ set to use the TCP/IP connection and not HTTP - it works fine.

If IM+ works, should WebViewer work? Or, is it possible that I still have a problem with not having a static IP address?

When I look under "status" in my BB, my IP is listed as a 10.x.x.x address, which is a private A-class address, if that is relevant at all.
//EDIT - under Options - Host Routing Tables, if I view my status there, I have a public 206.x.x.x address under "IP/Ports."

There was one tidbit in the WebViewer FAQ that said I may need to do a hard reset by removing the battery of my Blackberry - something about using the ESC key causing a problem in WebViewer. But, I can't figure out how to get the battery out! There's a small screw on the side of the battery casing... do I need to remove that? The hard reset is the only thing I haven't tried yet (aside from calling Nextel to ask about a static IP address).

What I'm thinking though is that if IM+ works over TCP/IP then WebViewer should.

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

Shelly

Last edited by phlyersphan; 07-02-2005 at 11:51 AM..
Old 07-02-2005, 11:29 AM   #148
apnm

Model: 7230
Carrier: none!
Question I followed the instructions, but...

First, thanks for the amazing amount of information…

I have a new bb7230 with t-mobile and 4.0 software. I'm an individual user, I'm not connected to a BES, so I don't have the Enterprise version of the software installed, just the plain folks one. I just bought (without trying first… oops) Reqwireless WebViewer and followed the instructions in this thread, but am still having problems.

The Reqwireless support page linked me to this thread, so I: did steps 1-3, tried to register WebViewer, but got the following error message: "Malformed Address. Returning null connection."

I called t-mobile to make sure I had wap.voicestream.com listed as an APN on my acct and I have blackberry.com on there. A second level CSR told me that I set it up right and that some 3rd-party software requires the following info: t-mobile wap gateway 216.155.165.50 port#9201. That’s Greek to me. I have no idea where to input that or even what it is! I’m a newbie. A second CSR transferred me to RIM. The RIM tehcie didn’t know about this issue and told me to contact Reqwireless. Reqwireless sent me to their support page and then told me to remember to reboot and do a soft reset:

Excerpt from Reqwireless support page:

How do I configure my BlackBerry to establish direct TCP connections to the Internet?

BlackBerry OS version 3.8 and greater supports direct TCP connections to the Internet, ... Direct TCP connections provide the appropriate connectivity for our Corporate Edition applications, without the need for a BlackBerry Enterprise Server. This configuration will likely be faster and more reliable than connecting through a WAP gateway using the Personal Edition, so Reqwireless recommends it where applicable.
Currently, a good resource for information on configuring the BlackBerry for direct TCP connections can be found in an informative discussion thread on BlackBerry Forums. You'll find details there…

Should I uninstall the corporate edition and try the personal? What else would you suggest I try? Thanks in advance.

apnm
Old 07-05-2005, 09:06 AM   #149
mike.alexander

Model: 7100v

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheesyPeas
Following the advice at the top of this thread, I changed the APN setting to the first page's information for Vodafone UK. Then the posts came for the real APN setting.

Whenever I try and set the APN to the new one (internet, web, web) and remove the battery it defaults to the wrong one I put in first (wap.vodafone.uk) ... it was blank before, so it wasn't 'stuck' there. Now I can't change it from wap.vodafone, it just rubber bands back to it every time.

How do I fix this? Help!

Thanks in advance.

[EDIT]

Never mind, finally got it to save my plugging it into my pc between power offs to store the correct details, but verichat still doesn't work. I've put in internet/web/web, and already phoned vodafone to give unrestricted internet access and no joy. I guess vodafone uk doesn't work.

I've also had no luck getting this to work with Vodafone UK (using "internet", "web" and "web", and asking Vodafone to ensure full GPRS data access was enabled on my SIM). Maybe I should try giving them another call...
Old 07-11-2005, 08:21 PM   #150
mjfox33

Model: 7290
Default blank

blank

Last edited by mjfox33; 08-06-2005 at 08:35 AM..
Old 07-20-2005, 01:42 PM   #151
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

Hi,

Try using AT&T information on your Cingular. ("proxy" and "internet"). Some people reported this works.

Cingualr is frustrating to deal with. T-Mobile is a lot easier to deal with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfox33
I have tried everything listed over the last 5 days and nothing works. I've been on the phone with about 8 different CSRs who all have told me Cingular APN with a blackberry HAS to be blackberry.net. My cingular browser will connect to virtually any website (no hotmail or mobile.msn.com though) but I cannot get this to work with BBtoday or BBweather. A couple even called blackberry directly and got the response that "since you are using a non-blackberry program you will have to contact that company for help" answer. Any ideas/thoughts on how to get cingular to actually fix this issue? Please email me directly at [email address] or PIN: ******** P.S. Am I really trying to invent perpetual motion or just set up a cingular phone to use BBtoday/BBweather? Can't really tell at this point.
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source

Last edited by Mark Rejhon; 08-16-2005 at 04:45 PM..
Old 07-21-2005, 01:45 AM   #152
lsilva7981

Model: 7750

It seems I'm stuck with a 7750 from Verizon. Any info on TCP/IP stack availability from RIM. What are they waiting for ? Are we (owners of 7750s) so unimportant ? ReqWireless WebView does not work and 7750 people should not waste their money !
Old 07-24-2005, 11:56 PM   #153
SUorange55

Model: 7100g

Has anybody tried this with Cingular? What exactly did you tell the rep that picked up the phone? I tried explaining it to them (two different reps) and it was still a no go. Any help is appreciated.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:34 PM   #154
asae

Model: 9000
Carrier: Telkomsel
Default Browser keep forcing to use BES/MDS?

Dear All,

need help, am using 7290 with Company BES but no browsing service installed in the service book. I've tried to set the TCP with APN and so on, remove and re-insert the battery couple of times but when I use the browser it always said that there are no entries on the service book. APN/user/pass is correct because it allows me to use the BB as modem and browse from laptop.

Is there any other settings that I should look at?
Old 07-27-2005, 01:33 AM   #155
asae

Carrier: Telkomsel

By the way, am using Telkomsel (Indonesia)

apn: telkomsel
user: wap
pass: wap123
Old 07-29-2005, 04:23 PM   #156
midrazin

Model: 7230
Default I have a 7290 but no MDS how can I make BB applications work

My current blackberry enterprise server provider doesn't offer MDS. I can get to the web with the T-mobile access.

I can't figure out how to tell the BB applications not to use the MDS but to use the T-Mobile access.

Here are the setting I have tried without success.

-Browser:
- Default browser configuration - set to Browser
- Defaul MDS Browser config - Browser

-Browser Push
- MDS Push is disabled

Help please

thanks

md

OK I figured it I played with it long enough I would figure it out.

Hope this helps someone.

If you don't have MDS but do have access from provider (my case t-mobile)

some of these might not be needed but here is everything I did.
open the BB applications and set them to disable MDS push
go to options and set all the browser preferences for browser
go to browser push uncheck enable mds push
go to TCP settings and enter your gateway (t-mobile was wap.voicestream.com)

for me everything is working

md

Last edited by midrazin; 08-05-2005 at 01:07 PM..
Old 07-31-2005, 01:33 AM   #157
NouveauVision

Model: 8100
Carrier: CellOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by spamber
Ok I have a blackberry 7100g with cellularone service. Has anyone managed to get the TCP/IP to work? When I enter the APN that the CSR gave me and reset my phone by taking out the battery, my browser can no longer connect. Will I have to do something special to get it to work? Its the only reason I paid full price for this phone.
Forgot to mention that I am a personal user, and I would like to use my 3rd party apps, such as telnet and IM+.
I am on Cellular One (out of Michigan's Upper Pennisula) and have successfully installed and run Pocket Express and IM+ with the following settings:

WapGatewayIP=172.23.1.252;
WapGatewayPort=9201;
WapGatewayAPN=blackberry.net

I also had the same problem with the browser not being able to connect, but was able to fix the problem by following the instructions in Mark's "Internet Browser FAQ", particularly the "Options->Host Routing Tables->Register Now".

P.S. To Mark: Great FAQ!!! With that information, I was able to "hack out" my proper settings. Thanks to all who contributed.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:21 PM   #158
Outie

Model: 7100T

Ok guys, For those of you with 7100 on cingular what plans and settings did you use to eventualy get it woriking? I have the Cingular Data Plan Unlimited + my voice plan

What else am I missing seems I cannot creat a tunnel..

Thanks
Old 08-05-2005, 02:34 AM   #159
XizorGetspeed

Model: 7100R

Sorry, I'm new here...

But I'm a little confused as to the point of all this. I haven't done any of the steps in the FAQ. I bought my berry, downloaded a demo of VeriChat and it works fine. Surfing the complete internet? What does that mean? I'm pretty sure I can go to any website I want. So far I haven't had problems.

I am a Rogers customer and own a 7100r. I can understand that if doing these steps I get all the internet features w/o the mb usage being billed to me. But I don't think that's what the post is trying to accomplished. So please, if someone could clarify, what exactly is the benefit of this?

Thanks.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:17 AM   #160
lilthrift

Carrier: AT&T
Default Alltel

Mark,

I see nothing for Alltel. I have the 7250 with them and get the bad DNS errors. Is there any fix for Alltel users?

Thanks,

lilthrift