BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 10:47 PM   #1
rj240
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Default Hotmail issue since BIS 2.5 Upgrade!

Please Login to Remove!

Help!

I have had Hotmail successfully integrated with my BIS account for the past 3-4 years. It has always polled my account every 15 minutes without any type of problem.

After the BIS 2.5 Upgrade, and reading RIM's release document BlackBerry Search Results I I was excited to finally get "Push" email from my Hotmail account, like I already get for my Gmail and Yahoo accounts.

I logged into BIS and deleted the Hotmail account and reintegrated it. After doing so, not only was I not getting "Push" email, it was completely unreliable. Sometimes I would get a message within 2 minutes, other times I would get it 5-6 hours later....

I have tried everything: removing and reintegrating in BIS (maybe 10 times), I have done multiple hard resets, Resent the service books...

I then saw this: BlackBerry Search ResultsHotmail issue and even though I have never used Windows Live Messenger, I do have it installed, so I uninstalled it from my PC. I even installed the Blackberry version thinking maybe I need it for Hotmail to work properly.

My Hotmail is still not working properly...

I am running 4.2.1.110 on a 8703e, my Outgoing emails from my BB on the Hotmail account are fine, but the incoming is completely unreliable. I get some messages (with a 10min-10 hour delay), and others I never get at all!

All my other email accounts are working fine - 2 POP3, 3 Yahoo, 1 Gmail, and 1 BB...

I would like to know:

1) Is anyone getting "Push" Hotmail on their BB thorough BIS?
2) Is anyone getting it running Device software 4.2?
3) Is there a branded "Hotmail" envelope like the Yahoo one?
4) Is there something that I am missing? I have searched all the forums, and no one seems to be having this problem...

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by rj240; 07-25-2008 at 10:49 PM.. Reason: Missing links
Old 07-25-2008, 10:58 PM   #2
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

I feel ya, I just got tired of it and stopped using Microsoft...
Old 07-26-2008, 06:31 AM   #3
Berry One
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8220
Carrier: WiFi hotspot

Check this: Email message delivery is delayed to an integrated Windows Live Hotmail account on the BlackBerry smartphone when using Windows Live Messenger on the computer
Old 07-26-2008, 06:43 AM   #4
rj240

I have a link to that document in my posting...as I wrote, didn't apply to me as I don't use Windows Live Messenger, but I deleted it from my PC anyways, and even installed the BB Version instead...didn't help!
Old 07-26-2008, 10:12 AM   #5
Berry One

Have you tried to login to WLM on blackberry? By doing that you will knock out all and any desktop WLM/MSN client and free your hotmail account.

Another option, not listed in that link, is if you have Hotmail account added to more than one blackberry - same thing will happen.

Finally, while I may not been able to help you, let me at least answer your questions:

> 1) Is anyone getting "Push" Hotmail on their BB thorough BIS?

I do. On both live.com and hotmail.com addresses I have.

> 2) Is anyone getting it running Device software 4.2?

This feature, push Hotmail email, is blackberry OS independent.

> 3) Is there a branded "Hotmail" envelope like the Yahoo one?

Hotmail does not have branded envelope like Yahoo and AOL do.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:25 PM   #6
rj240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry One View Post
Have you tried to login to WLM on blackberry? By doing that you will knock out all and any desktop WLM/MSN client and free your hotmail account.

Another option, not listed in that link, is if you have Hotmail account added to more than one blackberry - same thing will happen.

Finally, while I may not been able to help you, let me at least answer your questions:

> 1) Is anyone getting "Push" Hotmail on their BB thorough BIS?

I do. On both live.com and hotmail.com addresses I have.

> 2) Is anyone getting it running Device software 4.2?

This feature, push Hotmail email, is blackberry OS independent.

> 3) Is there a branded "Hotmail" envelope like the Yahoo one?

Hotmail does not have branded envelope like Yahoo and AOL do.
Thanks for answering my questions! I realize that it is not supposed to be Device OS Specific, but I just wanted to confirm. Nice to know that there is no Branded envelope...

And unfortunately, yes, I did install and log into Windows Live Messenger from my BB, didn't help, and the account is only linked to one BB...

Crap...
Old 07-27-2008, 10:04 PM   #7
rj240

Still haven't been able to resove the issue. Thought that everything was ok yesterday, but now I just saw two emails in my Hotmail account from over 6 hours ago that were never sent to my BB...I don't understand!

Help...anyone?
Old 07-28-2008, 08:34 AM   #8
fyb87

Model: 8900
PIN: 20F770D0 - send msg w/ request
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj240 View Post
I would like to know:

1) Is anyone getting "Push" Hotmail on their BB thorough BIS? Yes
2) Is anyone getting it running Device software 4.2? Yes
3) Is there a branded "Hotmail" envelope like the Yahoo one? Yes
4) Is there something that I am missing? I have searched all the forums, and no one seems to be having this problem...

Thanks for your help!
I am not sure what is wrong with your account. I believe I received my set up instructions from this forum. I've had my BB phone for about 2 months now and I have never had any problems. Not sure how to help you though since I am so new. Oh I haven't upgraded to 2.5. Sorry

Last edited by fyb87; 07-28-2008 at 08:37 AM.. Reason: Didn't fully read before posting
Old 08-01-2008, 02:46 PM   #9
S.Howard

Model: 8300
Carrier: TMO

hey dudes. i get the same problem... P--- me off. Sometimes hotmail comes thru as push email, otherways it comes through in a whole bunch together hours later. Im not using msn so it ain't that that's giving me probs.

any of you dudes know if i can to go back to having hotmail as a polling account?
Old 08-01-2008, 07:00 PM   #10
Berry One

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Howard View Post
if i can to go back to having hotmail as a polling account?
You can't.
Old 08-03-2008, 12:41 AM   #11
STaylo98@hotmail.com

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default I need Help too!!!

I also have been rec'ing my hotmail email via my BB w/o any problem for years.

I am not sure which one of the task actually started causing the problem:

1) I changed my hotmail password via my computer - got a message on my BB that I would need to go and change my pw. Don't think this had anything to do with it, but right now I don't know. I went into the BB Internet Serivies on my desktop and made the changes

2) I installed the BB Desktop Manager thinking that I needed it to create a filter for my Outlook email - I am really thinking this is when thing got back. After installing the DM I even stopped rec'ed my Outlook email. Tried every LOGICAL thing, however, I only started rec'in my outlook email after I removed and battery and placed it back in.

3)Ohter things...I can send a hotmail email w/o a problem - but is not rec'ing any hotmail email. This is about to run me crazy.

I am not using WLM

HELPPPPP
Old 08-04-2008, 02:41 PM   #12
rj240

I'm still having issues...

At least I seem to be finally getting all my emails, but still with 3-4 hours of delay...argh!
Closed Thread