Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 10:56 AM   #21
heffman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VZW

Please Login to Remove!

...coverage is highly corrolated to the number of cell towers with signal repeaters that a carrier has in a given area. evidently, sprint doesnt have many.

vzw isnt all that bad. personally, id rather have good coverage (e.g. - no droped calls and little to no roaming) and suffer the lockdown of certain features. some would argue otherwise, but to each his/her own.

good luck.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:44 PM   #22
Baldie
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9360
Carrier: Sprint

I for one have never had bad service with sprint CS. I've been with nextel/sprint for over7 years. I do realize though that if you call CS with a bad attitude, your probably going to get it right back to you. I worked in a call center enviroment for many years and I learned that some people arent cut out for CS and those are probably the people you talk to. I do get annoyed though when I get a CSR with a bad accent but that usually happens when you call in the evenings so I always try to call during the day.

Roaming is Free on most of sprints plans. I took a trip to the Grand Canyon a few weeks ago and I was roaming for a bit but didn't bother me. I thought about leaving sprint but what for? I get a dropped call here and there, no worries with me no service is perfect. They seem to be the only carrier that lets you upgrade w/discount at anytime. I upgraded/renewed my contract in June and received a flyer in July stating a $50 credit for renewing but the promotion started after I renewed. I called CS and they were happy to make an exception and gave me $70 instead of $50 off my current bill. On top of that, I get a 15% discount on my monthly bill for the life of my contract (2 years) for renewing. Both curves on my account are on a share plan that share 1500 min with unlimited everything (data,text,wknd/night, etc.), phone as modem, and replacement insurance. I pay $150/month. I checked around other carriers and couldn't find a deal better than that so I stuck around. I also just found out I'm getting a $200 ($100/phone) rebate check.

Last edited by Baldie; 07-28-2008 at 08:46 PM..
Old 07-29-2008, 10:23 AM   #23
fyb87
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
PIN: 20F770D0 - send msg w/ request
Carrier: T-Mobile

I had Sprint for 6 years and there CS was always great. All I had to do was threaten to leave and I would get a brand new phone about every 6 months. Each better than the other. Never dropped calls or anything. However, once I moved the Netherlands I moved over to T-mobile since they offered service in that area. I could just pop in my sim card from here and add it to my phone over there without any problem. I do wish I still had Sprint due to the number of drop calls I have with T-mobile. Don't know anything about Verizon. With the problems you are having I would just make sure it's worth it and if not switch immediately. Better to do it while you can without being charged fees!
Old 07-29-2008, 10:28 AM   #24
NickfromIL
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

And that is the key fyb, the retention dept. is great. I once ended up with over $300 in credit by threatening to leave, which got me to the end of my contract, where I left anyway.

My biggest concern is coverage. I can deal with poor CS, I can deal with paying more or less per month, but I want to know my device is going to work when and where I need it to. In my area Verizon by far has the best coverage, which is why I am with them now.

Last edited by NickfromIL; 07-29-2008 at 10:33 AM..
Old 08-04-2008, 10:41 PM   #25
Gkins3
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
PIN: 24B4032B
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Sprint BB Unlimited Plan

This alone would make me leave... How is it possible they charge $49.99 for unlimited BB (ok... on sale for $39.99), when other companies offer the same for $19.99. Unblievable to me!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	12585  
Old 08-30-2008, 10:27 PM   #26
Foodforthought

Model: 8330
Carrier: sprint

I have Sprint and if you spend any real time with them you can negotiate some ridiculous deals as well. I have 4 phones 2200 min and free text and pix plus nav and modem unlimited and I get credited back more than I paid extra for the bb service, The 8330 curve is awsome.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:14 PM   #27
naraiz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Default Good service

I too am a Sprint customer and I have been since 1997. My experience has been a positive one. If I had a service or billing related issue with Sprint they have always been courteous and professional. I plan on staying with them for the foreseeable future.

When it gets to tough for the rest that's when it's just right for me. - Author Unknown
Closed Thread